Harvest per plant?

KSum

I have a patient I'm growing for that is getting frustrated that I can't produce the 4 ounces a month that he wants. He claims he's spoken to a few people that say if I'm not getting 2-3 pounds per plant (INDOOR) that I'm doing something wrong. Are these guys blowing smoke up his.... or is 2-3 pounds indoors even possible?

I have had my fair share of patients and every one of them complains about amounts. 2-3lbs per plant is huge. He can't expect his caregiver to be the best grower in the state. I understand how patients don't understand though. I mean most of the ones that I've had have never grown so much as a house plant, but they need to be realistic about their expectations. Even if you were getting 2lb per plant. You would probably need a two month veg time to get that out of it, which means it would take you somewhere between 4 and 5 months to produce that. That would be half of your yield (for that plant) at 4 ounces a month. I think what you're giving him is a pretty fair number assuming he has a plant count between 6 and 12.

hello ksum!
this is a great topic! to start 2-3 pounds per plant is possible depending on the veg time and time you put in training. 4 ounces seems like a good goal but there is not other info! I have always tried to achieve a goal of .5 gram of flower per watt per month or over. I feel anything less then that is just a waste! 2-3 pounds per plant is possible just increase you veg time. either try more plants that are smaller or less plants thats are taller

I have a patient I'm growing for that is getting frustrated that I can't produce the 4 ounces a month that he wants. He claims he's spoken to a few people that say if I'm not getting 2-3 pounds per plant (INDOOR) that I'm doing something wrong. Are these guys blowing smoke up his.... or is 2-3 pounds indoors even possible?

Is your client even allowed 4 ounces a month? That's like 4 x 700ml candy jars like this:
harvesthakata.png

This is enough to last me 4 months

This is enough to last me 4 months

Haha I'd say the same thing - an ounce a month is plenty for me. Some people go through some weed though. 4 grams a day... that's the life.
ps. What a fantastic picture belle!

To be honest I think he's selling most of it. I would find it almost impossible to function if I were that stoned all the time. Considering around here the normal market value is $150-180 an ounce and I'm giving it to him for $50 an ounce... Since he's a whining like a little ..... I think that's whats going on. He wrecked his car a few months ago and lost his job delivering pizza and now I think this is his idea of earning a living.

Anyway, he says there are a couple of people that can get 4-5 pounds per plant indoors. I told him I'd love to meet them. He got really quiet and backed down.

The space I have is 16' x 16'. I'm growing for 3 patients, 6 plants each = 18.

I'm cutting back on that and planting 6 plants at a time and training them out to be big wide bushes. 3-4 months in Veg, then over to bloom. That should give me about a pound each. Either way I'm raising the price. I can't afford to keep covering the extra $200 in electricity it takes to run this. Thankfully the other 2 patients use only about an eighth a month. :)

To be honest I think he's selling most of it. I would find it almost impossible to function if I were that stoned all the time. Considering around here the normal market value is $150-180 an ounce and I'm giving it to him for $50 an ounce... Since he's a whining like a little ..... I think that's whats going on. He wrecked his car a few months ago and lost his job delivering pizza and now I think this is his idea of earning a living.

Anyway, he says there are a couple of people that can get 4-5 pounds per plant indoors. I told him I'd love to meet them. He got really quiet and backed down.

The space I have is 16' x 16'. I'm growing for 3 patients, 6 plants each = 18.

I'm cutting back on that and planting 6 plants at a time and training them out to be big wide bushes. 3-4 months in Veg, then over to bloom. That should give me about a pound each. Either way I'm raising the price. I can't afford to keep covering the extra $200 in electricity it takes to run this. Thankfully the other 2 patients use only about an eighth a month. :)

Are you doing clones? You can get more out of a clone that has been pruned down several times in vegetation mode over the period of a couple of months. That way you build a thicker trunk mass and tight branching. Indica strains and indica/sativa blend strains take to this kind of trunk fattening, bush branching technique very well.

I've only just started experimenting with clones, and I'm having really good success with them. Right now I'm running a batch of Autoflowers. I wanted to see how they did, and I've not really been that excited with them. I did manage to snip them early enough that they branched out before stretching and budding.

With this new batch of photoperiod ones I'll try cloning. I'm following some of the techniques posted by LA, like Fluxing and Backbuilding. I did Fluxing on one plant and it turned out well enough but I didn't leave it in Veg long enough so it wasn't as heavy as it could have been. I did Backbuilding on several of the last round plants and it seemed to work quite well. Very big dense buds.

I'll have to start updating my journal again to keep track of this new batch.

4 to 5lbs per plant? I call BS. There is a guy online named HygrowHybrid who I learned all my DWC and SCROG tricks from, you can easily pull 1+ pounds on a Deep water SCROG with a 600w bulb. Build a net and read up on LST and supercropping, 4oz a month isn't a lot, IMHO. But 4-5lbs is ridiculous.

Yeah, I told him if he's got people telling him they're getting 4-5 pounds per plant, they're to high to count. Either way I'm telling him like it is and if he wants to go get his stuff from them, more power to him. Realistically if I can get 1-2 pounds per plant then I only need to grow 6 at a time, which means I can drop him and not worry if I lose the other patient. (which I will in January) Then I'll be growing either medicinal or recreational for just myself, whichever side they're going to allow to grow more. Medicinal is currently six, recreational is currently 4. They're talking about cutting medicinal down to 2.

Anyway, vegging for 3-4 months was the key I was missing I think. I need to grow it out into a much larger bush before flowering. Thanks guys. I love the community here and all the help.

So what I'm looking at now is fluxing the 6 new plants while they're in veg for 3 months. Clipping a clone from each plant and budding it to sex them, then bud the moms for 3 months. Then dry and cure for a month. Not exactly a speedy process, but if I can bud 2 every 3 months then that should be just about right.

Since I have a limited supply of the Purple Danish seeds I'm going to hold one male and pollinate a female to replenish supply. This is a strain that I can't obtain anywhere. It was custom bred, very stable, and the guy I got them from sold me his last batch. When it's done right, it smells just like a grape cheese danish, and smokes really smooth. I can't wait to taste it again.

Damn, 3-4 months?! I guess soil scrog takes a while. I've also grown predominantly sativa strains so I've got the lanky reach to work with, I can see a shorter Kush sized plant taking that long to get to trellis. I'll be stating my journal here soon and hoping to get some share-worthy pics ;)

I'm not doing SCROG though. Just individual plants. Fluxing them so they're spread out where each node along the branch becomes a top. The pictures I've seen of this produce very large bushes that are (or can be) pretty short, which I prefer so the heavy tops don't fall over and break. The first 2 months you spend training the plant to spread out. The rest of veg is for it to fully recover from the stress before going into flower. (and as I've recently learned, to get it to the maturity where it will produce 1-2 pounds)

Check this out. Light Addict's quick guide to fluxing featuring the original flux.

Back
Top Bottom