Got some Blueberry clones / How long to root?

tintala

Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner
So I got some blueberry clones about 13 days ago, some are showing signs of rooting, but the rest are taking a long time. anyone have any experience in growing blueberrry, if so does this strain take a long time to get roots? I have them under a dome still on the 13th day.:thedoubletake:

pull the dome off,
if they ain't by now they may not, root. :cheesygrinsmiley:

thanks for the reply, i pulled the dome off, and they only have tiny roots coming thru, and some have none, think it would be safe to start vegging the ones that have tiny root protrusions now?
thanks

^ I would. Are you putting any light on the clones now?

yes i have been, I just upped the wattage tho, and pulled the dome off, perhaps I'll need to throw the ones with small roots barely showing nto veg /MHD.

if you can see several small root tips, I find that the sooner you get them into soil, the better.

Mago is right....If they dont take root by day 14 then they may not take at all....It usually takes 7-14 days for a clones to take root. Keep the dome on the ones who havent rooted yet, and keep the humidity up.

You're using MH for the clones, too? I'm not saying that's a problem, but just outa curosity. What wattage are your running now?

Actually no, I use an under cabinet light thats about 60w, that is attached to the lid of a cooler and the tray and dome are inside a cooler. The light keeps it warm enuf. Then after i get roots. I will put them under a MH in waterfarms for 3-4 wks, then 2k w HPS for flwrng. The problem was/is that after getting the clones on the 8th of OCT. now it's the 22nd, some haven't even rooted yet, but MOST have tiny protrusions coming thru the rockwool. THese i have tranplanted into my waterfarms under the MH just didnt want to chance it anymore. But sure seems like these have taken an aweful long time to root, i mean they are still alive and look rather healthy so there may be a chance.

Ironically my first plants are Bllueberry. I took 24 cuttings and came up with 16 after 12 days they were rootbound. I kept 4 as mothers. I just used a 30w flour. right on the dome and now they are under 250w MH as mothers. The pics under member galls. If anyone else has any help/suggestions reguarding this strain that would me great. Thank you for all the support from everyone they are awesome

so your saying that they rooted after 12 days? How long were the roots? what media did you use? Did they all root at the same time?

well most have rooted , now 2 left, 9 are under 1k wat HID, the other 2 are still hanging in there under the dome, I will make the last 2 mothers.The ones that rooted are doing great , I'd say hardly any transplant shock at all, if youcan believe that!?

Now they are going on the 4th day under the 1k and look healthy. The waterfarms are truely incredible and very forgiving, just have to watcht the ph carefully, and make sure the air hoses dont get clogged that connect to the siphon in the tank.

Other than that these waterfarms are my fav,. they rock! This is my 3rd grow with them, had to start all over each time as the strains i ran were prone to mold and hermied as well. Now it's blueberry a solid pheno that came from my caregiver. I threw in one AFHANIx Black domina in the mix. Thanks for everyones chime, I do greatly appreciate it!

Could you post some pics on your blueberry plants , id like to compare with what ive got. Im always sceptical of suppliers. Im happy with the results so far, We got 7 females out of 10. they threw in 5 seeds free supposed to me mazar/afghan and only got 1 female so they all doing nicely. We have 2 of those waterfarms for the mothers, I hope they work as well as yours.

Piviper: here are some pics after 4 days of transplanting into waterfarms, they are sorta stemmy, they were cut from bottom of the mother, they suffered no transplant shock at all. already have new growth. THey are at a 1/4 strength gh /nutes.

bbcloneswaterfarm_004.JPG

bbcloneswaterfarm_010.JPG

bbcloneswaterfarm_011.JPG

Back
Top Bottom