Haight Solid State vs. H.G.LED

Re: 420 Consumer Reports Competition - Haight Solid State vs. Hydro Grow LED

I just finished up a batch of wheelo's infamous triple dipp canna butter. that shit is insane.

a general guideline is usually 1oz. bud to 1 lb. butter.
I used 3 1/2 - 4 oz of close trim. high quality sugar leaf. smokeable even.
filled the slow cooker with water.
put the 1lb butter in a large glass jar with 1 oz or so of trim. enough to fill to butter line.
dropped the jar in the water bath
left in slow cooker for an hour and a half on high (preheated)
strain butter with cheesecloth, reload with a fresh oz and repeat 3 times
8"x8" glass pan cut into 2"x2" squares. 16 total brownies per batch, using 1/2 cup or 1/4 pound per batch, makes 4 batches.

man let me tell you, takes 45 min-hour to feel anything. an hour and a half is full on giggly for 30 min. 2 hours in is full effect for 4 hours (6 hours in) then you have slightly lees intense but still good enough you don't even want to smoke for 3-4 more hours.

so here's a time table:
eat 1 at 1pm
start to feel it 2pm
find everything hilarious 2:30pm
realize your as high as you can get 3pm
realize your still high 4pm
realize your still high 5pm
realize your still high 6pm
realize holy shit, your still as high as you were at 3pm, 7pm
wonder when your not gonna be high anymore, 8pm
finally start to feel a bit more normal, and perhaps getting tired. 9pm
wonder should I smoke a bowl? nah i'm still kinda high 9:05pm
time for a quick nap 9:10
wake up and raid the fridge 9:50

say "holy shit, them triple dipp bitches sure do pack a punch" 10pm

i just whipped up a new batch of double dip with the rest of my trim. not the same, but will still get you there for a few hours.

I need some of that...all of my attempts at edible cannabis have been failures, both stuff I've made and stuff others have made. At most I feel a little body buzz for 15-20 minutes and that's it. I'm about to give up on that method even if it is one of the "healthiest". :(

I need some of that...all of my attempts at edible cannabis have been failures, both stuff I've made and stuff others have made. At most I feel a little body buzz for 15-20 minutes and that's it. I'm about to give up on that method even if it is one of the "healthiest". :(

yeah, i know. . . it's so hard to get numbers nailed down for this method because there are a lot of people out there all saying different things. Probably because weed strength can very so much and other factors too, but that's probably the biggest.

On the home page here, they have the water/butter mixture method which supposedly lets the water absorb some of the strong canna taste but none of the thc. I've used this method too, and it works fine, its just messier, so I go pseudo double boiler in a crock pot and a big spaghetti sauce jar. I don't mind the taste usually, and when i do, popping it in the microwave till its hot and eating it with a scoop of ice cream always makes it taste better.

so, you want knock your socks off edibles? 2 things:

1) use lots of weed!!!! Good Weed! I use trim (but it's good trim), so amount is no concern for me, so my goal is to get the perfect strength edible. not enough stuff is a total waste because you feel nothing, and trust me - too much is no fun either (google cop eats pot brownie, hilarious). . . but of course you could always eat a smaller piece.

They say 1 oz per lb of butter in that guide (of high quality bud). i dont' think thats enough. . . I say 1 oz primo per 1/2 lb (2 sticks). now if you had to buy it it would cost you $250-$300 which seems like a huge waste. . . but its not. it would be a waste to cook with less and not feel anything.

2)take your time and do it in batches.

I like to use a big jar because it's tall instead if wide. then you can fully submerge the weed in the butter. use less weed than butter so you can stir it once in a while. let it go a long time, like an hour or two, strain it with cheesecloth and do it again, same butter new weed till all the weed is used.

now $300 for brownies seems expensive if you were buying it, but its really not. you get 2 batches out of 1/2 lb of butter, thats 18-24 brownies total. you figure each one lasts about 6-7 hours (not including the one hour to kick in). thats like 150 hours of being stoned.

try squeezing 150 hours of stoned out of an ounce smoking it. lol, not gonna happen. more like 50 hours at most.

but you can't eat one an hour before bed like you could smoking it. so it has its downsides. and hard to dose sometimes. . . lol, once you eat it, you ate it. what comes next can't be stopped short, so you can't have shit to do later because it wont get done.

best thing about 1/2 lb at a time, is after the first batch, if it isn't quite strong enough yet, you can brew it once more with some fresh herb and kick it up a notch. that's why I do a lb at a time. after the first batch, I can usually adjust (if needed) so the next three brownie batches i bake are perfect strength.

I think everyone who grows should make at least one really strong batch of butter. . . spare no expense. it's worth it. Plus brownies keep in the freezer forever. great emergency high if you just kept a couple on ice for a dry spell.

You'll be glad you didn't give up on it once you get your game down ;).

I was double checking the greenhouse seed site for germanation info as all my arjan haze #1 as my seeds were ready to plant the site is amazing in an animated step by step how to tutorial then I started surfing the site check the king of weed one there are probably dozens of them I also found another site exclusifley led growsall manufacturers all size lights up too 700watt check the 600watt grow 540 grams dried product looked fucking awesome one thing I noticed most of the led lights seemed to be from pro source I tend to agree I am growing 57 varieties of hierloom tomatoes using my 90watt ufo and they are doing fantastic now Ive put them on my balcony so I can get my new ladies started because its getting late in the month they are getting 24-7 hrs light till they break through then it will be 18 hrs till they go out side holy shit you must check the greenhouse seed site out its killer the guy is a genious thats why they call him the king of mariauna I have to agree they even have an apartment you can rent above their location

I just finished up a batch of wheelo's infamous triple dipp canna butter. that shit is insane.

a general guideline is usually 1oz. bud to 1 lb. butter.
I used 3 1/2 - 4 oz of close trim. high quality sugar leaf. smokeable even.
filled the slow cooker with water.
put the 1lb butter in a large glass jar with 1 oz or so of trim. enough to fill to butter line.
dropped the jar in the water bath
left in slow cooker for an hour and a half on high (preheated)
strain butter with cheesecloth, reload with a fresh oz and repeat 3 times
8"x8" glass pan cut into 2"x2" squares. 16 total brownies per batch, using 1/2 cup or 1/4 pound per batch, makes 4 batches.

man let me tell you, takes 45 min-hour to feel anything. an hour and a half is full on giggly for 30 min. 2 hours in is full effect for 4 hours (6 hours in) then you have slightly lees intense but still good enough you don't even want to smoke for 3-4 more hours.

so here's a time table:
eat 1 at 1pm
start to feel it 2pm
find everything hilarious 2:30pm
realize your as high as you can get 3pm
realize your still high 4pm
realize your still high 5pm
realize your still high 6pm
realize holy shit, your still as high as you were at 3pm, 7pm
wonder when your not gonna be high anymore, 8pm
finally start to feel a bit more normal, and perhaps getting tired. 9pm
wonder should I smoke a bowl? nah i'm still kinda high 9:05pm
time for a quick nap 9:10
wake up and raid the fridge 9:50

say "holy shit, them triple dipp bitches sure do pack a punch" 10pm

i just whipped up a new batch of double dip with the rest of my trim. not the same, but will still get you there for a few hours.

Haha got a good laugh outa this wheelo, makes me want some tripple dippers. :thumb:

Haha got a good laugh outa this wheelo, makes me want some tripple dippers. :thumb:

lol, me too. . . I gotta strengthen up my double brew with a third, and make another batch of edibles here soon. ;)

I am confused. You use a double boiler and a crock pot all at once? That is a lot of pots and pans. I guess there is no easy way to do this stuff. Help a sister out and explain the cooking part with the pots.

In wheelo's method, the butter and herb is kept separate from the water.

The jar with the butter and herb is placed in a crock pot water bath.

You could do the same with a double-boiler and water in the bottom pan, herb and butter in the top. Just need to make sure the water doesn't all boil off, or things will get real smoky, but you need to do that also with the more traditional method of having everything in one pan.

Hope this helps sis, and I'm sure wheelo will correct me if I misunderstood his description.

Speaking of which, I made a batch of cannabutter recently after making some bubble hash by just putting the "depleted" ice and trim in a pan.

Both the bubble hash and the cannabutter turned out potent as hell, so the trim after the bubble hash process still has a lot of fat-soluble THC that can be extracted after the trichs have been separated.

Very efficient way to do things, and after making bubble hash for the first time in my life, I found it easier and faster than making gumby hash.

You don't yield the same amount as with gumby, but then you don't need to smoke very much of the bubble.

Yes this helps but do you need a crock pot and if so why. Can I use a regular pot since I don't have a crock pot? Can I use a pot and put a jar with the stuff in the pot? I don't want the expense of buying a crock pot that I will never use. I am not a crock pot cooker. I am surprised that so many people have them lol. I guess it is an easy way to cook. I just never used that method to make food.

You could do the same thing with a regular pot on the stove and low heat, just make sure to add water as needed so that it doesn't all evaporate off.

People "cook" their cannabutter for all sort of different lengths of time, from 30 min to 24 hours or longer. Just gotta work out your own thang.

thank you...I was reading peace mans way too interesting. I have to decide which to try.

This was such a great journal, thank you so very much for your valuable time and energy on this brother!

So very much looking forward to your current journals. :)

Sending you lots of love and positive energy through the Universe.

(values in table)

hgl_vs_hss_v5.gif

Wow that is an awesome report! Way to go SS!! The best final report I think I've ever read.
:passitleft:

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports Competition - Haight Solid State vs. H.G.LED by Setting Su

thanks!, but credit goes to Soniq420, who compiled all the data and posted that excellent final report.

He helped me out a lot on this grow behind the scenes, which he very rarely gets any credit for, so I'm glad that you recognized his excellent work and contributions.

Soniq is very good at compiling, analyzing and reporting statistical data, which isn't my forte, so he brought some of his skills to the table.

Not quite sure what my forte is, lol, but it's really cool to have friends help out with things I'm not all that good at.

:thanks: phil!

and

:thanks: Soniq!

Back
Top Bottom