Green Weed - Can You Smoke It?

pete2

I've got some plants that are almost ready to harvest. My question is, The high that you get when you smoke it green, is that going to be as good as it gets? I'm still a bit green, This will be my first harvest. Thanks for any feed back.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Nope that is the worst it gets. Go to the form on harvesting and you can learn about drying and curring. 2 months min to do it right. You can cheat and probably smoke at about 2 weeks but the potency will still be lower.

Reputable medical stores will not take anything cured under 2 months. If you do it right it can take 6 months for optimum potency.

This is a hobby of patience. DO NOT microwave it.

Nope that is the worst it gets. Go to the form on harvesting and you can learn about drying and curring. 2 months min to do it right. You can cheat and probably smoke at about 2 weeks but the potency will still be lower.

Reputable medical stores will not take anything cured under 2 months. If you do it right it can take 6 months for optimum potency.

This is a hobby of patience. DO NOT microwave it.

The reason behind this is that the immature cannabinoids and the left-over chlorophyll and sugars need time to break down into that smooth, well-cured smoke you REALLY want. You can actually smell the stages the cure is going through, very stinky at first, and gradually mellowing out. My OG Kush, with it's sativa ancestry started out smelling like diesel fuel, mellowed out at a month to lemon Thai, then aftr 2 1/2 months settled down into a nice, inviting aroma. My grandsons say it's the best they ever had!

Pete: I went over to your journal.... HOLY CRAP, MAN! Was there any room left for YOU? Must be the lights and the hydro that got them that big! What was your dry yield per plant?
LOL, Had to rent a bigger apartment, LOL. Thanks for the reply, but I haven't pulled them yet. I'm pretty green to this, and still trying to figure out the proper time to pull them. I'm hoping soon.:thanks::thumb::thumb:

i left my plants an extra week to flower whilst i was on holiday and when i came back all the main colas had drooped and bent over due to weight increase and they just looked moreish than the week before. i will be giving all my ladies an extra week from now on thats for sure whats an extra week in the scale of things, at the end stage it is everything, harvest earlier and it will do but be a little bit more patient and it will be feckin awsome. your the cook regards

LOL, Had to rent a bigger apartment, LOL. Thanks for the reply, but I haven't pulled them yet. I'm pretty green to this, and still trying to figure out the proper time to pull them. I'm hoping soon.:thanks::thumb::thumb:

Check both the percent of brown/orange hairs and the color of the trics.

I am guessing that if you see no more change towards maturity after a week or two (check on what people growing your strains say) then it's time to cut and dry.

In my case, I had nearly 100% brown hairs and 100% cloudy trics. After a 2 week wait, there was no change, and I am positive I got way past the trippy-head high stage. So I harvested then. My trics never did turn amber.

Check both the percent of brown/orange hairs and the color of the trics.

I am guessing that if you see no more change towards maturity after a week or two (check on what people growing your strains say) then it's time to cut and dry.

In my case, I had nearly 100% brown hairs and 100% cloudy trics. After a 2 week wait, there was no change, and I am positive I got way past the trippy-head high stage. So I harvested then. My trics never did turn amber.

Well some of the hairs have turned brown, trics are still clear. I'm going to wait till trics are at lease cloudy. Thanks for posting and the advice :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks for the advice, The trics are still clear, I'll wait for awhile. And your right a week or two in the over all realm of things isn't long at all. Thanks Bro

I am certain you will do just fine. Even with all the modern nutes, equipment and methods, your experience from the Old Days will see you through. You KNOW what to look for. You'll figure it out, and what works for you. :circle-of-love:

Thanks for the input, I'm a hydro man myself. I had to put dowel rods in the 2 biggest ones. They still wobble some. Thanks again

Wobble is OK, as long as the dowel supports the colas and takes some of the weight off the stems. The success you're having, they are gonna get really heavy! After pushing them down into the substrate as far as I could, I tied my dowels to the main stems, for mutual support. This might eliminate some of the wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey thingy. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom