Hwnchili's Aurora Indica - Hydro Scrog

hwnchili

420 Member
I'd like to share my current grow. I'm always learning from the 420mag community, so maybe this can be of some help to a grower in the future. The objective of this grow was to see how I could reduce cost & maintenance required for a hyrdoponic bucket setup. I chose to use Aerogarden's (AG) liquid plant food to test the effectiveness of their "pH buffers".

Strain: Aurora Indica (Nirvana)
Leafly: 90% indica cross between Afghan and Northern Lights
Bloom WK 9 (flushing)
400w HPS air cooled reflector
Nutrients: Aerogarden's liquid plant food (4-3-6)
Hydroguard (2ml/gal)
3.5 gal bucket & hydroton
Tap water ~300ppm

I purposefully under fed throughout Veg and up to Week 6 of Bloom (AG @ 12ml/gal). At this point, nitrogen deficiency forced me to gave her more over the course of a few weeks (AG @ 30ml/gal). I topped off with tap water (sits out at least 24 hours) and did not adjust for pH (until the flush). I use a 3.5 gal bucket which is topped off daily. There were no nutrient problems/burns (beside the N deficiency) so I guess the "pH buffers" did a decent job there.

I don't have pictures of her younger days, but here she is at Bloom WK 2 after the first round of tucking (pardon the filter)
WK_2_Bloom.jpeg

Forgot to mention that I started using hydroplex at week 2. Started with 2 ml/gal and worked up to 6 ml/gal over a few weeks.

Here is a picture of her at WK 5 Bloom. You can see the yellowing of the leaves. I've already started increasing AG from ~12 ml/gal up 30 ml/gal over the next few weeks. There were no signs of nutrient burn. I purposefully left some of the under foliage on as I struggled to get my nitrogen in order.
WK_5.jpeg

I am a big fan of hydroguard and the idea of using microbes. It saved my butt in the past and is now a staple for me. Here she is at week 7. The next day a friend gave me a sample bottle of Mammoth P. I called their support hotline to get a few questions answered and started the first dose the following day.
(pardon the filter again)
WK_7.jpeg

The following pictures are of the plant at:
(per gal)
30 ml AG
6 ml Hydroplex
2 ml Hydroguard
0.6 ml Mammoth P.

Week 8 + 3 days
WK_9.jpeg

WK_8_5_2_.jpeg

Week 8 trichomes
Aurora_Indica_2_-_Week_9_1_.jpg

Week 10 trichomes (today). This is about the point that I harvested my first round of Aurora Indica. I selected this strain for night time use and am very pleased with the results. A part of me would like to wait just a little longer to see how she changes with a little more amber. Thoughts?

Flush (Tap water, Hydroguard, and Mammoth P.) started at week 9. Notice how many leaves I lost until I got it under control. I like the idea of harvesting on Valentine's day :circle-of-love:
Aurora_Indica_2_-_Week_10_2_.jpg

Week 10
WK_10.jpeg

Week 10
WK_10_2_.jpeg

Harvested at 72 days. There was more amber than my first round but I didn't get good pictures. Next round I'll push it a little longer and compare notes.

Overall, I was very satisfied with this grow. I wanted to practice doing less and work on reading the plant. I started low and gradually increase my nutrients. I did not monitor pH throughout the grow (until the flush) and depended on AG's "pH buffers" to do most of the work. I'm not sure how effective Mammoth P was on this grow since I started so late, but so far I like the product and plan to continue using it.

Where my results optimal? Of course not, but the method was simple enough that a new patients can get started with limited background knowledge and investment. I know I felt a little intimidated as a new grower.

Thank you for stopping by :thanks:

Harvest at 72 days
Aurora_Indica_2_-_Week_10_2.jpg

Drying rack.
Drying_rack.jpeg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

That bucket is 12 inches tall... I would guess the screen is about 14". a pretty old thread.. This guy only posted 4 times... Thought it might be of interest to the op of the other aurora thread... Also, I really like the way this strain grows and finishes in scrog.... never seems to take a bad picture...

Back
Top Bottom