Have I already messed up my first indoor grow?

Any better? Hope so :green_heart:

IMG_20211207_151630_983.jpg

I'm pretty happy with how they are looking, except the clawing still present in the bigger shades. Thanks for the help, comments, props and positivity, and taking an interest! Much:green_heart:and respect, and apologies for not doing a proper journal, but I'll keep posting and asking stuff here. You guys are rad!

Please be better lmao:p

IMG_20211207_154721.jpg

IMG_20211207_154841.jpg
Good morning @nedesnik natural pics look great. :thumb:
See the lady back right corner, looks like she is praying.
That's what your aiming for.
That's a happy lady.
Are you treating all the same, have you done anything different to her.
That's your sweet spot. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

@Krissi1982 ,@backyardagain ...When you say out of the lights, do you mean from outside of the tent? Or do you mean turn the ballast off so it's just the room light?
What they are suggesting is that you should turn the grow lights off. Those lights are creating a yellow color to everything which is not as noticeable when you look at the plants in tent. What happens is that the camera does see the yellow light and makes the photograph look yellow.

Yes, turn the lights in the tent off. However it sounds like the only other light you have in the room is the one in the ceiling. This might not be enough for the camera to focus which adds a new problem but one thing at a time. Bring a table lamp into the room and put it by the tent door and turn it on. Turn off the tent lights and there could be enough white light to let you take a photo with more natural colors.

Or take the plant with the most problems out of the tent and put it in a room with a lot of white light like in the kitchen. Or put it somewhere so it is in the sunlight like by a large window.

My tablet doesn't seem to have one, or I can't find it at least:laughtwo:
When you have the tablet ready to take pictures you should check all the little icons that should be somewhere on the screen. The universal icon for the flash function is a lightning bolt. On my phone I can tap the lightning bolt and get three settings. If it is the bolt and a letter A then it means automatic control and the camera software will automatically flash if there is not enough light. Just a lightning bolt and the camera will always flash. It the lightning bolt has a circle around it and a line through it then the flash is always off. I can change the setting just by tapping that little icon. Your phone camera and tablet will probably have different icons with the lightning bolt but the basics are the same just about everywhere.

When the world went to digital cameras it certainly did not make it any easier for us to take photos.;) We have to learn a whole new technology.

Are you treating all the same, have you done anything different to her.
That's your sweet spot. :Namaste:
Thanks Bill, the only thing I can think that is different, is the amount of wicking substrate at the bottom of the pot, being more than the rest, it was the first of the seeds to sprout, so it's a little older, possibly why it's handling the nitrogen better...? 2 of the auto pots are an inch or so lower, other than that and their positioning, that is all in can think that is different. I think I need to switch them around and see if that brings about change

What they are suggesting is that you should turn the grow lights off. Those lights are creating a yellow color to everything which is not as noticeable when you look at the plants in tent. What happens is that the camera does see the yellow light and makes the photograph look yellow.

Yes, turn the lights in the tent off. However it sounds like the only other light you have in the room is the one in the ceiling. This might not be enough for the camera to focus which adds a new problem but one thing at a time. Bring a table lamp into the room and put it by the tent door and turn it on. Turn off the tent lights and there could be enough white light to let you take a photo with more natural colors.

Or take the plant with the most problems out of the tent and put it in a room with a lot of white light like in the kitchen. Or put it somewhere so it is in the sunlight like by a large window.

When you have the tablet ready to take pictures you should check all the little icons that should be somewhere on the screen. The universal icon for the flash function is a lightning bolt. On my phone I can tap the lightning bolt and get three settings. If it is the bolt and a letter A then it means automatic control and the camera software will automatically flash if there is not enough light. Just a lightning bolt and the camera will always flash. It the lightning bolt has a circle around it and a line through it then the flash is always off. I can change the setting just by tapping that little icon. Your phone camera and tablet will probably have different icons with the lightning bolt but the basics are the same just about everywhere.

When the world went to digital cameras it certainly did not make it any easier for us to take photos.;) We have to learn a whole new technology.
Thanks mate, I've been a little reluctant to mess with anything or do anything I was unsure about, such as turning off the lamp.... Of which I'd actually like to clean the globe anyway, so thanks for giving me the confidence to do that, and I'll post some white light pics:green_heart::Namaste:

So apart from cleaning the globe, there was an oversight on my behalf. It wouldn't be a problem outside, but in a tent, a swarm of midges ( small flying insect ) isn't ideal, so the whole tent it's being cleaned, was well the auto pot wells, thusly a pic of the ladies outside the tent in normal light☺️

IMG_20211212_130436_123.jpg

but in a tent, a swarm of midges ( small flying insect ) isn't ideal, so the whole tent it's being cleaned,
Excellent. The natural colors show up and make it easier for the group to see what you are seeing. I have come to the conclusion that insects and especially insect damage are easier to see in normal or white light. It seems that many people miss seeing the damage done by Mites until they put their plants under white lighting.

If your Midges are what I am thinking that you are referring to (any small flying insect) then it might not hurt to treat the soil in the same way as if you had some Fungus Gnats living there. I have had Fungus Gnats that I thought were just a few Fruit Flies for a long time. Fungus Gnats do like to live in the soil in the pots and they will eat the small young roots on the plants.

Excellent. The natural colors show up and make it easier for the group to see what you are seeing. I have come to the conclusion that insects and especially insect damage are easier to see in normal or white light. It seems that many people miss seeing the damage done by Mites until they put their plants under white lighting.

If your Midges are what I am thinking that you are referring to (any small flying insect) then it might not hurt to treat the soil in the same way as if you had some Fungus Gnats living there. I have had Fungus Gnats that I thought were just a few Fruit Flies for a long time. Fungus Gnats do like to live in the soil in the pots and they will eat the small young roots on the plants.
They are very similar to gnats, they were in amongst the plants, but they came from and were living in the coconut fibre protecting soil evaporation, then thrived in the wells of the auto pots, where the water had been resting too long before the seedlings went in, and went stagnant, then I added the liquid nutrient, and that with the stagnant water made them go crazy! Outside I've only ever had to deal with Spider mites once, I've always seemed to attract praying mantis, which seem to want to live under the canopy.Thankfully I don't think they were harming the girls, as they mainly rely on mammal blood, much like mosquitoes, they were breeding rapidly, but dying as quickly, but I didn't want to take the chance.

I've taken the coconut mats off and will replace with neoprene for the meantime, mainly for humidity from top soil evaporation. Also I'm going to use an organic nutrient given to me to try, just because my girls were roughly treated yesterday, so I'd like to treat them, so I'm trying this stuff.... Will let you know how it goes:cool::Namaste:

IMG_20211213_122945_908~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom