Greetings from Curacao

Hello
Well i had in mind around 3 to 5 plants. And have that number in growing stages continously
This is the light i bought

IMG_8429.jpeg
You don’t want that light, 3-5 plants you would need about 500W minimum. @ViparSpectra, @VIVOSUN and @Mars Hydro all make excellent lighting in this class. CL🍀

What is wrong with the light O already have?

it's pretty anemic. it's also old tech. decent lighting is not cheap. the one you have is sort of a starter light. have a look at what other folk are using. check out a few journals to get an idea.

lighting is probably the hardest thing to get right.

Question for you guys is it the watts that makes a better light like 1000w compared to a 500w? (led)

it's a number of factors. the most important watt number is the true draw it actually pulls from the wall, not the advertised equivalent rating. equivalent ratings are garbage, they are based on what the sum total of the emitters can handle in theory, not how much is actually provided.

that's why @Hanapi has a light advertised as 1500w that in reality only provides 150w. only a bullshit company sells them that way.

any honest mfgr, and all of our sponsors advertise what the light actually pulls from the wall. that's the important number. after that it's a question of what you run for drivers and emitters.

Question for you guys is it the watts that makes a better light like 1000w compared to a 500w? (led)
Efficiency not just watts some power is lost as heat so got to check the umol/j I think the measurements are.. (think) so even the wall pull isn't 100% food for the plant but all newer lights are pretty maxed right now.

Then you have quality so not considering food for plant if it's crap build it won't last it's full lifetime.. if your having to run them at full wack it won't last as long.

Back
Top Bottom