Hello from an Americana in Europe!

...But it's also that I'm looking online for lists of the most popular varieties in California right now...and it seems like the catalog of the worst Spanish bank of those in the 3rd category of refried foods in bulk...
...But it seems like it's harder to find an Original Haze in California right now, than a cool place here starting in May...

With legalization tearing through America and very little if any oversight, this is the environment. A thousand snake oil salesmen exploiting and raping the industry. This is going to keep going and going. This is why oversight and regulation happen. People rarely can be left to their own devices because there are not enough honorable people left. All the charlatans who want to make a quick buck flood the market and the consumer is left to pick through the trash to find the treasure.

😂 Chicago is the only other city that’s made me go “damn, okay” 😂 we’ve got a lot of Greek, Polish, and Mexican people so we’ve got decent food if you’ve got the balls to go 😂 it’s gotten better recently but we’ll see.. it’s hard to shake our reputation

Nah not any more. I’ve been back in Michigan since 2016.. I got wrecked mentally and physically in Afghanistan and that was the end of going anywhere I wasn’t able to be armed. I wanted my sons to grow up somewhere with things to do and close to the city and I know Detroit so it’s where I ironically felt most comfortable and safe. Once they turn 18 the old lady and I are gone though.. We’ll be moving somewhere unincorporated and start building out the land for our future generations.
I’ve seen a lot of young people who are trying to make Detroit a better place. I hope they can achieve such a noble goal. For all of Chicago’s shortcomings it’s a beautiful city. So much history and the Lakefront. CL🍀

I’ve seen a lot of young people who are trying to make Detroit a better place. I hope they can achieve such a noble goal. For all of Chicago’s shortcomings it’s a beautiful city. So much history and the Lakefront. CL🍀

Yep.. it’s tough though.. a city built for 2 million people that only has 800k residents.. there’s vast stretches of abandoned buildings and trash.. it will take a lot.

Chicago is beautiful, I took the skyline (I think that’s the name) freeway and was in awe of how gorgeous the city looked

a city built for 2 million people that only has 800k residents.. there’s vast stretches of abandoned buildings and trash.. it will take a lot.

it's what happens when you ship middle class jobs out by the boat load so wal-mart can sell cheap junk made in china

Yep.. it’s tough though.. a city built for 2 million people that only has 800k residents.. there’s vast stretches of abandoned buildings and trash.. it will take a lot.

Chicago is beautiful, I took the skyline (I think that’s the name) freeway and was in awe of how gorgeous the city looked
Chicago Skyway but if you really want to get the feel of the City there’s a song about it. Driving on L.S.D. and it’s not about the drug but Lake Shore Drive. We have a lot of abandoned buildings to but thankfully the City is knocking them down. CL🍀

Honestly and from my tastes and my area in Europe, I don't know what "wonderful and exotic" Californian genetics you want to "hit" us Europeans with... More boring commercial garbage product of the same boring commercial varieties crossed with each other to infinity and beyond, maybe ?...: "Refried", we call that in my part of the continent...
...Or wait: maybe I'm wrong, and what you're going to hit us with is importing from California authentic Original Haze seeds, or something similar...
In the last case, and although we also have and plant those here (and even the supposed landraces of which it is said to be composed) , so you're very welcome. ..

Damn man... a bit of negativity here. The top shelf euro stuff I've smoked in Spain and the Netherlands have been crap so I don't know where the superiority complex is coming from. I'm 100% European and have been living back and forth for my entire life so no need for this "us Europeans" either.

I got a line with classic edition of genetics for blue dream, j1, and a planetary. Hopefully that planetary is Mars. I don't know how accurate or oldschool "pure" it all is but my friend kind of saw the current day situation happening and took a 'preppers' approach. My friend could be BS'ing me but I hope for the best that it's not the case. I believe in at least 75% of what he says lol. He did save my life before.

most of the sponsor seed banks are international. i don't think there are any that limit shipping to just one continent. several sponsors are european, many have a footprint in both europe and north america. in canada we have good choices both domestically and internationally.

if you're looking at genetics then it's the breeders you want to follow. you can often pick up individual breeders offers through more than one seedbank.

