Hello

Try a white background, or flat at least. The camera is trying to focus on all the business in the background, which, you should exclude from photographs(you almost got a good shot of your mail), if you intend to remain anonymous.

That looks more like bleaching to me, too much light, too hot, or both. Not that the plant won't be able to handle all that light, it's just not primed, and so suffers. Generally when stepping up the light source, you should raise it away from the plants, and give them a few days to adjust their inner workings.

And, good idea with the side holes, all the pots I use have holes halfway on the side and bottom, on the bottom edge. Actually I'm switching pots completely this winter, I'm using something like the smartpot, or airpot. I believe it's just called meshpot. I found them at a Medical Marijuana Expo(go to one!), some company manufactures them here in Canada. They work super excellent, fastest growth I've ever seen, other than Hydroponics. I'm not buying them though, as they are made from typical fibreglass screen(like windowscreen), I'm just gonna DoItmYself, and maybe sell some to my friends.

As for the air, an open door is good enough ventilation, especially with small grows like yours. The fan really just needs to serves the purpose of air movement around the leaves, and vibration of the stem for strength. Doesn't matter which direction it's blowing, as long as the plants don't dry out too fast.

Every time you're in the room, you bring in extra CO2, so, there should be enough floating around.

See if having nothing behind the plants get's them into focus, though.

Ok Lou, deleted pic. I can't hang the lights above the plant, there is nothing to hang them from so they are placed on the back wall and side wall. The ceiling is very high up. The plants have been under the extra lights for about 4 days now, should I take some of the lights out?

Still couldn't tell sex or if they are ready for flowering stage from pics? I will take more tomorrow, for some reason the site is moving really slow. Not sure if from me or lot of people on site. I actually thought the fan blowing directly on them would keep them from getting too hot, no?

Canada eh? I guess my hometown is across from you on Lake Erie. My Dad use to say if the ice froze hard enough you could walk from Lake Erie to Canada....

You can't tell from pics 2,3, or 7 its sex or if ready for flowering? I am at the beginning of week 6 in veg.....I got majorly paranoid about those hot lights, took them out and put in some 14w cfls. I look it up online and it said one 14w will produce 750 lumens. I also have one that is 38w and another that is 23 w. I did make a call to the garden center and a light store, they want 30-40 bucks for lights that has 2500/6500 lumens. Does that sound about right? If so then I will have to go the cheap route and buy a few more cfls, at the moment I have 6.

Hmmm. I'd say stick with the CFLs you got already. The 38 watt would be better to go with in the future, I think. Take a couple lights out, and introduce one every two days, and continue adding lights until you feel satisfied.

The only time I've dealt with burn is going from MH to Full SUN. They were budding plants too, so sad, but I revegged some of them with good results. First-grow blues. These days, I put plants in the shade when I take them outdoors, and gradually introduce them to the sun.

I've read 2000 lumens/sq.ft is a minimum requirement for veg. For flower, I think it's 3500 lumens/sq.ft minimum, so that's the goal here.

Remember that reflected light is never as intense. So, account for loss of about 40% of your light, minimum. You could be losing lots of light on anything, since it's goes in all directions.

So, try to use about two of those 38 watters per square foot. The common rule of thumb is 50 watt/sq.ft or more. That'll give about 5000 lumens? Again, only half that may reach your plants.

And, to take advantage of that light, put something white around the base of the plant, covering the soil, this will also stop algae growth on top, and minimize the drying effects of the lights and fans.

Your fan can be directly on the plant, just as long as it's not drying out fast.

Lastly, no sex, still too blurry. You might be able to see for yourself, though. The male doesn't come to a point, rather a little curved hair-like piece. The female shows white hairs very quick, so, if you still can't tell a few days later, it's a male.

Look here!

https://www.mmmfaq.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Marijuana-sexing-female-male-1.gif

A few more days, calm down, it's all good, plants need time to work.

Usually someone disagrees with me by now, wtf?

LOL@Lou, give it time, someone may still come along and disagree with you. Or maybe they're just tired of this noob and all my questions. I guess I should be more patient and wait longer for a response, I changed all the bulbs at once. And a minor correction, the 38w turned out to be a 23w. The 38w blew last week. But for some reason seem brighter than the 4 lights I took out. The 4 I add were cfls that were in lights around the house. I was just really scared all that heat would take my plants out. Also thanks for the diagram for sexing. I did some eye balling and to me all my plants look like females. From my lips to the Goddess' ears!!!!

If you only had that CFL for a short time, you can return it and get another I believe. What are the high and low temperatures? or day/night

Dont really know the temps yet since I don't have a thermometer. But my room stays kinda cool since I have an ac in it. And the weather lately has been between 78- 82 degrees....

