Grow Room & Electrical Setup - Help Please - Newbie Warning!

420Girl

Hi everybody!

First off I'm a TOTAL newbie...not only to the forums and growing, but also to cannabis in general, so apologies in advance for my lack of knowledge!

Basically, I'm at my wits end with various ailments so I've decided to go down the MMJ route after having read such positive things about how it can help. I've decided I want to grow my own because I don't like the idea of getting stuff off the street and not knowing what's in it, plus it's bound to be really high in THC and I think that would be too much for me.

Unfortunately I have some pretty big obstacles getting in my way for a start - I live in a flat (in the UK!), have little to no knowledge of the electrical stuff needed for a safe setup, and also not many hiding places. My plan is to buy a small grow tent to keep in my room, for my one plant, and use either CFLs or maybe T4s/T5s for my lighting. My biggest issue I have with the whole thing is that I'm terrified of setting up lights wrong or something and burning the place down, especially as I live in a flat!! I've trawled YouTube looking at grow room setups and I still struggle to find any that really delve into how you actually set up the lights in detail. If I were to say, set up 2-4 CFLs, would it be a fire hazard to have a sort of "loose" lamp holder cable fed from the mains through the tent and just hanging down above the plant? I also don't know how I'd adjust the height if the lights were just hanging unsecured. And would I still need a fan for one plant or could I get away with just using the vents in the side of the tent and maybe open the door occasionally to let fresh air in? Sorry for all the questions!

I've already sprouted a Northern Lights feminized seed and she's growing, albeit very slowly, although she's incredibly stretched because I haven't been able to provide her with enough light yet, bless her. I know, I know - I should have set up everything FIRST, and THEN grown her, but I was incredibly naive (stupid) and thought I might be able to grow her (or at least start her off) on my window sill. Obviously I've learnt from her 4 inch stem and tiny leaves that this isn't going to work!

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I'm determined to do this as I really need to try and help myself and I want to make sure I do it safely and properly.

First I would like to say northern lights is not a beginner seed hard to grow OK for your lights there are so many different things to do have you looked into led

Sent from my C6740N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom