Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Looking like these are gunna turn out killer :) ever think of running a scrog net?

No on the SCROG because I typically take them to the tub for watering so I can get good runoff and not have to deal with excess water in trays under the pots. Supposedly quadlining gets scrog type results without the net. Time will tell.

Day 31

Felt froggy when I got home from work. Decided to clean up the bottoms to make them look less like shrubberies. Took off quite a few big fans.

Then I readjusted the ties. Got the Triple Cheese back into more of a rectangle. She was looking a bit more diamond shaped.

I put another tray under Triple Cheese so she's more level with Peyote Critical. Then I raised the light to take them back to 35k lux. PC had grown up to about 42k.

Plants are looking great mate shame about the accidental topping, I did the same thing on one of my Bruce banners last grow and still turned out fine

This is the wifes impatient hanging basket that was yellowed out from lack of N and almost dead. 3 feedings of Mega Crop and 2 weeks later. Perfect health. I threw in the son's pipe we bought him in Mexico for something weed related.
IMG_20190731_131436.jpg

I just bought an Aloe plant too. I beat some of the Faux Mix© out of the big Blue Dream'matic's root ball to up pot it. I won't give any Mega for a while since I'm sure there is some build up still in there, and previous experience tells me that Aloe plants are light feeders. But when I fed the last Aloe plant my Dyna Gro feed, it went nuts. I expect the same with the Mega. Oh, and the tomato plant that a tomato worm ate all but one top out of, it got some Mega too. Just one dose 2 weeks ago. You can't tell that the worm did all that much damage anymore. Sorry folks, cannabis isn't all that special in it's nutritional needs. The same basic feed will work for damn near every plant.

...and the tomato plant that a tomato worm ate all but one top out of, it got some Mega too. Just one dose 2 weeks ago. You can't tell that the worm did all that much damage anymore. Sorry folks, cannabis isn't all that special in it's nutritional needs. The same basic feed will work for damn near every plant.

I'm doing my first grow and sharing some of the cannabis nutes with my tomatoes and cucumbers. The soil mix, in 20 gallon fabric pots, is 50/50 Fox KoKo Bop, some perlite, and a good local dairy compost, processed to kill weed seeds.

I've giving the tomatoes a blend of fish fertilizer and liquid kelp but have now switched to Fox Bloom. But... I have a concern and a question.

The vegetative growth of the tomatoes is good and there are many flowers. But I don't think much fruit is setting and I'm concerned I've over fertilized.

If I continue to give the Bloom nute, how often should it be applied?

The clones absolutely love this soil mix and so do the cucumbers. Next year I plan to grow most of our vegetables in fabric pots, in this same cannabis mix.

This is the first I've heard of Mega -- I've added it to next year's garden wish list. Thanks!

Day 33

Fed them both 2 gallons each (5ml Mega Crop, 5ml Pro Tent, 5ml Cal Mag). Implemented some bowl training to go with the Quadline, so they look a little thinner in the middle right now.

I know that many growers here use cal/mag but considering how beautiful your plants are why feed them cal/mag? Is this to correct some condition or have you done this since they were much younger? (I'm in my first grow and worry that I may neglect some important aspect of this.)

I know that many growers here use cal/mag but considering how beautiful your plants are why feed them cal/mag? Is this to correct some condition or have you done this since they were much younger? (I'm in my first grow and worry that I may neglect some important aspect of this.)

I have a specific N-P-K ratio that I shoot for (2-1-3.5) and blend products accordingly. My main fertilizer is close to my goal, but then I like to add Silica which adds additional K. I use the extra N in Cal Mag to get back to my desired ratio.

You're bumping the walls of the tent, so I'll say it again...corners man, corners!

We're getting to that point. Thinking like 9 more days of veg to try to fill the whole tent then flip.

Looking good Boss man, maybe I'll raise my lights again to drop my gals into the 30-40k lux range, i have some at 58k again

I know in the past that mine have not liked 60kish with my light. It was almost like you could map the bleaching from each diode above it.

Back
Top Bottom