Hello

Sorry queen i thought they looked hot and dry!!! You def need to let them dry out inbetween to prevent root rot too...i agree with daze she will perk up!!!

No problem Vince. I only gave them like a cup of water because I was afraid of overwatering. I have also adjusted the fan so now they are really swaying. My patience is getting the best of me now. I want them to start showing pistils and stuff. There are 2 that are doing it but the others are just starting to peek through. I just can't stop looking at them as if it would make them gorw faster! And they're prolly thinking damn will you just leave us alone!

Queen ill tell you what...im more interested in growing this plant than actually smoking her!!!! Its such a relaxing, nuturing, aspect thats its my refuge now...so check them all you want...its better than being a crack head,,,,,sup to all my homies in this thread.......

I like the aspect of growing them too but I get so discouraged when I see other people using some of the same things I am but their plants look so much better than mine. I know a lot factors into that but I can't help but sigh. But it also makes me feel like I am doing something wrong. I know first grow most usually do make mistakes. I will just be so heartbroken if I don't see some good bud by the end of this grow. Guess I will just keep my fingers crossed.

I had 2 of them to close to the light and the leaves burned. Now they are further away but closer to the fan. They sort of look like they're doing a hula dance..lol

Queen dont ever give yourself a bad rap!!! Most peeps only dream about growing a few plants on thier own!!!! Your actually doing it!! My first grow was 4 plants that all flowered and went what i thought was ok... My friends all thought that shit was dope... I had 3 hermie on my firsty which was very discouraging but it smokes awesome still!! Live and learn baby...your next grow will be so amazing only if you follow through on your first grow... How many of your buddies are growing on thier own??? Um nobody,,, thats what i thought....... Your plants look amazing queen keep it up...

Thanks Vince. Actually I do have one friend, my bestie who has decided to throw some seeds in some dirt but she is not dedicated to it like I am. They will prolly grow and die but I can see her now asking me questions. But when I tell her that she has to go in her pocket for nutes, that will be the end of that...lol

I never did think that I would grow anything, I am usually bad with plants even though I use to help my mother back in the day with flowers. I have to admit that I do like growing. I am still not too sure what I am working with, though for the moment, I am calling them all girls. A few have started to pre-flower and some are just starting to show.

Quick Question: Is Vigoro good for vegging and flowering? It says plant food on the bottle but that doesn't really tell me much. And if the slow ones haven't gone into pre-flower like the others should I let it veg a lil longer? They still have 2 weeks left of veg cycle so I am hoping the slow ones will show some improvement. Or should I keep them in veg til they pre-flower like the others?

So queen have you started 12/12 yet? If not, switch it over and you'll see them show sex in less than 14 days!! as for the Vigoro it is mostley time release and I'm not a fan!! You should only be giving phos and potash right now with a lite nitrogens.. You are on a budget i know and should look for something like this.....0(tiny nitrogen)-16(and up)-18(and up) I'm using 5-45-30

Use hydrogen peroxide!! Can't recall if anyone has told you this, but to make sure there is no root rot and to get rid of any pathogens, put 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons of H202(hydrogen peroxide) in a gallon of water to be put in the soil.

H2O2 adds extra oxygen to the water which kills anaerobic bacteria that rot the roots, and oxygen helps increase nutrient uptake.

Next time you water, and regularly afterwards, every 2nd or 3rd watering.

Something I learned a couple days ago.

Oh, and it you're plants might look spindly because of genetics. I've got some Romulan which started like a straight stick with leaves, but started to branch out a lot more as it got taller, and the internodes, now that falls coming, have shortened dramatically.
I just hope it has a good yield, like they say it does in high times, and has a knockout punch, again, like they say it does in high times.

And, I recommend bending them, you'll stimulate side growth and bring more growing points closer to the lights, meaning more bud. CFL and LST work together. I think.

I'll keep posting random info!

Nice suggestn lou...i recomend this h2o2 not only like he suggests but for controling gnat larve...and gnat related issues...Do Not Use this h2o2 in flowering!!!!! Its strictly a
Veg-reg only....

Thanks for the info, Lou and Vince. How does one go about bending them? And what part am I suppose to be bending? Do I mix the peroxide in with the nutrients or do it in a seperate container? No, Vince I haven't started the 12/12 cycle yet due to switching the lights so I decided to give them another week of veg. Speaking of lights, I sent my bf out to get me some stronger watt cfls and he came back with some big white coated reflector lights that someone told him could be used for growing. I am not sure about them. I know they do get hot as hell and have burned 2 of my plants. I will post a pic of the lights. Should I take off the leaves that were burned?

