Hello from Cape Cod

beard o

Thank you for allowing me on the forum.

I'm 70 years old, and a born again cannabis user/grower. I went to college in the early 70s, the height of the anti marijuana movement. It was all about Viet Nam and marijuana.
Smoked weed in school, but it was so crazy illegal, it almost wasn't worth the risk.

Once I graduated, I pretty much forgot about it for 40 years. Had to focus on life and work. But that was before Ma voters legalized it. Now I'm retired. That's when I discovered a newborn interest in it. I was stunned at how much growing evolved. Back in the early 70s street weed was mostly junk. A few of my buddies were early gorilla growers. Clandestine, hidden outdoor grows, it the woods. Parking their cars a mile away, carrying water and walking to avoid detection.
Today, it's a whole new world and that's what drew me back. It's become my new hobby.

I'm 70 years old, and a born again cannabis user/grower. I went to college in the early 70s, the height of the anti marijuana movement. It was all about Viet Nam and marijuana.
Smoked weed in school, but it was so crazy illegal, it almost wasn't worth the risk.

Once I graduated, I pretty much forgot about it for 40 years. Had to focus on life and work. But that was before Ma voters legalized it. Now I'm retired. That's when I discovered a newborn interest in it. I was stunned at how much growing evolved. Back in the early 70s street weed was mostly junk. A few of my buddies were early gorilla growers. Clandestine, hidden outdoor grows, it the woods. Parking their cars a mile away, carrying water and walking to avoid detection.
Today, it's a whole new world and that's what drew me back. It's become my new hobby.
Hello beard o, welcome to 420 Mag and happy new year! What have you got growing? We are an community of cannabis enthusiasts eager to hear about people's grows 😃 Any questions, people will be coming in to welcome you and between us we'll steer you right.

Welcome to 420 magazine @beard o

Are you currently growing anything?
What type of growing would you like to learn?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Thanks gentlemen.

I've been growing photos for awhile now. 4x4 tent. Kind of a caveman when it comes to lights. I've been trying to talk myself into a reason to switch to LEDs. But I get such good results with HID, elec bill aside, it's difficult to justify. Plus I have a lifetime supply of both MH and HPS bulbs, and just bought a new digital dimmable ballast last year lol.

Presently I'm making my first serious attempt at autos. Fastbuds genetics. Four plants in soft pots. 2 Blue Dream, a Gorilla Cookie and Wedding Cheesecake. Soil is FFOF amended with perlite and myco.
I'm doing an experiment with lights. From germination to seedling I ran a 600w MH around 4'. On day 22 I pulled the 600w MH, and replaced it with a 1000w MH. Wow, let there be light! Running all on a 20/4 cycle.
As soon as they show the first sign of flower, I'm pulling the 1000w MH and replacing it with a 1000w HPS through the entire flower cycle.

Yesterday I fed them lightly for the first time and did a serious LST on them. Checked on them this morning and the main colas had already grown and reaching for light. All the smaller buds came to life and liking all this extra light. Will keep you guys posted.

Hello Beard O, I'm a fellow Cape Codder. Well I live in Quincy now the cape got too expensive. But if ya get the chance check out the oldest house on the cape in sandwich, that's my family's past. So good luck on your growing adventures. Like you I'm a bit of a caveman too but I did give in to LED lights. it's just so much more cost effective. But I still grow in soil and I have my plants on dollies so I can roll em from sunny window to sunny window. Best wishes an happy growing

Hello and welcome aboard 😊
some of us still do the occasional Stealth Grow just tap on the
👆 green writing to view my current stealth grow.
And I look forward to you doing a grow are you going to grow indoors or outside?

Hello and welcome aboard 😊
some of us still do the occasional Stealth Grow just tap on the
👆 green writing to view my current stealth grow.
And I look forward to you doing a grow are you going to grow indoors or outside?
I only grow indoors, mostly photos. But I have my first batch of autos in the tent right now. In into week 3, Fastbuds genetics. Two Blue Dream, one Gorilla Cookie and one Wedding Cheesecake.

IMG_20231228_164506~2.jpg

I only grow indoors, mostly photos. But I have my first batch of autos in the tent right now. In into week 3, Fastbuds genetics. Two Blue Dream, one Gorilla Cookie and one Wedding Cheesecake.

IMG_20231228_164506~2.jpg
Looking pretty good 👍 i see you have a pot of water in tent to help with humidity, you are the first person I've seen do this aswell 🤣 the getto humidifier 😊

Looking pretty good 👍 i see you have a pot of water in tent to help with humidity, you are the first person I've seen do this aswell 🤣 the getto humidifier 😊
My tent is in an unheated room, and I'm running a 1000w MH while in veg, and my humidity isn't where I'd like. The water helped raise it a bit, but I think I'll just live with it.

My tent is in an unheated room, and I'm running a 1000w MH while in veg, and my humidity isn't where I'd like. The water helped raise it a bit, but I think I'll just live with it.
You can hang a tea towel above bucket stretched out with the bottom of the tea towel in the water ,the water will wick up the towel and evaporate quicker helping to raise RH better

Back
Top Bottom