Growing in coco - Deficiencies driving me batty

I grow in Hempy buckets, 5 gal, using 75/25 Bontaina coco/growstones.
I add cal/mag with every watering.
This is actually Heads modified Lucas formula at 2/3rds the rate. I have had problem before with Mag deficiency, now adding 1 gr/gal epson salt and the has stopped that problem. You can see the deficiency in the first pic, lower leaves.

4ml GH micro
6ml GH bloom
2 ml Cal/Mag
1 gram epson
That is the per gallon rate.

I had problems prior using Heads modified Lucas formula at full rates, that is why I have backed off to 2/3rds rate. Thinking I could back off a bit more but the plants look gr8.
I am growing 8 top manifold (mainline) technique, two plants, White Rhino and Exodus Cheese. They are cut to 8 and will be going 12/12 later this week.
Prior to first trim.
20151021_172604.jpg

Trimmed to 8
20151112_175847.jpg

GR

I was having similar troubles with coco holding onto too much water and nutrients and not enough air. Young plants were finding it difficult and growth was slow.
The next time around I soaked the coco brick leaving it for 20 minutes. I noticed the finest particles would sink to the bottom of the bucket, around 20% of it. So I just removed the floating 80% by hand for growing and left the very fine sludge in the bottom of the bucket for the compost bin. The coco now drains much more freely enabling daily watering without problems. Small things can make a big difference.

Coco coir, LEDs, tap water, not one drop of cal/mag
image35314.jpg

20160117_201927.jpg
image34441.jpg

Not a single drop of cal/mag yet...

My first pure coco grow. Also what i learned is that during veg you only nees to water every 3-4 days i was watering at firat every 2 and they droooooped. Now during flower depending on plant size you will feed it almost a gallon in 3# i use 3 gall smart pots and use 3L every other day per plant.

Coco coir, LEDs, tap water, not one drop of cal/mag

Grizzwald,
You must have adaquate Cal/Mag in you tap water. Wish I could use my tap, but that shit has almost 800 ppm of who know what. Don't drink it, don't cook with it, don't brush teeth with it, and during the summer I use rain water for my final rinse from the shower. It is some really nasty shit.

Nice plants bud!

GR

That's wrong, what's the point of having that come out of your tap? What can it be used for? Yes we have very good water out of our taps. Actually cleaner than the bottled water people buy..

I'm going to lol for a similar makeup to the nova..I don't think we should be giving money to monsanto...

I'm waiting for their new modified weed seeds... If i like'em, i'll breed them and give the seeds away free...
My water comes out of my well at 1100 ppm so i use r.o. water ...
If we stopped dealing with all the corporations that screw us we'd go naked and starve....
I used FNB before they came along, and my one gal a year won't cause an over flow of their coffers...

I water every day with nutes in coco and don't get issues. I start with little water in the beginning, just enough to keep the rockwool moist in the beginning.

As the plant gets bigger, I water with more water, then I hook them up to a drip system that feeds 3 times a day.

I got 14oz dry from one auto and 3 pounds from my largest using this method.

Back
Top Bottom