Green Crack Confusion?

nitrox

420 Member
Hello, I got some feminized Green Crack that I started from seed, once ready I transplanted them in Pro Mix soil 5 gallon pots. I have a 3x3 tent with 3 plants under a 400W HPS, my green crack seem growing very much like a salad, it doesn't seem to be stretching, I'm a little confused... It's going on day 23 in veg. It looks healthy but not sure if that's the way it should looks like after 23 days.

This is currently my plant:

2016-06-07_08_49_56.jpg

I'm using the following nutrients:

Grow A (from Optimum Hydroponix) 5-0-2
Grow B (from Optimum Hydroponix) 1-5-8
I have two fan and an air exchanger
I'm on 18-6 Sched.

I did a 3 week flush, Pots have holes in them and water is going through my soil with no problem.

Any advise you can provide is welcomed.

Thanks

Re: Green Crack Confusion...

I've planted six dwarf low flyers and four of my plants are doing the very same thing. The other two plants look more like your typical plant taller and have started making colas. I'm wondering if some just react different because they are hybrids.

Thanks RedDevil for the reply, so how did your low flyers doing?
My light is 12 inches away from my plants, no heat stress or is it hot, I have a vented hood which helps lots.

yes I just topped her a last friday, it's 23 day's in veg do you know how long usually they go in veg?

My light is 12 inches away from my plants, no heat stress or is it hot, I have a vented hood which helps lots.

there doing good I think. Its about day 30. I'm going by the booklet I got with my light system. Vipar spectar the V300's. So I'm following their suggestions and have my lights at about 24 inches from the plants. I had misread the instructions and lowered them to 18" (don't get a good buzz and read instructions) The plants did not suffer until the day before yesterday when I began to notice the top leaves were getting burned on the edges. I raised the lights back to 24". I've got a fan to move the air the plants. Once I figure out how to add a photo I'll post so you can see.

yes I just topped her a last friday, it's 23 day's in veg do you know how long usually they go in veg?

Cannabis usually is in veg for 4 weeks but of course it can be longer or shorter. 4 weeks is an average I guess you could say...

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks a little heat stressed to me, look at the edges of your leaves and how they're turning up, that's usually a good indication of heat stress. I have a 400w attached to an air cooled hood too and keep mind at 16-18 inches. You could try raising it so they will stretch a little too but that will probably be detrimental to your other plants unless you can prop them up in something to keep them closer.

Thanks for the Info TheFertilizer, I brought my light up to 18" will see how they do but if veg is supposed to be 4 weeks I'm like 7 days away from that and no way will they grow that much in 7 days... ?

Thanks for the Info TheFertilizer, I brought my light up to 18" will see how they do but if veg is supposed to be 4 weeks I'm like 7 days away from that and no way will they grow that much in 7 days... ?

Seedlings take a few weeks to build a good root system and then start rapidly growing foliage, that's when the vegetative stage actually starts. I would say your seemingly has just entered vegetative, so you actually have almost 4 weeks more before it will start showing pre-flowers under 18/6.

You can actually throw it into 12/12 whenever you want but the bigger the plant the more it will yield. Once it hits flower most plants stretch a little but it would probably only get 1.5 to 2 times its size. I like to go by size rather than maturity to choose when to flower, it will probably start doubling in size each week now.

I am actually trying 12/12 from seed right now. It skips the vegetative stage, as soon as the seedling is mature it begins flowering and stretching and stays small, only producing a cola and a few side buds. If you grow several small plants like this you can save 3-4 weeks each cycle and harvest more times per year than if you incorporated the usual vegetative stage. I am actually just taking advantage of the electricity savings but thought you might find it interesting and a good way to point out what vegetative is really for.

HPS isn't the preferred lighting for veg either. MH is so if you don't have a switchable ballast you could get a retro bulb that will give MH light from an HPS ballast like I do. Was pretty expensive but it's been working for 15 years so I definitely got my money's worth! :)

It's an 400W EYE Hortilux bulb that cost me $135 in 2001 and plants still grow great under it.

:peace:

That's what I was going to suggest as well, try MH lights. Even though the amount of light like 18/6 or 16/8 is what will keep your plant in vegetation stage, MH lights provide the same spectrum of light as spring sunlight, closer to the 4500-6500 range. I would notice that my plants would stretch under this light, even if I lowered the lights, but it was a natural growth stretch, not like a stretch you would see from a plant not getting enough light.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using 420

Back
Top Bottom