Harvest

1598569226986.png

but where are my manners.. :welcome: to :420: :passitleft:

There are many, many variables.

Where I am, sometimes, when getting close to harvest (October) we get a wet rain ... then the sun comes out the next day and warms everything up.
THAT can be a problem.
If the cola is fat, and if it gets wet, and then if the sun comes out and makes it warm ... you can get a raging infection of bud rot.
This perfect alignment of weather events has prompted me to harvest a week or two earlier than I would have preferred.

Get a jewelers loop, or a pocket microscope and look at your buds. See the mushroom shaped structures? Those are tricomes. That's the candy we like.

Look up (here or google) pictures of tricomes. Look at immature ones, look at ripe ones. Get used to them; learn how to tell when a plant is ready.
It's important.
Harvesting early is ok. You give up some weight; but sometimes I do it on purpose because it makes for a different kind of smoke. A different feeling.

But, keep in mind IF you get a rain then warm weather. Danger.

My first outdoor running now. I'm betting its going to be mother nature being the decider. Prolly chop day will be the first snow day. Plant day was the day after the last snow day May 10th here. Thats if the rainy season doesn't mold up everything first.

Back
Top Bottom