Harvest timing question

Big Nugs

420 Member
Hi guys,

First time grower here and also first post on this site. Really awesome resource man I've done a lot of reading. So much in fact that I'm suffering from over research:thedoubletake::hmmmm:. So we are nearing the end of our first project and, although wrought with pH, nute, temp, humidity, light problems, it looks like we will have something to show for our efforts. What id like to know is, how significant is the difference between a plant that's harvested when it's in early stages of ripening(say cloudy to 10% amber, I think we are nearing that now), to one that's allowed to go beyond that a couple weeks or so. The reason I ask is, I personally really enjoy a more functional cerebral effect, but my buddy, who is generally underwhelmed by what I know to be excellent flower, i think would prefer a more sedative effect. I'm trying to convince him to do a staggered harvest and take notes but, like me, he's over researched and has it in his head that the THC content of the strain is the be all end all, and harvest timing, within reason, has little to do with the final effects. I know this is probably too generalizing, but if you could humor a noob farmer's inquiries, id really appreciate it. Thanks

I'd do the split harvest to shut him up...lol
Harvest timing has a lot to do with the high, THC, for sure
I'd at least wait till mostly or all cloudy till u harvest, and maybe leave some to get some nice Amber

He will be surprised at the difference the times make

Back
Top Bottom