Harlequin X Gelato, Afghani Aerogarden Start

Mike Wright

420 Support
420 Staff
As my AfghanXGelato are flowering its time to start the next batch. One feminized Jack Herer, two HarlequinXGelato and two HarlequinXAfghani. For something different, I'm going to veg these in the Aerogarden for as long as I can (i.e until they outgrow it). First pic is a week after dropping the seeds, second pic a week after that. I just added Advanced Nutrients grow/micro/bloom yesterday. Hoping that this will speed up the veg process. Next time I will germinate them in peat pods as usual and then transplant them to the AG as I found germinating them in the AG to be a bit tricky.

AGMay8.jpg

AGMay15.JPG

Nice start to your grow journal @Pantagruel

Mind if I tag along and enjoy the view?

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thanks for dropping in Tok! Should be fun to watch these in the Aerogarden. It has a 40 w LED and the light goes up to two feet. I'll pot them in soil as they out grow it. I responded to you a couple of days ago but I guess I forgot to hit the post button!

Not quit 4 weeks old. The Aerogarden is getting crowded, so I topped the 3 biggest plants and transplanted the largest one into soil. Attempted close-up - it looks like I managed to FIM the transplanted Harlequin-Gelato. If the branches even out I could get eight tops!

Transplant.jpg

Three plants in soil now. I left the biggest one in the Aerogarden. Hopefully it is a female! I've been doing some folding and tucking to try and get the bud sites all at the same level, so they will grow more evenly. One month old.

DSC_0361.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

Leveling the canopy on one of the potted plants, as well as the Aerogarden plant, which has 9 tops. It had 11, but I got careless and broke the top pair of branches. Duh.

DSC_0235.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

All transplanted out of the Aerogarden now. It definitely works great for vegging and I'll use it again.

Of these five plants, only the Jack Herer (front left) is feminized. When I pull the first two plants out of my flowering tent in a few days I'll fit all these in there, then up-pot the females when I'm sure which is which.

DSC_0171.JPG

I believe you are right that aerogarden worked out very well, I may need to look into that. Thanks.
The garden is coming along nicely, and before you know it you will have a forest.

What I liked was, at the start, I was pulling and potting the biggest plants first to make room. The one I left in the longest (which was originally the smallest) ended up being bigger than all the rest (middle pot). Also, there was one runt that had problems right from the start - basically three weeks behind the others - but I was able to get it as big as the rest (back right) although it's not topped and the rest are.

The trick with the Aerogarden is you can only go so big before it becomes a problem getting the roots out. You need that healthy root mass intact so the transplant into soil works well.

After today's harvest there is room in the flower tent, so I moved the 4 regular plants in. As soon as I know who's who I'll up-pot the females. The fem Jack Herer continues under the Optic 2 in the pantry.
DSC_0173.JPG

DSC_0176.JPG

Flipped to 12/12 on July 1. The tiny Afghani at back right from the last grow has a week left. In front of her is a Jack Herer, two HarlequinXGelato at the back, and a HarlequinXAfghani, front left.

DSC_0185.JPG

The taller plant (back middle) Jack Herer is 2 weeks, the rest are 3 weeks. I expect the Harlequin crosses to be ready at 9 weeks. I also did some more defol after the pic was taken, and pollinated a lower bud on all 4 plants with Afghani pollen I stored from two grows back. It was kinda clumped, hopefully I will get a few seeds.

DSC_0207.JPG

Half-way point, another month to go for the three Harlequin crosses. Jack Herer (middle-back) probably has 5 weeks to go. I'm super happy with the Harelquin x Gelato (front left, back right), they are producing some really chunky buds. I think I will call this strain Harlot, since no one seems to have used that yet.

DSC_0228.JPG

Back
Top Bottom