Damn man... a bit of negativity here. The top shelf euro stuff I've smoked in Spain and the Netherlands have been crap so I don't know where the superiority complex is coming from. I'm 100% European and have been living back and forth for my entire life so no need for this "us Europeans" either.

I got a line with classic edition of genetics for blue dream, j1, and a planetary. Hopefully that planetary is Mars. I don't know how accurate or oldschool "pure" it all is but my friend kind of saw the current day situation happening and took a 'preppers' approach. My friend could be BS'ing me but I hope for the best that it's not the case. I believe in at least 75% of what he says lol. He did save my life before.
The "we Europeans" was simply to clarify that I am also from Europe (although I probably won't reach your 100%), while you said youre American in your thread title... My tone is intended to be humorous, but by passing through an electronic translator, many nuances are lost, and everything sounds drier and harder...
There is no superiority complex in my words: I'm just asking if you want to "hit" the European market (full of "junk food") with more junk food from California, looking at the most popular "restaurant menus" there...

...Correct me if I am wrong in identifying the varieties...: a cross of Blueberry and Super Silver Haze ... The second I think it is a cross between Skunk and Jack Herer
(damn, I prefer the classic Skunk/Haze or vice versa that ran before in Europe; in my area a cross between a highland landrace sativa from Leshoto x Skunk/Haze was very popular outdoors decades ago), and the third (I think) a rehash...
Anyway, only the Blueberry strain, if the old "less indica-more saiva" phenotype of DjShort's originals comes out, would attract my attention and a place inna my garden...

I imagine what you may have smoked in the Dutch locals, because a lot comes out of dark basements (or from greenhouses, if you have good luck) that won't be far from me (and still, they usually "dandruff" the buds, over there).
And if in Spain you went also to some Club, or you resorted to the owner of some of the previously mentioned cellars, either: sure that if you come to my zone, you end up smoking the same rehashes of the Californian lists... And eating defrosted paella and drinking brick wine...or most probably eating in MacDonals, heh... (I'm joking)

Come on, a good-natured greeting between European colleagues, then... "Americana" friend...

The "we Europeans" was simply to clarify that I am also from Europe (although I probably won't reach your 100%), while you said youre American in your thread title... My tone is intended to be humorous, but by passing through an electronic translator, many nuances are lost, and everything sounds drier and harder...
There is no superiority complex in my words: I'm just asking if you want to "hit" the European market (full of "junk food") with more Californian junk food, looking at the most popular "restaurant menus" there...

...Correct me if I am wrong in identifying the varieties...: a cross of Blueberry and Super Silver Haze ... The second I think it is a cross between Skunk and Jack Herer
(damn, I prefer the classic Skunk/Haze or vice versa that ran before in Europe; in my area a cross between a highland landrace sativa from Leshoto x Skunk/Haze was very popular outdoors decades ago), and the third (I think) a rehash...
Anyway, only the Blueberry strain, if the old "less indica-more saiva" phenotype of DjShort's originals comes out, would attract my attention and a place inna my garden...

I imagine what you may have smoked in the Dutch locals, because a lot comes out of dark basements (or from greenhouses, if you have good luck) that won't be far from me (and still, they usually "dandruff" the buds, over there).
And if in Spain you went also to some Club, or you resorted to the owner of some of the previously mentioned cellars, either: sure that if you come to my zone, you end up smoking the same rehashes of the Californian lists... And eating defrosted paella and drinking brick wine...or most probably eating in MacDonals, heh... (I'm joking)

Come on, a good-natured greeting between European colleagues, then... "Americana" friend...

Sorry then. It was the end of a long day. A long day. My last stint was in the US. My family is entirely eastern european though and I've been living back and forth for 2-10 years at a time in both continents. I smoked from the cafes and home growers. I'll concede that nostalgia can be a powerful drug. It's definitely hard to adjust to the community's current day situation after such a long hiatus.

