So I need a little help

Unearthed3005

So this is my fourth grow everything has gone perfect first grow had a bad dry and cure got it dialed in on this grow my leafs started to display these weird spots I have tried every possible thing I could find cal mag, pH, deficiency the plants still growing and mostly looks good the spots are mostly showing up on the fan leafs I'd say like 3 to 6 percent of them. Now for what there life is like
I have them under sf2000 for veg tent and sf 4000 with 2 blurplr led light supplementing
They are getting cal mag,fox farm trio,molasses,terminator, kelp, and fish emulsion.
Temps a little high no matter what I do lol like 72 to 80
Ph pen broke but last check was like 6.6 to 6.7
Ec. 1.6
Rh 50
Wierd thing too is I'm running 4 different strains and the 3 have the issue but 2 are in dark right now the forth looks fine I also have some seedlings in the veg ten and they look fine symptoms seem to show around 3 to 4 weeks veg maybe I'm not giving enough cal mag I give general feeding 1ts per gallon I've fushed it dosnt seem to effect the plant too much but sorry about the 300 page essay lol it looks like a cal mag issue to me from my research but can't fix it hers a pic of the veg lady I'll try and post pics of the ones in dark some time
20211116_135428.jpg
20211116_135413_04.jpg

Hi UE
What does new growth look like? I hope you aren’t throwing the kitchen sink at this hoping the leaf in the picture will come right?
If most of the new growth coming on looks good I’d say you’ve solved it.
I’m going to add light lensing from wet leaves under lights to your list of possible causes. I wouldn’t expect leaves to repair once they look like that.

IDK what variety/strain you’re growing. There’s one I’ve been running clones of all year (Bubba’s Sis) and always had leaves go spotty in flower and look terrible.
I have another one on week five now and this time I decided not to chase problems, not to add calmag and guess what she looks great.
So long as the flowers are ok that’s the main thing right?

So this is my fourth grow everything has gone perfect first grow had a bad dry and cure got it dialed in on this grow my leafs started to display these weird spots I have tried every possible thing I could find cal mag, pH, deficiency the plants still growing and mostly looks good the spots are mostly showing up on the fan leafs I'd say like 3 to 6 percent of them. Now for what there life is like
I have them under sf2000 for veg tent and sf 4000 with 2 blurplr led light supplementing
They are getting cal mag,fox farm trio,molasses,terminator, kelp, and fish emulsion.
Temps a little high no matter what I do lol like 72 to 80
Ph pen broke but last check was like 6.6 to 6.7
Ec. 1.6
Rh 50
Wierd thing too is I'm running 4 different strains and the 3 have the issue but 2 are in dark right now the forth looks fine I also have some seedlings in the veg ten and they look fine symptoms seem to show around 3 to 4 weeks veg maybe I'm not giving enough cal mag I give general feeding 1ts per gallon I've fushed it dosnt seem to effect the plant too much but sorry about the 300 page essay lol it looks like a cal mag issue to me from my research but can't fix it hers a pic of the veg lady I'll try and post pics of the ones in dark some time
20211116_135428.jpg
Hey @Unearthed3005 hope you are well my friend.
Sorry about your lady.
I might try dropping my ph down to 6.3 after all nutrients are added.
Are you following the schedule?
If you use calmag it has to be put in first to help with nutrient uptake.
Stay safe.
Bill

Hi UE
What does new growth look like? I hope you aren’t throwing the kitchen sink at this hoping the leaf in the picture will come right?
If most of the new growth coming on looks good I’d say you’ve solved it.
I’m going to add light lensing from wet leaves under lights to your list of possible causes. I wouldn’t expect leaves to repair once they look like that.

IDK what variety/strain you’re growing. There’s one I’ve been running clones of all year (Bubba’s Sis) and always had leaves go spotty in flower and look terrible.
I have another one on week five now and this time I decided not to chase problems, not to add calmag and guess what she looks great.
So long as the flowers are ok that’s the main thing right?
Thanks I have been trying alot but but nothing crazy just some tweeks I didn't want to make it worse strains are deathstar, grand daddy purp,red bud cbd and Alaskan purple most new growth is fine and green its when the bigger leafs start to fan out I'm kinda ok with it just don't want to mess end product up and the whole I have to figure every thing out just to know thing Is what's really getting me thanks for the info on my 2 in flowering is the first I seen it i flushed the soil and continued as usual and the problem did pretty much clear up I'm just a little worried because the fact it's showing up on 3 genetically different strains but each have different severity but I appreciate the help where I'm at every one thinks there shit is some secret voodoo magic and won't really help so love this place

