Hello

Vince, your wish is my command, I went and gave them the finger test, not ready for watering maybe in a day or so. Some still feel a lil heavy when I picked them up. Inspecting once again with a magnifying glass. What I am seeing is what appears to be pistils. Pistils almost look V shaped am I correct? Even the one I think has single ball on two different stems look to have pistils too. Some look like its too small to even tell if it is a pistil...I know I need to chill out. It is only the first few days of flowering. So in the mean time in between time, I have been mixing my gallon containers with nutes. I need to do one with vinegar/water, is it ok to give them this during flowering? Or just when ph is not balanced? Like you, I want to have jugs filled with certain things so if they are needed I don't have to wait the 24 hours for stuff to evaporate. I just need to remember what to use the vinegar/water for or when. This is a lot of info for my poor lil brain to process all at once. I don't want to start a thread for every lil question I have. Thanks for putting up with me. I guess I can call you my mentor huh?

Its like were old pals...ive never used vinegar before...so not sure...good work on the pistols..their little tiny white hairs coming out....yah?.....and see now your on target on your watering too...easy girl...yay on the nutes mixed seperate too..nice work and keep the pics coming...:hippy:

:ciao:

Yeah some do look like lil white hairs and other green but in a V shape. I don't know about the pics, every time I post one it seems to come out blurry.So don't know how good they are. Aww its sweet to consider me an old pal. Guess we just click huh. I'll have to look thru my notes I have taken when it comes to the vinegar. I read on here it is good for something, I thought it was to get more oxygen or to lower ph...

Maybe just add some h2o2 hydrogen peroxide...to a watering or two....:ciao:

Now that I have made mistakes on Lts and topping, I am wondering how my babies are gonna turn out. Are they just gonna grow straight up? And not fill out?

Whoa you didnt make mistakes here...you just didnt know yet...most peeps dont top or know anything about LSTIng till second grow....LIKE ME included...they will be just as good..alittle taller and less bushing branches..so maybe less colas...NOT a biggy....you just wait theyll be awesome....
:high-five:
:bravo:

*whining* Yeah but then I will have a small yield, one plant will prolly or maybe just make a qt? My goal for this grow is hopefully for each plant to produce at least a half. Or is that shooting too high considering I didn't do these things and being late with the Tiger Bloom and Open Sesame...

Gotta wait for those branches i suppose..i see why you cant get that amount from them yah...i had four plants on my first grow and they hermied and i still got a great yield...just was alot lower in thc because the seeding...AND...i didnt nute until flower...so..just goes to show ya...this round is different and your next grow will be too...you will just have to see doll.....:ciao:

Hopefully the Goddess of the Green will bless me with a decent yield...Still been checking for sex, they still all look like ladies to me. But this is still the first week of flowering, when do they usually show sex? Isn't it in the first week? The first thing I do every day when I get up is check on them. And when I open the closet I can smell their aroma....mmm mmm

Youll see them all soon..yes especially now with the flowering nutes started...do you have a green party bulb to use while they are in the dark??.... That way you can look at them anytime....:ciao:

No, no green bulb. My room is usually pretty dark except for the tv being on. I don't know how that would affect them so I just leave them be during the dark cycle. I guess I would be satisfied if they would fill out a lil more. I am green with envy when I see others grows and how they brag on how theirs have filled out. Compared to theirs mine look like they're on crack..lol

Because they are on crack....ha... No the green bulb doesnt let those spectrums out the plants can recognize....so its safe in moderations...that tv light getting under the door or something could hermie your girls...becareful...Green bulbs at WMart are 4 bux....:hippy:

No, I thought of that and actually put something under the door so that the light from the tv does not get in....Me no want no hermies...lol

After reading the thread about molasses, I ran out and bought some for my girls. I hope they have a sweet tooth...lol...Still up in the air about when to give it to them. I read some give it to them from the beginning of flowering then some say on their 4th or 5th week of flowering. So I boiled some water that I already had sitting out and mixed it up. They're not ready to be fed yet but they will get a treat when they are...lol... On my way back home I found a small square fan that someone set outside, according to the guy it didn't work but my bf wanted to bring it home to check it out. Come to find out, it works just fine...It is now in the closet with my girls and they're swaying in the breeze!!!!!

I went to the dollar store to find more cfls but they only had 13w and 18w, had the nerve to want almost 6 bucks for one bulb. Went to another 99 cent store and found a 30w long cfl for 2 bucks, only had a few bucks on me but tomorrow I am making a dash to HD. I am sure for 6 bucks I can find a pack of cfls there and maybe price some bigger pots....

I got seeds germinating for my second grow, one is showing a lil bit of root and two more are just now trying to crack open. They have been in the cup now for almost 4 days, I think. Do they usually take this long, my first grow seeds popped open in like 24 hours...Just wondering if I should throw them away and start over or if they are just late bloomers....Overall today was a good day, I must admit..

I am as happy as a clam today. Last night I ordered my microscope. So now I can see those pretty little pistils forming. I also ordered Jorge Cervantes Grower's Bible today and went and got 2 more 30w bulbs. Anyone know the conversion for those? My bf said he knows soon as the book gets here my head is gonna be in it. He couldn't be more right. Next week it is more pots and dirt. One of the pots cracked at the bottom, don't know how and a root has started to come through. Is it safe to transfer them to a bigger pot, want 3 gallon ones. I know it will stress them and slow them down a bit but I think a bigger pot will help them out or be an improvement....Thoughts on this, suggestions? Thanks for reading my rant......

Ok Maer, here is a few pics, not sure if you can see but I did the best I could...Also, how many lumens is needed for veg and flowering stages? I have been looking on site but can't seem to find it. I have been taking notes as well so I need this info for that as well. With bulbs I just replaced I have a total of 8600 lumens. And I still have 4 more to replace.

IMG00110-20110902-1323.jpg

0829111354381.jpeg

Queen i would recommend lumens for your 6 girls to be well over 50,000 lumens...i have 10 crammed into a 4x4 spot and only have 60,000...should be more....people have flowered with lots less and have yielded fine im sure....because its Hot Hot Hot ...sorry it was stuck in my head while i was typing this...

50,000 lumens?! Omg, so I need way higher watts then correct? What would you recommend? So will my ladies come out deformed, lanky, and low yield? Well, it is what it is and I am still determined to see it through to the end. Or maybe I should use something else along with the cfls? Once again, your suggestion, Vince. And where have you been mister? I feel neglected....j/k

I always recomend HID like 250, 400, 600w.....best overall yields...um there are some cfls that are alot bigger and are a higher lumens and kalvins...and red spectrums...that people swear by...i love flowering with good old HPS....and vegging with cfls and MH....its never failed me...gosh i just picked up the NYCDeisel today from my club....wooooooh-mama its nicey.....:hippy:

Ok but will using such low lumens slow the growth? I do have one plant that seems to be a Sativa. I was doing comparisons from pics on here. She seems to be shooting pistils outta several places. The others are Indicas and I am seeing growth but just slower. But I know Sativa bloom faster than Indicas.

My bf teases me because when I get something these days I give it a quick inspection before we get started smoking. The first thing I look for is seeds, then go to smell and how hard or soft it is. This site has really taught me a lot in such short time. I can't wait to see what Mr. Cervantes teaches me. But can someone please teach me some damn patience...lol

Back
Top Bottom