Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

although once i used a ice bong and just holy shit.... you could take such massive hits it was insane cause it cooled it so much..

For that reason right there haha. Bigger smoother hits.

Hello farside!
It's about time I pulled up a chair. Give me a day to get caught up. I just skimmed the first page and looks like a pretty sweet setup. I see you got a GG Auto going from FB. It'll be neat to see the difference between breeders as I have the AutoSeeds going. My Pineapples are Fast Buds and they produced well.
:peace:

Day 45

@MrSauga @InTheShed

So on Wednesday (or was it Tuesday) I mixed up the Mega Crop into a concentrated solution so that 1 tsp equaled 1g of powder. The theory was to make it faster to dose rather than weighing out the powder you need, and to eliminate some of the inconsistencies of the lumps in the Mega Crop. After a day, there was a little sediment. If you shook the jar, everything went back into suspension. By today, there were some larger chunks. Shaking did not dissolve them all, at least at room temp. The smell was no worse than it was before. Maybe at a lower concentration this would not be a problem. I did see a couple leaves that looked like they may be short a little on Calcium, mainly on one of the Gorilla Glues. They have always seemed like bigger eaters since the GSC's got a little tip burn at their current feed strength but the GG's did not. I wanted to test the theory of feeding more Mega vs supplementing with Cal Mag, so I fed them the Mega despite the chunks. The GSC's got 25ml (5g of powder equvelent) and the GG's got 30ml which equates to 6g. We'll see what the next couple days bring. If I have to weigh powder for each individual gallon. I don't know that I'm saving that much time from using my other liquids. I can dose them pretty quick with some syringes. Seeing all the girls out of the tent made me realize that I need to defoliate them some more. Maybe over the next two days when I'm off work I will do that.

Mega after it settled several days

Chunks in Mega even after shaking

The Girls

So, then it would appear large volume concentration mixes wont really work. There's no way to know what has separated without sending for analysis, and even if it does mix through, the concentrations may not be as consistent as one would have hoped. Is that what you got out of the experiment farside?

I bumped up my MC last night to almost double. I was at 1100ppm with other supplements. To get up to 1100ppm from tap water, only using MC, I had go from 6.3g to 10g.
Maybe I'm not mixing up as much as you, and I have never tried other nute lines, but I personally find this weighing method simple and quick. I'm not trying to hit precise numbers. If the calculator says I need 10g's of MC, then if I hit 10.1, 9.8, 10.2, I'm good to go. That variance hasn't made a difference so far in the past.

Thanks for taking the plunge on that one for us farside. What are your plans from here as far as using MC in the future and how?

So, then it would appear large volume concentration mixes wont really work. There's no way to know what has separated without sending for analysis, and even if it does mix through, the concentrations may not be as consistent as one would have hoped. Is that what you got out of the experiment farside?

I bumped up my MC last night to almost double. I was at 1100ppm with other supplements. To get up to 1100ppm from tap water, only using MC, I had go from 6.3g to 10g.
Maybe I'm not mixing up as much as you, and I have never tried other nute lines, but I personally find this weighing method simple and quick. I'm not trying to hit precise numbers. If the calculator says I need 10g's of MC, then if I hit 10.1, 9.8, 10.2, I'm good to go. That variance hasn't made a difference so far in the past.

Thanks for taking the plunge on that one for us farside. What are your plans from here as far as using MC in the future and how?

Yes, it's hard to know what has fallen out of suspension. Is it an equal amount if everything, or just specific parts of the formula? It's a bit disconcerting for an anal person like me. Currently I'm running about 3 gal per plant (so 12 gal) and feeding 2x a week. I can dose real fast with a liquid and syringe, faster than weighing. Today was sweet with just dosing one product in a syringe, but I can do 4 products with a syringe in the same time as watering. I used just about all my sample of Mega making the concentrate. So now it's either buy more, use the chunky stuff (I have enough for 2 more feeds or about another week), or go back to my previous formula which I still have a lot of product on hand. I'll probably go the later until I get low and then it's decision time. The Foliage Pro/Pro Tekt mix has proven to be quite good and has won over a number of converts. I've always been a fan of simple and less parts, which was my draw to Mega.

I can dose real fast with a liquid and syringe, faster than weighing. Today was sweet with just dosing one product in a syringe, but I can do 4 products with a syringe in the same time as watering. I used just about all my sample of Mega making the concentrate.
OK you answered my question here from a post elsewhere. Thanks.
Well another thing to consider is what yields best or gives better quality product. If time is less but quality is better, then there's a balance. But if MC fails on both sides the decision is obvious.

OK you answered my question here from a post somewhere elsewher. Thanks.
Well another thing to consider is what yields best or gives better quality product. If time is less but quality is better, then there's a balance. But if MC fails on both sides the decision is obvious.

True. To fully tests results of yield and quality I'd want to do a side by side from the beginning of the grow. Hopping in in the middle of a grow and not having control plants, since I've fed them all the same each watering, it would be difficult to discern the difference. It would be best to do a Mega vs Dyna grow off on my next run.

I would think, given the color of the water, that some elements stay in suspension and some don't. Since I figured that ½ tsp was close enough to 4 grams, it takes me about 20 seconds to mix up a gallon of water. Based on your experience I think I'll stick with that method. Thanks for the science farside!

The anal part of me has a hard time with the "close enoughs". I was busting out the scale and measuring exactly 5g. Take off a bigger chunk here, adding a smaller chunk there. Treating that powder like a Coke dealer. Maybe I need to lighten up. Just dump a pile of it on the table and go Tony Montana on it.

It would take weeks to get the smell of the Mega out of your nose.

The two on the right (one of each strain) were super dense. You can see some defined colas now. After getting some of the foliage out of the way, I gained a hair more tent space and was able to pull the branches out a tad bit more.

Been playing canna kitchen this AM. Have a batch of butter in the Magical Butter machine for cookies. While it was running I whipped up a batch of Sour Patch Lime Gummies. I started with @Preston9mm recipe and then added the sour coating. These things are delicious!

Gummies
1/4c infused oil
1/4c light corn syrup
1/2c water
6oz Lime Jello mix (either 1 large 6oz box or 2 small 3oz boxes)
.5oz unflavored gelatin (two .25 packets)

Put first 3 ingredients into a pot, bring up to temp, medium heat. Slowly add gelatines while whisking. Increase heat to medium high heat until it starts to bubble. Transfer to molds. Put in n freezer for 45 minutes.

Coating
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp Citric Acid (you can use anywhere between 1tsp and 3tsp depending how sour you want them).

Remove from molds. Spread out on cookie sheet to a single layer. Sprinkle with coating, then toss them all to o get an even distribution on all gummies. Transfer to lidded container.

Ended up with 36 1/4 toll House cookies. Butter was indica based (Northern Lights and Blueberry). Should be around 16mg THC each. The 1/4 cookie went to my big Rottweiler. She's arthritic and was struggling today. If it helps her I'll try making her some special dog treats that we can dose her with daily.

Back
Top Bottom