Thank
Sorry about your lady.
Stay safe.
Bill
Hi! Get your pH pen fixed, asap or get a new one. Fox Farm grows are very particular about the pH of the incoming fluids. Tell us more... tell us what sort of soil you are in and how often you are watering, and how much. Are you following the directions on the Fox Farm feed chart?
I'm using fox farm ocean I started nutes and do exactly what it say foliage spray once every two weeks I water depending on soil but big girls in 3gl pots get a gallon each every two two three days the one in the picture our veg not that big get about a quarter of a gallon around plant in a 3 gal I do add fish emulsion and molasses at times. The emulsion if I need to boost nitro and mollases on just water days about a tablespoon and a half per gallon

Sorry about your lady.
Stay safe.
Bill
I've never messed with pH i have pH up and pH down do I just add to water till waters at right pH I know the ec on my water here bounces from 0 to .1 when I checked it never check pH of my tap water never had any issues till now and thanks for the info I did not know about the cal mag I was told to just throw it qith my nuts that might be part of the problem i was told by a friend to use cal mag every feed but I don't I just follow the schedule with the molasses just water days

I've never messed with pH i have pH up and pH down do I just add to water till waters at right pH I know the ec on my water here bounces from 0 to .1 when I checked it never check pH of my tap water never had any issues till now and thanks for the info I did not know about the cal mag I was told to just throw it qith my nuts that might be part of the problem i was told by a friend to use cal mag every feed but I don't I just follow the schedule with the molasses just water days
Hey @Unearthed3005 good morning.
Once you've added all your nutrients according to the schedule then adjust the ph.
Put in a couple drops of pH adjuster check it then add a couple drops more if needed until you get to 6.3.
Try and follow the feed chart for your nutrients.
Stay safe.
Bill

I was having same problem until I started putting the cal mag in first and bubbled the water over night not saying it takes that long but give it time alone in the water I don't know why but it works

I have some in dwc and I'm experimenting with fox farms soil and nutes and everybody was mad I kept raising the cal mag but I was putting it in last in the mix and nothing changed so I was then blaming my led lights (because its not me right)

Also like was mentioned ph to 6.3 last before you dump it in

Hey @Unearthed3005 good morning.
Once you've added all your nutrients according to the schedule then adjust the ph.
Put in a couple drops of pH adjuster check it then add a couple drops more if needed until you get to 6.3.
Try and follow the feed chart for your nutrients.
Stay safe.
Bill
Thanks that easy enough was thinking of switching to coco good to know the whole pH thing isn't to bad

Thanks
I was having same problem until I started putting the cal mag in first and bubbled the water over night not saying it takes that long but give it time alone in the water I don't know why but it works

I have some in dwc and I'm experimenting with fox farms soil and nutes and everybody was mad I kept raising the cal mag but I was putting it in last in the mix and nothing changed so I was then blaming my led lights (because its not me right)

Thanks for the tip I just tried it this feed see what happens I like fox farm my few grows have gone great no issuse really till this one Buds are fat taste goo and frost so it's something I'm doing some how different same plants too I'm thinking of grabbing an autopot system and running coco was gonna stay in soil or do a 50/50 mix but every ones telling me to run coco in the autopots

but every ones telling me to run coco in the autopots
Not everyone. I like soil. I would not use any other medium because soil and organic growing will produce the best that these plants can offer to us... everything else is artificial and only approaching the natural method that organic growing will give you. Soil is also a very cool way to use synthetic nutrient systems, allowing the grower to actually walk away from the garden for days at a time... while coco chains you to the garden, having to do something every day, sometimes several times a day.
Whatever floats your boat as they say, but for me soil in traditional containers is the way to go.

Here's some more pictures I keep forgetting to get pictures from big girls

20211119_133906.jpg

20211119_133845.jpg

20211119_133838.jpg

20211119_133832.jpg

20211116_191146.jpg
Thank you for these. It looks like a Magnesium deficiency to me looking at it now...even maybe leaf septoria, which is a fungus....both are treatable..how long has this been going on. One of the issues you may have though is pH issues cause problems in uptake of nutrients so maybe what you give then, they just aren't getting because of your pH problems

Thank you for these. It looks like a Magnesium deficiency to me looking at it now...even maybe leaf septoria, which is a fungus....both are treatable..how long has this been going on. One of the issues you may have though is pH issues cause problems in uptake of nutrients so maybe what you give then, they just aren't getting because of your pH problems
Thanks just order another pen I thought mag too so I gave it a little extra. I was worried about fungus but wasn't sure just Becuase its one a few different plants I have to research this septoria I imagine a fungicide of some sort will work thanks again.

Looks like potassium lockout, get your ph down below 7, preferably 6.40 to 6.55 when feeding so your plant can uptake it.

Back
Top Bottom