Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Damn! Tough break (no pun intended)
:confused:

Hard to notice the damage when they grow tight like that. Hope she keeps on trucking along for ya.
:thumb:

It's more noticeable today. I'll give her a couple days then try to shape her into an equilateral triangle rather than a rectangle with a missing corner.

It's more noticeable today. I'll give her a couple days then try to shape her into an equilateral triangle rather than a rectangle with a missing corner.
2019-01-26-15-19-51.jpg

@InTheShed was suggesting dividing the tent diagonally rather than down the middle from the beginning. A broken top on the Triple Cheese and he'll get his wish. I blame him...jk...lol

We have lift off. The Triple Cheese and Peyote Critical are up. Transplanted their Jiffy Pellet into a Solo cup filled with Faux Mix©. Watered in with Week 1 (actually more like day 1-5) feed. 1g Mega Crop, 1ml Pro Tekt, 1ml Cal Mag. Had to put a string around the middle of the big Blue Dream to reign her in so the babies weren't sitting underneath her. Put the Solo cups up on a stack of pot trays to raise them up some more. Currently they are getting 12k lux.

That's crazy you can do that with just a base and nout else. Thats jedi mate.
Actually can't get over that this works.
I love the wierd and wonderful things people figure out.
Bet your NPK ratio must be similar to the Lucas Formula. I'll go check what it is, you mind informing what your ratios are mate so I can go see if there's a realation without having to rampage through 38 pages lol. Intreagued about this and want to find out more on my quest for understanding our lovely facemelters :)

That's crazy you can do that with just a base and nout else. Thats jedi mate.
Actually can't get over that this works.
I love the wierd and wonderful things people figure out.
Bet your NPK ratio must be similar to the Lucas Formula. I'll go check what it is, you mind informing what your ratios are mate so I can go see if there's a realation without having to rampage through 38 pages lol. Intreagued about this and want to find out more on my quest for understanding our lovely facemelters :)
A 1:blushsmile:1 ratio of Mega Crop to Pro Tekt to Cal Mag works out to a blended N-P-K of 3.7-2-6.7. Simplified to 2-1-3.5.

A 1:blushsmile:1 ratio of Mega Crop to Pro Tekt to Cal Mag works out to a blended N-P-K of 3.7-2-6.7. Simplified to 2-1-3.5.
Hmm that's certainly interesting.
The Lucas Formula is 5/14/15 which is basically 1-3-3.

So, we know that
1-3-3 works from start to finish.
2-1-3.5 works from start to finish.

I'm gonna have to give this a go like.
I've done seedling to finish on 500ppm for photos and autos and that works mint but my ratios completely changed for bloom.

I'll have a look and see what ratios I've got currently to play with.
See if I can figure something out.
I'll stick an auto on the sidelines to see what happens.

Thanks mate.
Think I'm gonna read through the lot any way now. Not in a onner as I'm about to get my Xbox hour but I'll catch up soon :)

When comparing feeds, make sure you're considering whether P and K are referred to in PPM or P2O5 and K2O as %. If the latter, P2O5 must be multiplied by 0.44 and K2O must be multiplied by 0.83. The info on the packaging will always be the latter, but something like the Lucas Formula would likely be expressed as the former.

Hmm that's certainly interesting.
The Lucas Formula is 5/14/15 which is basically 1-3-3.

So, we know that
1-3-3 works from start to finish.
2-1-3.5 works from start to finish.

I'm gonna have to give this a go like.
I've done seedling to finish on 500ppm for photos and autos and that works mint but my ratios completely changed for bloom.

I'll have a look and see what ratios I've got currently to play with.
See if I can figure something out.
I'll stick an auto on the sidelines to see what happens.

Thanks mate.
Think I'm gonna read through the lot any way now. Not in a onner as I'm about to get my Xbox hour but I'll catch up soon :)
Check the Mega Crop free sample. Don't even worry about the Cal Mag and Pro Tekt if you don't already have them or an equivalent. You're a Coco guy, might need to scale back the dosage a bit for the daily feeding vs my soil-less mix. Maybe 4mg max vs my 6mg as a guess.

