Haight Solid State LED Grow Journal

Looks good SF, I'm planning to give my UFO it's own little corner once again.
3 oz of good smoke per trip from those small leds is pretty sweet I think. I'm admittedly biased.
:goodjob:

90 watts ?? I thought you had 2 400s ??:surf:

One on top and one on the bottom...lol

This is the type of grow where LED's can work, do to your restrictive space. I find it amuzing that you have to heat your plants....still looking at the size of your buds I can't help but think of the money you could have saved with fluro's. Enough for another cabinet I'm sure. 3oz is still not bad for a little cabinet.:goodjob:

Hey SS, yes they have looked like yours all along and makes me think you will only end up with 2 or 3 oz. But I'm sure with a little practice and tweaks the light you have can yield at least 6oz.

The heating pad I use is only 10W, it is a lot more cost effective over heating the whole room using a HPS light for a space heater. In the summer months, I turn it off since over 90F is just too hot and I have problems keeping things cool since I don't have A/C.

I haven't tried a UFO Mmmmic but I don't think they work all that well. The HSS lights have the full spectrum and I think they work a lot better.

I've been thinking more about any symptom of "stalling" and I don't think I've noticed it really. I've had plants go into shock from the temperature, from the PH, and from superthrive.

I don't understand my issue with superthrive and the other B vitamin supplements,I have banned them for a long time since they have only caused me trouble. My transplants used to go into shock for 3 days, but that was cut to only one day when I didn't use superthrive. Using Bionicare Liquid Karma completely eliminated transplant shock for me. Also, during flowering, when I've tried to use superthrive, my plants always go into shock.

But overall, my plants look about the same as SS's, that's how it goes with these lights, but with some practice and fine tuning the yield can be good.

great update sfhaze, I just took my pot off the floor since, my Blueberry was stalling for like three weeks, I could not figure out why it was not growing, then I was reading about you using the heating pad, great tip, the cold from the floor was my trouble.

I'm sure with some LST, and other fine-tuning, I could get the yield up.

The reason I had to heat the garage instead of using just heat mats is that ambient temps in the winter here drop into the 30's-40's, so the 10-degree difference the heating pads would have made as far as soil temps just wasn't enough. I have several heating pads, but it just gets too cold here in the winter.

Didn't even think about it when setting the grow up, but it would have been better for a summer grow.

The plants, above-ground and root-zone, were never too cold during the grow as I kept the garage at 75-80 for the first few weeks and then bumped it up to 78-80 from then on.

The tents are isolated from the concrete slab with sheets of close-celled foam.

Cool Medobud - keep us posted. I had issues at about 72F with things really slowing down, it would be great to hear if a heating pad helps for you.

80F should be fine SS, it's just a whole lot more expensive to heat the whole room to 80F versus leaving it at 70F and adding a heating pad. It just takes a few runs to get things tweaked in, LST or a few more plants seems like it would help.

Got 26.4 off the Widow and most of it was the top 12". So, its not the space issue, if you are getting 3/4 oz. per plant. I'm going to try some clones in a General Hydroponics EcoGrower, and keep them shorter. Thanks again for your efforts. You, and this journal, are a great resource.:bong:

I haven't tried a UFO Mmmmic but I don't think they work all that well. The HSS lights have the full spectrum and I think they work a lot better.

I understand. To each his own.

img_01576.jpg

I'd love to see your EcoGrower/LED combo if you're up for a journal.

The best I can promise is to take pictures along the way. I'll try to get one up by the time they flower. I'm still 4 weeks from being able to start, as much as I would love to rip the box open and set up tonight. My fear of a journal is I know how much time it took me just to follow your comparison test. I can't even imagine how long it took to respond to everyonel.:bong:

Great journal SFHAZE. Thank you. I am looking into getting the Haight Solid State PPF-800 LED Grow light - 190W especially with the price online via affiliates at $420.00. Love the lack of heat factor as well as the reduced energy requirements, no fans built in, etc as well as the light weight and thin size. Know of any journals using this LED? Thanks again for the great journal!

Great journal SFHAZE. Thank you. I am looking into getting the Haight Solid State PPF-800 LED Grow light - 190W especially with the price online via affiliates at $420.00. Love the lack of heat factor as well as the reduced energy requirements, no fans built in, etc as well as the light weight and thin size. Know of any journals using this LED? Thanks again for the great journal!

Aren't you in luck it just finished...here its over 100 pages...LOL

Haight Solid State vs. H.G.LED

Hey gonfishin,
Setting Sun is just finishing up his grow with the PPF-800 and a HGL light. The HSS didn't do well. It looks like he will end up with a lot less with either the HSS or the HGL light then I get the PPF-400. It's pretty disappointing. I've been growing with LEDs for a long time, it most likely takes some practice to get reasonable yields.

Here is the link,

Wow...thanks for the links. Just went through most of it. Thanks for all the info....a fantastic resource.

Hey gonfishin,
Setting Sun is just finishing up his grow with the PPF-800 and a HGL light. The HSS didn't do well. It looks like he will end up with a lot less with either the HSS or the HGL light then I get the PPF-400. It's pretty disappointing. I've been growing with LEDs for a long time, it most likely takes some practice to get reasonable yields.

Here is the link,

Back
Top Bottom