Heat, highs and lows

Weekapaug

What's up guys, first time poster long, time follower. Currently my "girls" are in my basement which is surrounded by concrete walls, obviously. During the 12 on cycle the temp in the room averages about 70F. But during the 12 off cycle it is averaging around 57, depending on the temp outside. My concern is with the weather changing, am I going to need to worry about some sort of heat? How cold can it get without damaging anything? Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Yes. depending upon the size of ur grow room a space heater may be in order when the lights are out. U don't want ur indoor temps to dip or rise more that 15 degrees tops between high and low in a 24 hr period. I have placed a space heater in the room as well as in front of the intake ducting to heat the room. Both worked but I prefer to heat the intake air. good luck. Welcome to the forums. Bout time u joined us.

Thanks BWC. A little worried about how to get heat in there but I guess that's an issue I'll have to deal with. I am two weeks into flowering and things are looking pretty good. Not sure how to attach photo's and would like to hear what people think.

ThatBoyDean, what do u think about a space heater behind an oscilating fan in the grow room?

Space heaters are good for big grow rooms or greenhouses.
Having your heater behind your fan will help by defuing the hot dry air evenly within your grow room, so your good BWC.

Just make sure hot heat is not blowing on leaves or pots as it can cause adverse effects on your plants

I haven't decided what to do about the temp yet but I thought I would add some pics and see what you guys had to say. I guess you could say I'm still "green" at this.
rsz_dsc00599.jpg

rsz_dsc00600.jpg

rsz_2dsc00604.jpg

rsz_dsc00608.jpg

try to stay with a 8 - 10 f. difference day to night up until the 5 weeks of flower, also keep your daytime temperature the same as your veg up until this 5 week try going down 4 - 7 f, with your daytime temp at this time, also bring your nights down 10- 18'f lower than your daytime. this means your morning will start out 10 to 18 degrees colder during the crystal[ making. (5th week of flower and on) . *Hybrid strains with parents that are from both a northern lineage and a southern lineage will require a bigger temperature swing (15-18'f day to night) where as a strain with similar parents originating from the same temperature regime would thrive on a 10 - 14 degree swing. make sure you stick to the same temperatures each day and night choose an area and stay with it. im sure in veg you found the optimum processing temperature for your strain, by how rockin the leaves are standing up. use that as your veg. daytime temp. by swinging the temperature an even amount each day/night you will lose the least amount of thc to cbn which is the burnout cannibinoid created by thc expired. ** THIS however will not get you the highest amount of total psychoactive chemicals, but it will be a more sexy smoke with little come down. you can also try keeping the same day and night temperature, this will give you the strongest pot however it will leave you in the dust .. glued to your couch because of all the spoiled thc. *** also try dropping your temps really low for the last 5 days / nights.. pushes out the crystal im tellin ya.. heat kills thc, cold preserves it ya dig? hope i could help. we find the temperature the most important ingredient to marijuana

put a thermistat on your light cooling fan have it only come on when your room is at your set temperature. or dump the light exhaust next to your intake.. to mix with fresh are and become temperate. reuse your energy n go green!

Back
Top Bottom