When comparing feeds, make sure you're considering whether P and K are referred to in PPM or P2O5 and K2O as %. If the latter, P2O5 must be multiplied by 0.44 and K2O must be multiplied by 0.83. The info on the packaging will always be the latter, but something like the Lucas Formula would likely be expressed as the former.

Not sure how Lucas quotes theirs, but definitely when comparing labels of most nutes to tissue samples of plants, one must make those adjustments.

I wasn't talking about tissue samples, just the difference between N-P-K and N-P2O5-K2O. P2O5 is reduced to P and K2O is reduced to K. All the bottles and bags will express their numbers as P2O5 and K2O, but I believe the Lucas will be expressed as P and K.

I wasn't talking about tissue samples, just the difference between N-P-K and N-P2O5-K2O. P2O5 is reduced to P and K2O is reduced to K. All the bottles and bags will express their numbers as P2O5 and K2O, but I believe the Lucas will be expressed as P and K.

Agreed. A label will show something like 1-1-1 but the P and K numbers really need adjusted for the amount actually supplied to the plant, which is really 1-.44-.83. So if you look at tissue sample results, you also have to gross up everything by dividing by those same numbers to account for the difference on the label vs what they really provide. Pretty sure we're on the same page. I may not be expressing myself as best I can due to large quantities of alcohol.

Agreed. A label will show something like 1-1-1 but the P and K numbers really need adjusted for the amount actually supplied to the plant, which is really 1-.44-.83. So if you look at tissue sample results, you also have to gross up everything by dividing by those same numbers to account for the difference on the label vs what they really provide. Pretty sure we're on the same page. I may not be expressing myself as best I can due to large quantities of alcohol.

We're on the same page, but Barney was tryna see how your blend stacks up to the Lucas.

We're on the same page, but Barney was tryna see how your blend stacks up to the Lucas.

Isn't the Lucas formula 3-1-2? (Excuse me for not looking it up like I normally would. Should have been in bed 5 hours and lots of drinks ago.) Adjust as you may they won't line up with Mega. I did 3-1-2 with Dyna Gro for 3+ years. Liked the results. That ratio does a pretty damn good job too. I have a small sample size of 1 grow showing 2-1-3 is better than 3-1-2. Hoping to add more data to verify or debunk the results.

Isn't the Lucas formula 3-1-2? (Excuse me for not looking it up like I normally would. Should have been in bed 5 hours and lots of drinks ago.) Adjust as you may they won't line up with Mega. I did 3-1-2 with Dyna Gro for 3+ years. Liked the results. That ratio does a pretty damn good job too. I have a small sample size of 1 grow showing 2-1-3 is better than 3-1-2. Hoping to add more data to verify or debunk the results.

Shit, might be confusing Lucas Formula vs Jack's Fertilizer. Excuse my drunken ramblings if I'm totally off base. Need to sleep.

Wouldn't make a difference would it?
The number would still be relative on the 3-2-1 type scale would they they not?

Wouldn't make a difference would it?
The number would still be relative on the 3-2-1 type scale would they they not?

As an example, GH Kool Bloom is 0-10-10 which implies that there is equal P to K when in fact it's really 0 - 4.4 - 8.3 which puts things in better perspective as to what's in there. Ultimately though, you're right in them sort of being the same with the knowledge that percent is parts per hundred, so 10% is the same as 100,000 ppm. Perhaps I'm not explaining myself properly, but ultimately, the numbers can get mixed up. If my memory serves me, the Lucas Formula is expressed as ppm of each element, except we can find pure K or pure P, those are sourced from the phosphate or potassium oxide.

All I know is I was lost a long time ago lol, this old country boys not very good at math lol✌

Me neither, that's why I use Hydro Buddy. It's a nutrient calculator that does ALL of my math.

Back
Top Bottom