Hello from an Americana in Europe!

chinchillin

Hey guys. I'm an American living in Europe and wanted to start the hobby with the potential to go semi commercial. Would love to go with organic soil indoor grows with developing enough confidence into some sort of live soil grow down the road. Would love to get some Cali genetics to hit the euro scene ;)

I've been lurking for a while here and some searches have already helped me aim towards the direction I want to go. Thank you so much for being around and so helpful for everyone in the community!

Welcome to the community @chinchillin and no longer need to lurk, just chill out and chime in, its time to start having some fun.
Stay safe and hope you thrive with your commercial venture.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @chinchillin

Have you grown anything before?
Are you going to make your own soil?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome to the community @chinchillin and no longer need to lurk, just chill out and chime in, its time to start having some fun.
Stay safe and hope you thrive with your commercial venture.
Thank you!
Hi @chinchillin welcome to Europe and welcome to 420 :ciao:

Have you got used to dumb laws, overpriced imports and miserable weather yet? lol
haha, coming from California oddly I already have. Still wear sandals to walk the dog when its 0 degrees lol.
Welcome to 420 Magazine @chinchillin

Have you grown anything before?
Are you going to make your own soil?

Tok.. :bong:

I grew 20 years ago in an abandoned office building that still have electricity and water lol. Everything has changed and it's a bit overwhelming. Want to keep simple with something pre-made but with some extra additives to enrich the already enriched soil.

Hey guys. I'm an American living in Europe and wanted to start the hobby with the potential to go semi commercial. Would love to go with organic soil indoor grows with developing enough confidence into some sort of live soil grow down the road. Would love to get some Cali genetics to hit the euro scene ;)

I've been lurking for a while here and some searches have already helped me aim towards the direction I want to go. Thank you so much for being around and so helpful for everyone in the community!
Welcome to the @420 Magazine family @chinchillin . CL🍀

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 :cool:

welcome to the community! Nothing like living on another continent to make you really appreciate America 🤣 I used to think we could do better until I lived elsewhere and realized we already were doing better. It’s a process lol.

welcome to the community! Nothing like living on another continent to make you really appreciate America 🤣 I used to think we could do better until I lived elsewhere and realized we already were doing better. It’s a process lol.

I do miss the ocean side town I lived in. Europe is pretty hostile to weed still so it's a bit of a challenge. What's available is of questionable origin and most likely produce by some mafia controlled grow houses lol. They still enforce "protection" in the downtown of the capital to buildings right next to city hall and police stations even. Yikes!

I do miss the ocean side town I lived in. Europe is pretty hostile to weed still so it's a bit of a challenge. What's available is of questionable origin and most likely produce by some mafia controlled grow houses lol. They still enforce "protection" in the downtown of the capital to buildings right next to city hall and police stations even. Yikes!

Yikes indeed.. like you said at least you came from Cali so you were on the edge of similarity.. coming from Detroit it was quite an adjustment for me just to leave the house without a gun.. I am thankful for my time abroad though, it’s priceless seeing how the rest of the world lives. Really helps align your perspective.

As long as you’re a go with the flow kind of person you’ll be good is my experience.

Yikes indeed.. like you said at least you came from Cali so you were on the edge of similarity.. coming from Detroit it was quite an adjustment for me just to leave the house without a gun.. I am thankful for my time abroad though, it’s priceless seeing how the rest of the world lives. Really helps align your perspective.

As long as you’re a go with the flow kind of person you’ll be good is my experience.
Sounds like the Southside of Chicago but at least we have great food. lol CL🍀

Are you still abroad?

Leaving the house without a gun and feeling 99% safe at night is very strange. It still depends I guess in which parts of the world though ;) Totally agree with having to be go with the flow. We hear British and Americans blocks away and it's a huge contrast.

Sounds like the Southside of Chicago but at least we have great food. lol CL🍀

😂 Chicago is the only other city that’s made me go “damn, okay” 😂 we’ve got a lot of Greek, Polish, and Mexican people so we’ve got decent food if you’ve got the balls to go 😂 it’s gotten better recently but we’ll see.. it’s hard to shake our reputation

Are you still abroad?

Leaving the house without a gun and feeling 99% safe at night is very strange. It still depends I guess in which parts of the world though ;) Totally agree with having to be go with the flow. We hear British and Americans blocks away and it's a huge contrast.

Nah not any more. I’ve been back in Michigan since 2016.. I got wrecked mentally and physically in Afghanistan and that was the end of going anywhere I wasn’t able to be armed. I wanted my sons to grow up somewhere with things to do and close to the city and I know Detroit so it’s where I ironically felt most comfortable and safe. Once they turn 18 the old lady and I are gone though.. We’ll be moving somewhere unincorporated and start building out the land for our future generations.

Honestly and from my tastes and my area in Europe, I don't know what "wonderful and exotic" Californian genetics you want to "hit" us Europeans with... More boring commercial garbage product of the same boring commercial varieties crossed with each other to infinity and beyond, maybe ?...: "Refried", we call that in my part of the continent...
...Or wait: maybe I'm wrong, and what you're going to hit us with is importing from California authentic Original Haze seeds, or something similar...
In the last case, and although we also have and plant those here (and even the supposed landraces of which it is said to be composed) , so you're very welcome. ..

Honestly and from my tastes, I don't know what "wonderful and exotic" Californian genetics you want to "hit" us with... More boring commercial garbage product of the same boring commercial varieties crossed with each other to infinity and beyond, maybe ?...: "Refried", we call that in my part of the continent...
...Or wait: maybe I'm wrong, and what you're going to hit us with is importing authentic Californian Original Haze seeds, or something similar... Although we also have and plant those here, so you're very welcome. ..

From what I’ve read, those Cali genetics of infamy came from other parts of the world to begin with and were refined by a handful of growers there. It’s hard to follow the actual lineages beyond old head stories.

...But it's also that I'm looking online for lists of the most popular varieties in California right now...and it seems like the catalog of the worst Spanish bank of those in the 3rd category of refried strains in bulk...
...But it seems like it's harder to find an Original Haze in California right now, than a cool place here starting in May...

Back
Top Bottom