I started smoking 25 years ago so my knowledge on the history of the strains might be lacking comparing to what seems to be yours. I have no clue who DjShort is. Person on this forum? Some guy from the AOL days?

Here's about Mars OG: Mars OG Weed Strain Information | Leafly

most of the sponsor seed banks are international. i don't think there are any that limit shipping to just one continent. several sponsors are european, many have a footprint in both europe and north america. in canada we have good choices both domestically and internationally.

if you're looking at genetics then it's the breeders you want to follow. you can often pick up individual breeders offers through more than one seedbank.

Breeders who frequent this forum? I don't know if shipping the stuff in, from a seed bank, where I live would be a safe option tbh. Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry then. It was the end of a long day. A long day. My last stint was in the US. My family is entirely eastern european though and I've been living back and forth for 2-10 years at a time in both continents. I smoked from the cafes and home growers. I'll concede that nostalgia can be a powerful drug. It's definitely hard to adjust to the community's current day situation after such a long hiatus.
I started smoking 25 years ago so my knowledge on the history of the strains might be lacking comparing to what seems to be yours. I have no clue who DjShort is. Person on this forum? Some guy from the AOL days?[
Here's about Mars OG: Mars OG Weed Strain Information | Leafly
And how do you want to hit a European market that you are totally unaware of, resorting to the North American market that you are also totally unaware of? What is yours then: superiority or ignorance? DjShort is the breeder of a parent of one of the varieties you say you have (Blueberry)... Good luck judging and hitting markets you don't know about.

And how do you want to hit a European market that you are totally unaware of, resorting to the United States market that you are also totally unaware of? What is yours then: superiority or ignorance? DjShort is the breeder of a parent of one of the varieties you say you have (Blueberry)... Good luck judging and hitting markets you don't know about.

Now you’re misreading what he’s saying. He said “hit the scene” which most definitely doesn’t mean market. What he’s trying to do is find some decent quality smoke in his neck of the woods and share it with the people around him.

I can see how you’d misread it as it wasn’t really used very accurately but he’s not talking about trying to come in and set up shop. (Now that I type that out I can see where the annoyance is coming from. ‘Typical American attitude’ I assume is the feeling.) I think it was just a poor choice of words, especially as you said, since nuances and tone are lost in text.

Let’s try to keep it chill, we’re all here for the same plant, hostility and judgments aren’t necessary.

And how do you want to hit a European market that you are totally unaware of, resorting to the North American market that you are also totally unaware of? What is yours then: superiority or ignorance? DjShort is the breeder of a parent of one of the varieties you say you have (Blueberry)... Good luck judging and hitting markets you don't know about.

Some good points but, I'm not trying to fundamentally change any scene nor claiming to improve it as a whole. I have access to a breeder, who I can trust over online companies, that can definitely improve what's available in my country without any illusion of grandeur. There are a lot of questionable options here and the reason I stopped smoking anything after sampling some of the "high quality" bud that brings the feeling of being as much poisoned as getting a slight high.

I want to start with using "cleaner" bio products for myself and friends before mastering an approach similar to keffka's. Yes, i'd love to get involved in a more commercial sense but it's not to get filthy rich as much as having a nestegg to help in case my country is invaded. I will enter the market indeed in a more western location but will have local networking and cooperation.

Beyond one post I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here and conceding to much of what you bring up but it seems like the superiority or ignorance is a bit uneven. Observably It is a bit of the typical American stereotypes being mirrored by Europeans. I've experienced much of it during my repatriation here. Americans don't see it in themselves as much as many Europeans can't either and there is no monopoly of superiority. I know I can learn invaluable information from you and the rest of this forum and I realize that it will take a long time with many, many steps of patience to achieve my goals.

My last aggressive post to you was a product of a lot of frustration through turmoil coming from my workplace and the potential hardship it will bring to my emerging family. Can we both just drop it and meet each other halfway?