I am super psyched today. I did find a garden place to go to that carries everything I need including FF products. I was so giddy when I walked in there and didn't wanna leave! *lol* I did buy some FF Grow Big(6-4-4) and FF Big Bloom (0.1-0.3-0.7). Plus I got my BNP products today too but I am saving that for my second grow so I can journal it!!! I think I should be good on the nutes for a minute, right? I also got a timer. I was the timer and it was reeking havoc on my beauty sleep...*lol*..So, my next trip will be getting more soil, FFOF, more lights if needed, ph meter, and some pots with holes. Yeah, I know but 2 of the pots I have does have holes, not sure if I can put holes in the ones that don't since it may stress the plant. Oh yeah, which nutes should I give them since they are now on their 6th week of veg.

Today was a good day! Thanks for letting me rant.

the light.....
IMG00089-20110822-1657.jpg

I wouldn't mix the H2O2 with nutes, might do something bad, but look up Stilletto, he's got some good info.

Have you checked out the How to Grow section?

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Use the command+f on mac or ctrl+f on windows to find something quickly, as there is lots of information.

Very informative. I don't know why I've spent all this time typing out just basic information, when you can just find way more detailed info there.

But, to contradict myself. Tie a piece of twine or wire wrapped in cloth/tape to a strong enough internode close to the top. The goal is to get much of the stem horizontal, without breaking. If you fold the stem don't worry, leave it tied to whatever, the side pot, a stick in the soil or the stem itself, and the fold will become even stronger.

And, unless more than half of the leaf is burnt you should leave it on, it will still grow and produce food for the plant.

As for the food for the plant, you should keep it on veg until you switch the lights.

Lastly, all pots need holes, the draining water sucks oxygen into the roots, allowing for better nutrient uptake, and decreasing risk of pathogens in your soil. And also allows you to flush out the nutrient salts which will eventually burn your plant.

Thanks for the info, Lou. No leaves aren't half burnt, just a finger since that is what they remind me of. So it is not wise to try to make holes in the pot since it will stress the plant right? Anything on the light? Or maybe my pic wasn't up by the time you posted? I do believe I have read that thread and have it bookmarked but I will double check for sure. Well, I appreciate you writing it all out for me because some times the thread in question will be not put things in simple terms for me.

That light looks incandescent, but I can't be sure. If it feels like it's producing more heat than light, it's bad, unless you need heat. Since your plants are already stressed keep the heat down, your CFLs should be four or five inches away until recovered, and if those really are incandescent, don't bother with them, they are useless.

Does the light have a ballast like the other CFLs?

Haha, I'm missing your next post while I reply to the last.

That's good if only finger is burnt, the leaf should be fine. And, yes, you need to drill holes in the pot, asap, won't be as much stress as salt buildup and pathogens, is what I meant.

hahaha Lou...Ok holes have been put in 3 of them then put butter bowls underneath them. I know it sounds ghetto but working with what I have around the house til I can get back to garden store to buy the proper pots. Prolly around the beginning of next month which will also be their time to start flowering.

I did notice that 2 of them started to drain as soon as holes were put in, kinda a light rusty color? I'll take a pic of liquid tomorrow. Draining is a good thing but also means I overwatered them huh? The Noob Syndrome.....lol

I use stuff given to me by old growers, but, I like how growers on this site find ways to take household items and turn them into fully functional growing devices of all sorts. The type of stuff they sell for outrageous prices, is easily made at home for $20 or something easy to handle.

DIY is the way to go.

Lou--- what do you mean by ballast? I did try to look the word up but did not find a definition in regards to what we do here. All I know is that it screws in like a cfl light does. I wish I knew some old growers. Only knew of one but she passed and I am sure her hubby is prolly still growing....

Uh, the part that isn't the bulb on a CFL, the plastic or ceramic half, is the ballast.
It contains electronics to step up the voltage enough to excite the gases inside. Most of the lights used in growing have some sort of ballast, except for incandescent, which isn't used regularly.
On another not about ballasts, I was reading that if you operate some CFLs in a base-up(hanging down with the ballast up) position, they burn out a lot quicker than they're rated lifespan. HID bulbs have a recommended burning position as well, if not used in a properly oriented reflector, will flicker or not burn as brightly, and might even explode. Just something to think about and look into.

Um, a better test is, if you can touch the bulb quickly without getting burnt, it's a fluoro. If you can't it's incandescent. I've been burned by every incandescent I come into contact with, but fluoros take a second or two to become even uncomfortable. Make sure the bulb has been on for a while before doing the test.

And, people with gardens often have lots of pots in a shed or something, not being used. Ask around, you might save a few dollars.

Just a bit of an update....Something is going on for sure, a lil good and some bad. I always like to start with the bad first. I think some of the girls have gotten nute burn but you guys can tell me for sure once you look at the pics. The one that is drooping is drooping even more...The good news or at least I hope so, is I think they are ready to start the flowering cycle, once again input needed on this as well. The good news is it seems like since I did give them some nutes that preflowers have come in even more. My tallest plant is now 16 inches when just a few days ago it was only 14 inches. Still am not sure of sex yet maybe you will notice from pics.

Lou, well the light does not have ceramic like the cfl but metal bottom like a regular light bulb and look yellowish white, if that makes sense? I do have a neighbor next door who seems to do stuff in her garden maybe next time I see her I will ask otherwise it is 3 bucks for a 3 or 5 gallon pot. Not complaining just saying....

This is the stuff that drained out from just 2 of the plants....
IMG00100-20110823-1524.jpg

IMG00099-20110823-1519.jpg

Can you tell if its a boy or girl or ready for flowering stage?

IMG00098-20110823-1517.jpg

IMG00097-20110823-1516.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG00095-20110823-1515.jpg[/img

[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG00093-20110823-1513.jpg

IMG00091-20110823-1512.jpg

IMG00090-20110823-1512.jpg

I did put holes on the bottom of the pots that didn't have any but also added holes to the side of the pot. My thinking was well if I put holes on the bottom and sit them down, how can they get air, right? I am trying to problem solve on my own but I wanna make sure that I am on point or not....Question about my fan, remember I said it is a huge one that usually sits in window but is now in the doorway in front of plants blowing on medium. It is one fan that has the option to blow air out or exhaust air, should I use the exhaust air? During their daylight cycle I do keep the closet door open so do I need to use the exhaust at all? And if so for how long? I have been keeping the air blowing on them during their daylight cycle. I have also noticed that the stalk has gotten much thicker as well.

So let me have it, I can take it...lol

Just a bit of an update....Something is going on for sure, a lil good and some bad. I always like to start with the bad first. I think some of the girls have gotten nute burn but you guys can tell me for sure once you look at the pics. The one that is drooping is drooping even more...The good news or at least I hope so, is I think they are ready to start the flowering cycle, once again input needed on this as well. The good news is it seems like since I did give them some nutes that preflowers have come in even more. My tallest plant is now 16 inches when just a few days ago it was only 14 inches. Still am not sure of sex yet maybe you will notice from pics.

Lou, well the light does not have ceramic like the cfl but metal bottom like a regular light bulb and look yellowish white, if that makes sense? I do have a neighbor next door who seems to do stuff in her garden maybe next time I see her I will ask otherwise it is 3 bucks for a 3 or 5 gallon pot. Not complaining just saying....

This is the stuff that drained out from just 2 of the plants....
IMG00100-20110823-1524.jpg

IMG00099-20110823-1519.jpg

Can you tell if its a boy or girl or ready for flowering stage?

IMG00098-20110823-1517.jpg

IMG00095-20110823-1515.jpg

IMG00093-20110823-1513.jpg

IMG00091-20110823-1512.jpg

IMG00090-20110823-1512.jpg

I did put holes on the bottom of the pots that didn't have any but also added holes to the side of the pot. My thinking was well if I put holes on the bottom and sit them down, how can they get air, right? I am trying to problem solve on my own but I wanna make sure that I am on point or not....Question about my fan, remember I said it is a huge one that usually sits in window but is now in the doorway in front of plants blowing on medium. It is one fan that has the option to blow air out or exhaust air, should I use the exhaust air? During their daylight cycle I do keep the closet door open so do I need to use the exhaust at all? And if so for how long? I have been keeping the air blowing on them during their daylight cycle. I have also noticed that the stalk has gotten much thicker as well.

So let me have it, I can take it...lol

Back
Top Bottom