Hairs turning red too early, why?

giezzi92

hello, I have an issue with my flowering plant, I grow outdoors it started flowering around the 1st of September so I'm guessing I have around two weeks left almost all of the hairs turned red and it's too early for that why is that? it's been like this for around 2 weeks. (i've had a bit of nutrient burn and also pests, but i got rid of both) any ideas? never had this happen to me also, i feel like the buds are a bit too small this late into flower...
photo_2020-10-18_16-50-48.jpg
photo_2020-10-18_16-50-51.jpg
photo_2020-10-18_16-50-53.jpg

Could just simply be a shorter flowering time then expected..? :hmmmm:

shoot, idk, I’ve had plants finish two-three weeks earlier then expected as time frame recommended by breeder. Even though the pistils are changing colour may not mean she’s ready for chop. Best way to tell is by looking at the trichs.

Could just simply be a shorter flowering time then expected..? :hmmmm:

shoot, idk, I’ve had plants finish two-three weeks earlier then expected as time frame recommended by breeder. Even though the pistils are changing colour may not mean she’s ready for chop. Best way to tell is by looking at the trichs.
no, buds are too small like i said

Agree with bcarpenter & backlipslide on this one.... that’s simply not true... plants can easily have a delayed reaction. What you do today may not show up for several days.... and yes some chemical sprays can cause damage to the pistils, bud or trichs.

small buds could be indicative of a problem, poor genetics, weak phenotype, trying to flower a big plant in a 1 gallon pot, weak nutes, inexperienced grower.... etc, etc.

the pistils changed color for a reason - either 1) the plant is maturing and nearing harvest or 2) the pistils receded and changed colors because of the sprays...or 3) a combination of 1 & 2

Agree with carpenter & backlipslide on this one.... that’s simply not true... plants can easily have a delayed reaction. What you do today may not show up for several days.... and yes some chemical sprays can cause damage to the pistils, bud or trichs.

small buds could be indicative of a problem, poor genetics, weak phenotype, trying to flower a big plant in a 1 gallon pot, weak nutes, inexperienced grower.... etc, etc.

the pistils changed color for a reason - either 1) the plant is maturing and nearing harvest or 2) the pistils receded and changed colors because of the sprays...or 3) a combination of 1 & 2
like i said the buds became dark before i sprayed them. 1 or 2 weeks ish.

im guessing the only thing i can do is buy a x40 magnifying glass and check for tricomes?

3 days ago..? Shoot that would put it right in line with it being in the right time frame window... :hmmmm:

Are you comparing this to a different grow?

what are you feeding it for nutrients?
what do you mean with your first statement?

yes comparing to my other grows, i'm feeding my plant well it's not deficent in anything so far

ok outdoors cool... is this planted in regular soil? Was the soil amended? if so with what? Are they in ground or in containers? How big is the container? What size holes did you dig? Did you add aeration etc etc, there are so many variables.

then there is genetics & phenotypes even if same strain as last year it could be weaker pheno where buds simply don’t get as big. often it’s a combination of issues that add up to multiple limiting factors.

I was recently working with grower from UK and after a long while I finally pryed the info out that he was using 8 liter pots. His plant had been in a 2 gallon bucket of the same soil for 15 weeks and couldn’t understand why they were not growing big buds ....... umm Houston - we have a problem!

anyway you‘ve got great help with bcarpenter & backlipslide - both are very experienced growers!

ok outdoors cool... is this planted in regular soil? Was the soil amended? if so with what? Are they in ground or in containers? How big is the container? What size holes did you dig? Did you add aeration etc etc, there are so many variables.

then there is genetics & phenotypes even if same strain as last year it could be weaker pheno where buds simply don’t get as big. often it’s a combination of issues that add up to multiple limiting factors.

I was recently working with grower from UK and after a long while I finally pryed the info out that he was usiniter pots. His plant had been in a 2 gallon bucket of the same soil for 15 weeks and couldn’t understand why they were not growing big buds ....... umm Houston - we have a problem!

anyway you‘ve got great help with bcarpenter & backlipslide - both are very experienced growers!
yes i'm in soil.

its in a pot (18l)

genetics are good. it's mot a clone

i'm convinced the issue is something to do with the nutrient burn i had, and, the pests i had

yes i'm in soil.

its in a pot (18l)

genetics are good. it's mot a clone

i'm convinced the issue is something to do with the nutrient burn i had, and, the pests i had
Do you have any pics of when the plant had nute burn? How severe are we talking here
Im still thinking the spray though to be honest.
A few clearer images could go a long way aswell

Back
Top Bottom