Growrooks Soil Multi Strain Mother Plant Grow 2012

growrook

Hello Everyone at 420! Im starting a new journal, I would like to do step by step from seed to cloning. And hopefully create a few great mother plants to keep my garden going with multi strains. So the majority of the grow will be how to grow a mother plant bonsai style. This is a first attempt at this style. But from my research and the help of the great growers on this site I should have few problems:wood:.
So keep toking and growing and hope to see you all here!:Namaste:

What strain is it? From Green House:Exodus Cheese,Church. From Female Seeds: White Widow x Big Bud, C99 Hybrid x X-line. From Barneys Farm: Blue Cheese. From Seed Makers: Super Diesel
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?Most are Indica, the c99 is a Hybrid and the Super Diesel is a Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Germinating using the paper towel method, actual ran out of paper towel so its the toilet paper method
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor Basement
Soil or Hydro?Mother will be in soil, clones in aeroponics, might even flower in areoponics
If soil... what is in your mix? C.I.L Plus Flower & Vegetable Soil: Compost, Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss, Rich Black Humus, PT Myorrhizae
If soil... What size pot? 16oz Cup, 2L Pot, Would like to purchase 1 gallon smart pots
Size of light? 10 26watt CFL 6500K for seedlings, 400 watt MH when in veg. Plan is to up grade later to 600 or 1000 watt MH/HPS
Is it air cooled? I Use fans and leave windows open I live near a lake so I get a nice cool breeze most days
Temp of Room/cab? 80-90 daytime, 75-80 nighttime this changes with the with outside
RH of Room/cab? 50-60
PH of media or res?6,8
Any Pests ? Few fungus gnat in my flowering room right now
How often are you watering?will water as needed when top few inches are dry, pick up the pot water if lite water
Type and strength of ferts used? Hopefully I will have Blue Plant when it comes time for fert

:welcome: to my grow all comments welcome, good bad I learn from them all, I feel if you can take constructive criticism then you think you already know everything, in that case then you don t belong here.

Update
Less then 24hrs later I got 4 that cracked!:cheer:
1: Exodus Cheese
2: Blue Cheese
3: Church
4: White Widow x Big Bud
1,2,3, were planted into 16oz cups [cup were labeled with what strain is planted in it] and water with luke warm bottled water PH 6.0. The wwxbb just cracked so im waiting for more of a tap root before I plant into cup.
Here s how I keep track of which seed is which.
016287.JPG

I place the seeds in between two plates, wrapped in moist toilet papper, Then placed on top of 400 watt ballast to keep warm, warm seeds crack faster and have a higher success rate
017255.JPG

I place an cup on top to as as a humidity dome
015315.JPG

White Widow x Big Bud planted into 16oz cup:thumb: Im really glad this one pop! looking forward to this strain:party:

The Super Diesel cracked, Now I m waiting on the C99 I started FRUIT SPIRIT just in case the C99 don t crack. I germ the FRUIT SPIRIT around 12:00 today I just checked on it and it is cracked so by tomorrow I should have a good tap root.

Week 1
Here are my babies that will give me some lovely clones.
The C99 did not crack so here s the line up, For this journal and a little about each strain. :reading420magazine:

Super Diesel from seedmakers

Fuel undertones provide for a very potent bud with a strong, lemony, cream soda type of smell. The taste is fruity and the exhale leaves a sweet tang on the tongue. High is a buzzy Sativa that lasts forever.
Overall Rating: 8.6
Top Effect: Creative
Top Medical Use: Stress
Top Activity: Create art
Top Negative: Dry Mouth

White Widow x Big bud

Female Seeds White Widow x Big Bud sounds almost too good to be true. Both of these strains have more than earned their place in the cannabis hall of fame but together they prove virtually unbeatable and totally irresistible. Huge buds literally drip with THC carrying resin and at around 7 to 8 weeks the heavy hitting ability of the White Widow really kicks in.

White Widow x Big Bud specifics:
Cannabis genetics: White Widow x Big Bud
Type: Indica / sativa hybrid
Flowering: 7 - 8 weeks
Harvest: October outdoors in the northern hemisphere
Environment: Indoors, greenhouse
THC content: Very high

Church from GreenHouse

Genetics: Swiss sativa, Skunk, Super Skunk, Northern Lights.

Effect: a heavy indica feeling that evolves in a long lasting cerebral high. A special taste and a very social effect.
Flowering indoor: 9 weeks, with a yield of 700 to 800 gr/ sqm.
Flowering outdoor: ready in early October above the equator, in early May in the Southern hemisphere. Yield up to 900 gr/plant. Great resin production and very resistent to mould! Recommended for humid or rainy areas.
Strength / Lasting Effect: The weed is strong and long lasting.
Yield / Quantity Outdoor: The crop of this strain is very high.
General Impression Outdoor: is all together extraordinary and quite recommendable.
Votings of our users: The Church gets 7.75 of 10 possible Points in the average!
THC: 16.8% CBD: 0.7% CBN: 0.6%

Blue Cheese from Barneys Farm

Strain Name: Bluecheese (pheno A – heavy cheese)
Grade: A
Type: Hybrid – Indica Dominant
Looks: Darker blueish color with unique pistol style buds. Rasberry colored hairs. Extremely sticky.
Smell: When the jar is cracked it smells like blue cheese or similar to the craft mac & cheese mix and spices and a hint of dill and exxon fuel. When it is ground up it smells of pungent blueberry rotten fruit with a hint of exxon fuel. Has a unique reek to it. ;)
Taste: Lavender vanilla over tones with a hint of blueberry, a hint of spice and dill skunk. No cheese taste. Taste amazing and unique. Very smooth. Aftertaste reminds me of an old musty basement.
Effects: Day time use. Powerful clear euphoric. Great for getting stuff done. Very anti-anxiety without couch lock haze. Great energetic feelings without a hard come down. Great medical strain for the morning or early afternoon something that packs a punch without the daze or ripped effect.
Potency: Medium

Exodus Cheese From GreenHouse

Strain Name: Cheese – (Exodus Cheese x Afghani)
Breeder: Green House
Grade: A-
Type: Indica Dominate
Looks: Emerald colored buds covered in red-ish orange hair and trichomes.
Smell: Fruity Cherry, Mixed Berry.
Taste: Fruity skunk.
Effects: Strong! Immediate head high, kinda dazed feeling. Very relaxing mellow high after the initial dazed feeling wares off. Instant pain relief. Made me hungry while wearing off. Could cause anxiety attacks with beginners that try over doing.
Potency:b

Fruit Spirit from Royal Queen
Height of the plant: 50-60 cm
Effect: high (sweet taste)
THC content: 20%
Flowering time: 8 weeks
Yield: +/- 400/450 grams
Harvest month: October
Yield / Quantity Indoor: The crop of this strain is high.
General Impression Indoor: is all together a quite good strain.
Votings of our users: Fruit Spirit gets 7.00 of 10 possible Points in the average!
35210.JPG

Week 2 update
The seedlings are coming along nicely!
I transplant one, but the soil was kinda to wet to transplant so today i will be transplanting the rest. I did notice a little shock from the transplant. The other plants have out grown the plant i transplanted.
I haven t feed the plants yet maybe next week after the transplant.
Here s week 2 pics
03676.JPG
03397.JPG

Week 3
The girls have been transplanted into 10in pots and are starting to go into veg stage, they will be getting there first feeding tonight.
Also will be getting Uncle Bens Training to create more tops, also I should be using Super thrive with the training to reduce stress, but being from a small town its harder to find stuff like that.

007709.JPG
006741.JPG
005869.JPG

Hi mate,
Theyre coming along ok so far! Spexin to hear your C99 didnt make it, im currently LST ing a C99xPR, she's day 11 into flower and is 130cm tall and 4.5ft wide atm.. She s meant to have a 70 day flower period - DAMN!! I only have a 9ft ceiling so i cant have her much higher than 6.5ft for space wise. But i dont think she will quite make it that height maybe 5.5ft in total, as she has 12 primary branches and she s only in a 35 litre pot..
Youve got some nice strain choices there too buddy, ya should have some nice weed to toke on soon:):) How large are you intending to grwo these? Anyways take it ez, and hope all goes well! Smokemupm8;)

Week 6 update
Missed a few weeks, Had lots of work to do, Harvest time so i got little behind in my updates but Im back and the mommies are lookig nice. They got UBT last week, but I topped a little higher then he does, I go to the node that makes the side branches look even then I cut there, it ends up to be around the 4th to 5th node.
08516.JPG
07817.JPG

[Fruit Spirit from Royal Queen
08413.JPG

Church from GreenHouse
08319.JPG

/Blue Cheese from Barneys Farm
08217.JPG

Exodus Cheese From GreenHouse
08119.JPG

Super Diesel from seedmakers
08020.JPG

White Widow x Big bud
07913.JPG
B]

I just got a new 600 watt light set that runs both mh and hps, Im wondering why the 600 watt mh bulb is smaller then my 400 watt mh i got running now. I thought bigger wattage the bigger the bulb is that not true.

Week 8
I clone all 6 of the mother plants, after the cloning my plants got sick. I was counting the days till i got my BPN it came 5 days ago since then i add 1 600 watt mh and transplanted all 6 plants to 15L pots. Now they have made a great recovery dont have any pics of them when they were sick. They all had yellowing of the old fan leaves alot of clawing and brown dead spots I was getting scarred my Blue Cheese was the worst thought she might not make it.
The transplant and the BPN really did alot for there recovery, now I now why this stuff is the wonder juice.

015329.JPG
014367.JPG
013405.JPG
012421.JPG
011485.JPG
010565.JPG
017266.JPG
016301.JPG

Im going be doing some LST now to give the girls the bonsai look, I did UBT already
For any one not knowing what UBT (Uncle Ben Topping) You let your plant grow to about 7 to 8 nodes then you top your plant above the 4th node I did my at the 6th node to create more clones, from there you get 4 main branchs that you train from there how ever you feel fits your needs. When first read this I thought it was crazy but it really does bush out your plants nicely and gives you a better control over the canopy.
In my first journal I LST my plants when they were about 6 or 7 nodes high I didnt like how one side of the plant keep going out to one side and wasted alot of my grow space I feel doing UBT really lets you bush out your plant evenly

So I got a milwaukee 600 ph tester but it came with out the calibration shit now what do i do to calibrate this thing

I decided to change this journal a bit and flower my mother plants. I was gonna keep them and do a SOG with clone, but i changed my mind and decide to grow bigger plants. So I took clones of all 6 strains and I ll have them in veg until the mother plants are done flowering then ill clone the clones and so on.
Week one of flowering
Church
53210.JPG

Exodus Cheese
53110.JPG

Super Diesel
53010.JPG

Blue Cheese
52811.JPG

Fruit Spirit
52710.JPG

White Widow x Big Bud
53010.JPG

Heres my newly add tools for my grow room Im moving on up!
53410.JPG

Anyone looking for a good strain to do a srog i would suggest exodus cheese or blue cheese, I never even used a screen and my plants got tons of tops from LSTing and sopper cropping and FIMing

I went in my grow room last night at lights out and checked the temp wow was there a drop day time its 75-85 night it droped to 55-60 so i add a heat and set it to 72. good thing i caught this early in flowering

Back
Top Bottom