Greetings from Curacao

Hi Hanapi and welcome to 420 Magazine, the most friendly and helpful cannabis forum!

Are you planning to use a grow tent, what size? Or if you have a room, how big is it?

Hi all
Greetings from curacao in the Caribbean
Have growing experience but just moved and don’t have the space to grow out doors anymore. So im going to attempt indoors. And lighting asvise would be much appreciated
JR
Welcome to the 420mag family :welcome: my family are from St Vincent.. not the closest of islands but beautiful over there for sure!

Will you be growing in a room or tent? And what's the measurements? We do have sponsors here who offer discounts but if I change my lights again I'll be sticking with the 301diodes for sure.

Any pictures to share of your previous grows?

✌🏽

Welcome Hanapi you have come to the right place there is a lot of expert indoor growers here and I am sure if you ask a question one of them will help you. What are you going to use for nutrients. Are you planting in soil? If you need anything for your grow, please check out our sponsors, you can find just about anything you may need. Good luck with your grow and happy growing.

Hi Hanapi and welcome to 420 Magazine, the most friendly and helpful cannabis forum!

Are you planning to use a grow tent, what size? Or if you have a room, how big is it?
Hi there. Nice to meet you
Im debating whether to use a room ( 3x3.5m) or closeth. My issue is that I have no clue what strength light I need. As in wattage. I have a 1500 watt grow lamp with vegging and blooming options but im lost. Used to plant at the old house in the back yard and it went very well. I had two large LED lights i used at night. I got nice big plants. Now i get small skinny plants 🥺 what would be the best way to start indoor. Im lost. Help please

IMG_8427.jpeg

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Hanapi

I see you are a soil grower. Will you be growing in soil indoors?
To answer your question about growing indoors, I suggest starting a grow journal, so you can track your progress and we can follow along if you need help.

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Hi all
Have growing experience but just moved and don’t have the space to grow out doors anymore. So im going to attempt indoors. And lighting asvise would be much appreciated
JR
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :ciao: :high-five: :welcome:
We have great sponsors that will give you a discount on any equipment you need.
What size space do you have?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Hi all
JR
Welcome to the @420 Magazine family @Hanapi the best pro-cannabis/ growing site on the planet 🌎. CL🍀 :welcome: :thumb::circle-of-love::party::cheer::theband::420:

Nice picture bro 👌🏽 them pots look like old hydroponic buckets.. are the holes at the front the only drainage the pots have?

As for the lights your 1500w light is most likely 150w.. I could be wrong but most lights are advertised as 1000 but in the description it will tell you the consumption which is the real power of the lights usually about 10%

That's a big space was you looking to fill it as much as possible or did you have an amount of plants in mind?

Nice picture bro 👌🏽 them pots look like old hydroponic buckets.. are the holes at the front the only drainage the pots have?

As for the lights your 1500w light is most likely 150w.. I could be wrong but most lights are advertised as 1000 but in the description it will tell you the consumption which is the real power of the lights usually about 10%

That's a big space was you looking to fill it as much as possible or did you have an amount of plants in mind?
Hello
Well i had in mind around 3 to 5 plants. And have that number in growing stages continously
This is the light i bought

IMG_8429.jpeg

Hi there. Nice to meet you
Im debating whether to use a room ( 3x3.5m) or closeth. My issue is that I have no clue what strength light I need. As in wattage. I have a 1500 watt grow lamp with vegging and blooming options but im lost. Used to plant at the old house in the back yard and it went very well. I had two large LED lights i used at night. I got nice big plants. Now i get small skinny plants 🥺 what would be the best way to start indoor. Im lost. Help please
There are lots of great replies on your thread already! One tip, for any question, be sure to give as many details as possible about the nature of your problem (including pics) . For wattage, always be sure to check the actual power draw, not the "rating". For example, I'm in a 2x4 tent and I am using about 300 watts of actual power LED, or 37.5 watts per square foot. You'll want to be in that vicinity at least.

:peacetwo:

Hello
Well i had in mind around 3 to 5 plants. And have that number in growing stages continously

IMG_8429.jpeg
Leave the bloom on all the time.
It's only 150 watts.
Girls like more light. :Namaste:
Leaving bloom on helps a little.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Hello

IMG_8429.jpeg
Yeah I'd say that's 150w mate. What's your goal on bud? Or did you want as much as possible? I ran 300w in a 1m x 1m tent and that gave me 350g of bud..

welcome to the fun @Hanapi :welcome:

setting up an indoor for the first time can be a daunting experience. most of us muddle through the process a couple times at first before we get a handle on what is essential, usually making expensive mistakes on the way. fortunately, we can help guide you through some of the bigger pitfalls.

there are a few things to consider before setting up. determine what you have to work with. everyone needs an area to grow. that grow is going to require a few things before you set up.

first is power. you can't grow without powering the lights and ventilation. other peripherals like ac, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, fans etc all need to be taken in to account. often you won't know what is required until well into a grow, if you need to add powered equipment it is good to plan now for it. considering you're in an island climate, you may need ac and dehum and the power requirements that go with it.

the best way to set up power for your grow space is use a dedicated circuit, with only the grow room powered on that circuit. i normally run all my flower spaces this way. if you don't have a dedicated circuit, you will have to add up everything on the circuits you plant to use, to make sure you have enough to run without stressing the breakers, or causing a fire issue.

the next thing is ventilation. you'll want access to vent exhaust from the grow area to outdoor. venting is the cheapest and best way to maintain a healthy grow environment and will help you avoid other environment issues, like excess heat and humidity, and problems like black mold getting into your walls and ceiling. ventilation is also a must if you need to grow in a stealth mode.

you want to plan your grow so you can add ventilation to outdoor easily, or tie into existing ventilation that leads outdoor.

the next thing to consider is area. where are you setting up and how large you want to go. sometimes solving for power and ventilation forces you into choosing a pre-defined area, room, or closet. at other times you may get to define the area yourself. it will depend on your living situation.

most growers will find over time that a single area is not enough. many growers myself included, set up separate seedling/veg and flower areas. this adds a lot more flexibility and can allow you the ability to have multiple harvests in a year instead of only 1 or 2.

the total area you use for your veg and flower spaces will determine how much light you need and ventilation requirements, which in turn will inform you of the minimum power requirements. long before you start looking at gear and methods of growing.

some planning now will save loads of trouble and fair bit of cash later.

We have a constant breeze here so ventilation should not be a problem.

that really only counts outdoor. indoor growing is a different world.

edit : for ease i normally recommend a turn-key tent system for new growers. i actually built most of my spaces over the years, but a tent system is great way to get in and going.

Back
Top Bottom