Just a lil update to let you guys know that I am about to start the flowering stage tonight. I have seen it mentioned on here for a period between 30 to 48 hrs of darkness. Pots are feeling a lil light so I am gonna give them some water before they start. So wish me luck, guys!

yea I dont know about all that 30-48 hours of darkness crap!!! I tried it with my White Widow and it did nothing!!! now at the end of flowering, they say it makes the nugs plump out just a lil more!!! but thats it!!! nature doesn't have a dark period so why would you do it indoor??? I thought about it after I finished up my grow and got ready for my next!!! but do what you want!! everybody is different, this is just my opinion!!!

:goodluck:

:peacetwo:

Aston---Ok, I just thought it was the thing to do since I saw it mentioned on here. Never saw anyone dispute it and being the novice that I am I figure why question it. I surely hope it won't hurt them.

it wont, just not needed!!! i mean the positive that I can see from it is telling it that its going to be time to flower??? i dont know??? lol I know it didn't hurt the White Widow, make sure you keep the room totally dark!!! I mean not even a candle going!!! the only light you can use during it's sleep time is a green bulb!!! it is crucial that it keeps a solid darkness of 12 hours everyday!!!

:peacetwo:

Hey queenie!!! Sup been a few.....so switch the lights already...and youll see sex in less than a week....i just did it in my grow on 10 plants..4 clone and 6 newbies... I only knew one before 12/12(and of course the clones)....on day 5 i seen them all sex out for me...all where females...yay..got 10 this time not 4....you really, really, really need a thermo/room humidity gauge of some kind.. I got and awesome digital one at WMart for 8 bux..it keeps a running hi/low as well for both...lets see get rid of those burnt leaves and make space for more light underneath..make sure those lights are on point now my lady...sounds like your being a little OCD..on the lighting. Use your 23w and get them all on Y's and you have 3 plants so just get like 8 total and thats it...23w(1600 lumens each) will be plenty of light (and heat)... And love you need to be exchanging air... Since your not growing for a distribution center than the cfls are for you...ive used them for everygrow and have dispensary results...ive also never flowered with anything but superHPS though...those temps look alittle hot so make sure your not over 88.. In the mid 80s will honestly be fine..(some result in hermies)(maybe).. Have you set up your area for complete darkness for the 12 off? No light leaks at all? The girls are ready so make sure you are ready for the changes as well....much love for this newbie.. Your doing such a great job love...keep it up...keep it simple my girl..your doing fine...

Ohh and im with astonr...ive done the 30 hrs dark this time going into flower and we'll see what the difference is from my last grow....im skeptical also because of no natural dark period like that...unless the volcano went off down the road....ha i guess its like giving them an extra few hrs of sleep before their big first day....

Yeah, I have gotten a bit OCD about it all. I just want them to bloom. I am not even sure if I care about any males being in there honestly since it is my first grow. I think I want the experience more than anything, ya know. I have 6 plants total, not 3. I see a lot of new leaves and what not. Someone sent me a diagram of male and female so I am guessing from that I may have all females. I thought you could see sex in pre-flower, no?

Exchanging air? Hmm, a bit confused on this because I had mentioned before that I have a fan that has an exhaust but was told that since I keep the door open during the daylight cycle that I really didn't need a fan other than to get the stems to get thicker. Was this misinformation?

Being OCD again about the lights, for now I have 4 14w (which is 750 lumens per cfl) plus a 23w and a 28w. Don't know what the lumens are for those. Next week I plan on hitting up HD for some more.

And yes, I did make the closet light proof and have started them on the dark cycle. I have to say it really is killing me cuz I wanna look at them so bad about now..lol..But I guess I will be a lil preoccupied with this hurricane coming my way tomorrow. It has been awhile since you checked in on me, I just figured you got tired of me and all my questions...lol...But I do appreciate your support and glad to know that I am doing the right thing so far.

Sup love? I Never get tired of getting or giving advice!!! I would never give up on you or anyone at :420:... Your lights look like there at Close to 7000 lumens only!! For 6 plants it's kinda weak!!! But the cfls are right so use them all! The fans sound great dont change them at all!! Start your 12/12 I'm telling you....Also how are you going to handle the smell? Wondering...

Can you post some new, clear pix of the tops and branches to check out those pistols....

Handle the smell? Funny, you should mention that...My bf said he could smell them when he first walked through the door. The only time I smell them is when I close the closet then open it back up. I know there is 2 of them that really gives off an odor. Not really concerned with the smell because my landlord knows I smoke. If he knew I grew it would prolly be a different story..lol...All he really cares about is his rent money.

So if I flip the 14w cfls to all 23w or 28w, I should be good?

Ha, you were posting while I was responding...Yeah, I will try to post some tomorrow when they get done with the dark period. I do have a question about nutes. I have FF Grow Big and Big Bloom but I see people are mentioning Tiger Bloom as well. Do I need that since I have Big Bloom? I posted this question before but no one really answered me.

So love the tiger bloom is only used for later weeks like after 6 weeks! But yes if you have those nutes by FF you should also get tiger bloom and open sesame for flowering!

Back
Top Bottom