Heating question

icke

Hi guys,im intrested to know what you use for heating in a grow tent,im looking for something economical,thanks in advance

Heating?

What kind of light do you plan on using?
Where do you plan on growing?
How much heat do you need?

Some space heaters can use ALOT of power!
On top of what you need to grow you plants...

Are you trying to warm your area when its lights out?

Not So Rookie Anymore

Whatever you use, make sure it does not glow. Even little LED indicator lights have been blamed for messing up the darkness requirement of a 12-12 flower schedule.
Happy growing,
:volcano-smiley:

I use a space heater but only the stand up radiator oil filled type. Set the thermostat and done. I think the oil filled radiator types dont drop my humidity so bad. I've used the little tiny plug-in space heaters and watched my humidity drop to 10%. That was the end of those.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

im using a convector heater i only need it on half power but in worried about the cost of running it,i have a aluminum plate in front of it so the heat is not blowing onto the plants

im using a convector heater i only need it on half power but in worried about the cost of running it,i have a aluminum plate in front of it so the heat is not blowing onto the plants

Yeah, I leave mine on medium and the thermostat set. It runs mostly at lights out. It don't blow at all. There is no fan on my type of heater. The fan on the wall circulates everything.

I've used the little tiny plug-in space heaters and watched my humidity drop to 10%. That was the end of those.
Your relative humidity will drop when your air temperature increases. Warmer air can hold more moisture Relatively Speaking. The same air can be cooled off and the humidity will go so high that moisture condenses on cooler objects. If you need to increase humidity just place a one quart per square foot container of water on the tent floor. Leave a rag dipped in the water and hanging over the container edge to increase evaporation. Wife says I should call the rag a piece of fabric because it's more refined.
Happy growing

I've used the little tiny plug-in space heaters and watched my humidity drop to 10%. That was the end of those.
Your relative humidity will drop when your air temperature increases. Warmer air can hold more moisture Relatively Speaking. The same air can be cooled off and the humidity will go so high that moisture condenses on cooler objects. If you need to increase humidity just place a one quart per square foot container of water on the tent floor. Leave a rag dipped in the water and hanging over the container edge to increase evaporation. Wife says I should call the rag a piece of fabric because it's more refined.
Happy growing

I'm not playing with wet towels or anything of the kind. I run a 3000 square foot humidifier in the grow room. I'm simply stating I find that running a forced air heater seems to affect my humidity more then an oil filled non forced air heater.My environment is always in check. I'm simply sharing with the OP my experience.

Back
Top Bottom