Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Starting to look like a forest in that tent Farside. Soon it will be busting out of the seams of the tent..LOL
tumblr_m1ocdpUzfW1qjczh3o1_500.gif

Day 45/5

They needed watered this AM. Still haven't bumped them to the next feed level. They just seem happy where they are. Maybe next time as they get going into bloom. Fed 5mg Mega Crop, 5ml Pro Tekt, 5ml Cal Mag. They have declared sex, now on. To some buds.

Got shipping confirmation on my Purple Urkle seeds from Cannapot. For all the sponsors here, I don't see them mentioned as much as some of the others. So far everything has gone extremely smooth.

Nice color!

Other than breaking the one branch on PC, it's all going to plan. I haven't even singed a tip yet. PC is getting a little big to fit through the doorways for her trips to the tub for watering. Could prove interesting as she stretches.

I like the way you just mentioned the MC rather than the whole formula and summon the beast ;).

Actually when I get to 6 MC, I stay at 5 Pro Tekt and 5 Cal Mag, so I never get to the number of the beast. I've heard that too much Silicon can cause thick leaves, and the Dyna Gro guy recommends 1 tsp (5ml) so I stop there. Plus I have 5ml syringes for dosing nutes, and I'm too lazy to fill them more than once...lol

FWIW, when I looked at your numbers last week, I noticed your Si ppm is upwards of round 50. For comparison, GH targets the armor Si to 25ppm and that's the number I've been using out of habit. I would think 50 would make it hard to balance the ph, but that would be my only concern.

If it's within your ability to, I suggest looking into adding more sulfur into your regimen. Sulfur makes them smell and taste so sweet and MC is extremely low in S for some reason. When I was running TC, mine smelled a lot like ice cream cones and had a very similar taste with a tingle of vanilla mixed in there.

FWIW, when I looked at your numbers last week, I noticed your Si ppm is upwards of round 50. For comparison, GH targets the armor Si to 25ppm and that's the number I've been using out of habit. I would think 50 would make it hard to balance the ph, but that would be my only concern.

If it's within your ability to, I suggest looking into adding more sulfur into your regimen. Sulfur makes them smell and taste so sweet and MC is extremely low in S for some reason. When I was running TC, mine smelled a lot like ice cream cones and had a very similar taste with a tingle of vanilla mixed in there.

At least for use in my soil-less mix, I find Mega Crop extremely stable. Doesn't seem to matter what additives you throw at it, it likes to settle at 6.5 which is right where I want it to be. Straight Mega in my tap, straight Mega with my RO, Mega with Pro-Tekt and Cal-Mag and my tap, they all settle out around 6.5. When I was using all Dyna Gro products, the Silica/Pro-Tekt would spike the pH upward, but it doesn't seem to do that with the Mega for some reason. I had another member do some trials too and his came back in the 6.5 range. It's almost like their base nute has a pH Perfect type of effect. Don't know how that would all play out if you were doing hydro and wanting to run at 5.8, then there may be issues, but for soil or soil-less, it's great. My pen is getting dusty. I don't use it anymore. So my conclusion is that the pH stability has more to do with your base nute than the additives. May be right, may be wrong, but that's the assumption I'm running with at the moment.

Do you really feel 1.9% is low Sulfur? I know Dave from Dyna Gro has stated that aroma and flavor is attributed to Sulfur, so you're on point with that. The Foliage Pro I used to use was only .05% Sulfur and the Mag Pro supplement was 1.5% Sulfur. I use comparable amounts of Mega compared to Foliage Pro, so the Mega provides far more Sulfur than I ever provided before, even if I was supplementing with Mag Pro (since the Mag Pro was used only 1/4 the amount of Foliage Pro).

Back
Top Bottom