Having a little issue 2 months in

Edna

Hello folks. Ive been doing great these last two months, although one girl of mine is giving me some issues. Soil is ffof with dolomite lime added. Ive been feeding them all the same advanced nutes micro, grow and bloom with cal mag and b-52. Nothing crazy around 400ppm and always ph 6.3. Only started feeding them after i noticed them getting hungry around day 28-30. I have 2 solar system 550s running and i know they love the cal mag with these lights. Ill post a picture of her for you guys to see. Its starting on all the new growth as well and im starting to get worried.

Attachments

• 20191230_173828.jpg
    20191230_173828.jpg
    904.8 KB · Views: 131
They look underfed to me. What is the ph and PPM of your runoff? I hold off on the bloom fertilizer until the first weeks of flower. I only did Cal/mag a couple of times over the whole plant cycle on my last two grows. A picture is my plant before more fertilizer was added.

The light is off good sir. Its on 99 white blue and red off totally.

Just for the pics my friend

The led is showing on the leaves, so not a true representation of the issues

I believe that your problem is pH related and due to you adding the additional dolomite to the already well buffered FFOF soil. FFOF already has a quick upward drift rate, but by adding more dolomite, you put that drift on steroids and now you are having troubles picking up the nutrients most mobile down at the low end where you are pH adjusting to, because as soon as your fluids hit all that dolomite the pH rapidly starts to climb. I will suggest that because of your amendment to this fine soil, you now need to pH adjust even lower, to compensate for the additional drift you have caused... maybe try 5.8 a couple of times to see if this clears up the problem. Chalk this up as a lesson in amending an already well designed soil.. it's not working quite the way you planned.

The light is off good sir. Its on 99 white blue and red off totally.
I believe that @Chris Scorpio is talking about all the purple showing up in the photo. If you can turn off the LED light and just use a regular room light and maybe the flash on the camera the purple would not be there and we could see the natural colors of the leaf and the natural color of anything that is going wrong.

For the most part the leaves look OK with just some minor spots. Those could be signs of the start of a nutrient deficiency or signs of something else. Sometimes two different problems can have the same sort of marks and the only difference is the color on the injured part of the leaf.

I believe that your problem is pH related and due to you adding the additional dolomite to the already well buffered FFOF soil. FFOF already has a quick upward drift rate, but by adding more dolomite, you put that drift on steroids and now you are having troubles picking up the nutrients most mobile down at the low end where you are pH adjusting to, because as soon as your fluids hit all that dolomite the pH rapidly starts to climb. I will suggest that because of your amendment to this fine soil, you now need to pH adjust even lower, to compensate for the additional drift you have caused... maybe try 5.8 a couple of times to see if this clears up the problem. Chalk this up as a lesson in amending an already well designed soil.. it's not working quite the way you planned.
Thank you em for you're excellent advice. I had planned on leaving these girls in veg for around three to four months. That's why I thought I'd go and add the extra dolomite lime. To try and make sure my soil can carry the same ph throughout the entire grow. I ended up adding it and mixing it with all four 5 gallon pots. All plants have been getting the same treatment and it's only the one girl showing these issues. I mean if one can't handle it shouldn't they all show a little of the same issues ? Same feed, water, feed schedule, same light, same strain, same everything. I agree with you and understand where you're coming from in the means of changing a already amazing soul structure. Failure on Edna's part :( thanks again Em.

These are a few pictures of them Em. They are a month and 28 days from seed. Topped between 3-4th and also a little lst.

Attachments

• 20200102_201324.jpg
    20200102_201324.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
  • 20200102_201355.jpg
    20200102_201355.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • 20200102_201412.jpg
    20200102_201412.jpg
    895.2 KB · Views: 113
oftentimes the differences between plants in the same room can be baffling... it can be a difference in breeze, in lighting, in the way the soil was packed into the container... there are so many variables, but invariably in my tents there is always a quick one and a slow one and I never have put my finger on why that happens.
I would guess that yours that is starting to show the problems is the precocious one, so it is the one most early showing the most needs. I still think it is related to that dolomite though.

Good evening @Emilya ! I have a strange question.. and I really hope you have a explanation. I flipped these girls on the 15th and started seeing pre flowers around the 20th. 3 of my girls are doing absolutely great. Although that one girl I had problems with is acting strange. Her pre flowers are turning purple (suppose to be White pistols?) I'm not to sure, but is this normal? All the others have white. I'm scared what she has in store for me haha. Another thing I noticed is her fan leaves are not as skinny as the other 3 og kush haze girls I have.. crop king may have had a strain mix up or different phenotype? Then again I might be nervous.... I checked for signs of sacs and nothing.. I'm my eyes shes a female... thanks em for any input..

Good evening @Emilya ! I have a strange question.. and I really hope you have a explanation. I flipped these girls on the 15th and started seeing pre flowers around the 20th. 3 of my girls are doing absolutely great. Although that one girl I had problems with is acting strange. Her pre flowers are turning purple (suppose to be White pistols?) I'm not to sure, but is this normal? All the others have white. I'm scared what she has in store for me haha. Another thing I noticed is her fan leaves are not as skinny as the other 3 og kush haze girls I have.. crop king may have had a strain mix up or different phenotype? Then again I might be nervous.... I checked for signs of sacs and nothing.. I'm my eyes shes a female... thanks em for any input..
yep, sounds like she is a completely different type of plant. Keep an eye on her... an indica dominant in the tent will be fun.

yep, sounds like she is a completely different type of plant. Keep an eye on her... an indica dominant in the tent will be fun.
Thanks em, I really appreciate all the information you offer me and to everyone on this forum. The way she reacted to the nutrients tells me shes a very delicate girl.. I do agree with the first answer you had on my post about not tampering with soil that's meant to grow our fruits. I'm excited to see what her flowers will look like.. I will take a picture when I can to show you these purple pistols.

Good evening Em and friends. I have been sick these past few days in and out of the hospital, but I have managed to take a few pictures of my one strange girl. Here are a few pictures. I really hope those are not pollen sacks growing. If you need I'll be back home tomorrow evening and will be able to get some more if needed. Thanks again :)

Attachments

• 20200208_212659.jpg
    20200208_212659.jpg
    804.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 20200208_212634.jpg
    20200208_212634.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200208_212610.jpg
    20200208_212610.jpg
    828.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20200208_212532.jpg
    20200208_212532.jpg