So I was half right and half wrong. Should be my personal motto 😂

On a more serious note.. I can’t even fathom my country being invaded. It would be the biggest mistake any nation or person had ever made in history. You wouldn’t even make it off the cities of the coasts let alone trying to move through and secure our rural areas

There was a show that was based on the Nazis taking over America and it made me so insanely uncomfortable I couldn’t even finish it.

So I was half right and half wrong. Should be my personal motto 😂

On a more serious note.. I can’t even fathom my country being invaded. It would be the biggest mistake any nation or person had ever made in history. You wouldn’t even make it off the cities of the coasts let alone trying to move through and secure our rural areas

There was a show that was based on the Nazis taking over America and it made me so insanely uncomfortable I couldn’t even finish it.
lol you're all good. Yeah, the getting out part would be REALLY tough. I've helped drive Ukrainians out for safety but that type of help from other Euro countries for us is pessimistic at best. If it wasn't for my epilepsy and the constant need of medicine to control it, I'd be right there with the civilian defense training and waiting for the possible inevitable.

Oh boy that show was a roller coaster ride. To give a bit perspective to its realism... My grandfather fought in WWII before and during the German occupation. Just some details from him is enough to make a full movie on the civilian and military horrors of war. Him coolly and calmly recollecting his time in a gulag was very unsettling but also inspiring.

In the beginning of USSR occupation after the war, there was a long time of purging the undesirables. The list of what made you one began with just being a native. Having the "wrong" attitude after that were where the real life or death situation, as a civilian, would be certain. After a lot of risk and a lot of bribing my grandad ensured my parents' escape and hence why I was born in the States.

lol you're all good. Yeah, the getting out part would be REALLY tough. I've helped drive Ukrainians out for safety but that type of help from other Euro countries for us is pessimistic at best. If it wasn't for my epilepsy and the constant need of medicine to control it, I'd be right there with the civilian defense training and waiting for the possible inevitable.

Oh boy that show was a roller coaster ride. To give a bit perspective to its realism... My grandfather fought in WWII before and during the German occupation. Just some details from him is enough to make a full movie on the civilian and military horrors of war. Him coolly and calmly recollecting his time in a gulag was very unsettling but also inspiring.

In the beginning of USSR occupation after the war, there was a long time of purging the undesirables. The list of what made you one began with just being a native. Having the "wrong" attitude after that were where the real life or death situation, as a civilian, would be certain. After a lot of risk and a lot of bribing my grandad ensured my parents' escape and hence why I was born in the States.

War is hell.. Ive tried to compare what we did in Afghanistan to fighting a uniformed organized military and there’s just no way to do it. Fighting from trenches and dealing with precision artillery sounds horrific, but so was having to go inside the enemies home and fight them within arms reach with their wives and children there.

At the end of the day I don’t think it matters what kind of war you’re in, it’s all the same. A bunch of poor people dying for rich peoples egos and perversions.

At the end of the day I don’t think it matters what kind of war you’re in, it’s all the same. A bunch of poor people dying for rich peoples egos and perversions.

unless you are fighting for your native soil, the right to decide who governs, and the ultimate right to freedom.

unless you are fighting for your native soil, the right to decide who governs, and the ultimate right to freedom.

Agreed with a caveat. Typically you’re fighting for your native soil because some rich pervert has decided he’s entitled to it. Thus, poor people are dying so some twisted elite can stroke himself some more.

Breeders who frequent this forum?

breeders who sell through the seedbanks. although there are a pile of folk on the forum breeding with fantastic results.

War is hell.. Ive tried to compare what we did in Afghanistan to fighting a uniformed organized military and there’s just no way to do it. Fighting from trenches and dealing with precision artillery sounds horrific, but so was having to go inside the enemies home and fight them within arms reach with their wives and children there.

That sounds horrible and all the best wishes that you can live your life outside and with those memories at the same time.
I agree with you though. It's a racket and I'm convinced that Ukraine is just another episode of it all. It's conflicting because it's harder to think that way when its your own soil. Our government wants to increase military spending to 5% GDP. More than any other country in the EU. Even if the war never comes, the money has already transferred hands in one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom