Hello!

Yes, I tried coco in autopots. Ended up with a load of issues so put them in the shower and flushed the hell out of them with the shower head, then with pH'd water with H2O2 to flush a bit more, then started top feeding and everything went well from there. The autopt trays then just became a little runoff collector for me to drain. I want to try again sometime but I'd add H2O2 regularly and feed a lower ppm. Also add more perlite or clay pebbles to the coco.
Nice

I'm using OCTOpots though. 🙃

Sort of the same as far as bottom feeding. Auto pots use a string style wick, correct?

Yeah can't beat bluelab and tds I'd fine does the same thing. I just had a look at your medium.. it doesn't giver percentages but.

Screenshot_20230926-170950.png

If you emptied the Res and just fed water for a while it would use the salts and do what you want but it will just be a longer guessing game. Testing that run off and resetting will give you great inside, a faster fix and prepare you better next time. Ive seen that some people flush before flower then start fresh again just to prevent issues at the most important time.

Yeah I understand the method and with you now on the medium if some of your medium is submerged then the water around it should give a decent tds and pH reading if you can get your pen's in down there?

Are you useing the TPS range for everything or just CMAG?

Yeah can't beat bluelab and tds I'd fine does the same thing. I just had a look at your medium.. it doesn't giver percentages but.

Screenshot_20230926-170950.png

If you emptied the Res and just fed water for a while it would use the salts and do what you want but it will just be a longer guessing game. Testing that run off and resetting will give you great inside, a faster fix and prepare you better next time. Ive seen that some people flush before flower then start fresh again just to prevent issues at the most important time.

Yeah I understand the method and with you now on the medium if some of your medium is submerged then the water around it should give a decent tds and pH reading if you can get your pen's in down there?

Are you useing the TPS range for everything or just CMAG?

I should be able to lift the lid on the res to get some readings near the wick.

It's definitely getting close to the stretch being done (I hope! Lol), in the 3rd wk since the flip now and she's starting to toss pistels everywhere.

Been taking tds readings after adding cal mag (thinking I might not be adding enough, scared to add too much..), then again after adding feed. 380ish is what I'm seeing before adding to the res. Was less the last time I filled it up last Friday.

Maybe I could drain the res, and do like 1/4 tsp and let the plant eat what's already in the soil? If it starts recovering, then slowly ramp up into the bloom nutes?

I should be able to lift the lid on the res to get some readings near the wick.

It's definitely getting close to the stretch being done (I hope! Lol), in the 3rd wk since the flip now and she's starting to toss pistels everywhere.

Been taking tds readings after adding cal mag (thinking I might not be adding enough, scared to add too much..), then again after adding feed. 380ish is what I'm seeing before adding to the res. Was less the last time I filled it up last Friday.

Maybe I could drain the res, and do like 1/4 tsp and let the plant eat what's already in the soil? If it starts recovering, then slowly ramp up into the bloom nutes?
Yeah 3 weeks you should be near done unless it's a solid sativa they can be crazy! 🤣 especially when loaded with pistils.

Yeah around 400ish is a good place to be should give your liquid some balance and stop that swing so much.. I'm not sure you would need too much CMAG though as your not in Coco we need it for cation exchange aswell but your just buffering RO and compensating for LEDs. I'm unsure on your medium as to how it acts.. I know peat moss can be acidic but your going the other way.

Week three or at pistils I would be swapping nutes completely to bloom feeds and cutting that nitrogen. Also from your Res to your octos to you not have a stop valve? As it would make life easier.

@VetSmoke85

How much h202 would you recommend per gal? I did pick some up, but am not sure how much to use. 🤦‍♂️
Depends on the % of the H2O2 you have. I can't remember off the top of my head. I just did a quick Google search and followed those recommendations. It was the only coco grow I've done.

Week three or at pistils I would be swapping nutes completely to bloom feeds and cutting that nitrogen
This was/is my plan this Friday. At the advice of the same octopot grower forum I've been using, they say to let the octopots go nearly dry, then fill and feed at the same time. Makes it really easy. I filled last Friday (6 gallons), and they've nearly taken in 4 gallons as of last night already. So maybe I'll try to drain the res, then refill with plain water to the level it was at before draining (buffered with some cal mag to hopefully stop any big ph swings). Then plan on switching to bloom nutes once they're empty again later this week, but only giving like 1/4 dose to the chemdog plant.

Also from your Res to your octos to you not have a stop valve

I didnt pick up the auto fill part of the system. Each sleeve has a 6 gallon 'res' under it and the wick it attached to the sleeve. The auto fill side does have valves and stuff.

So I just mix up water + feed in a 16 gallon plastic keg tub, then use a transfer pump to fill the res.

Gotcha. Think I have the typical 3% strength.

Also have some hydroguard, but wasn't sure I needed it or not. lol

Im such a rookie.. 😆 🤦‍♂️
Don't worry about it mate. I still feel like a rookie at times. But that's part of what makes this hobby fun.

Don't worry about it mate. I still feel like a rookie at times. But that's part of what makes this hobby fun.
It's been a Rollercoaster so far!

Winter is closing in on my area in the next month or 2, so am trying to get these ladies across the finish line around late Oct.

Haven't found a good way to exhaust hot humid air out my window without creating a huge icicle and constant steam cloud like I'm running my clothes dryer 24/7. 😆

I actually used 2 extinguishers trying to put it out.
All that got me was smoke inhalation and burned.
Couldn't see a thing because of smoke.
Barely made it out.
Fire men had to come in and put it out.
Saved the house and flooded it. :rolleyes:
6 days before the sale closed. :rofl:
All good now. :thumb:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
I thought 💭 you lost the house but I happy to learn that you didn’t. CL🍀. :thumb: :woohoo:

I thought 💭 you lost the house but I happy to learn that you didn’t. CL🍀. :thumb: :woohoo:
Managed to save it but smoke a water damage were bad.
No worries though we are all safe.
Could have been much worse. :rolleyes:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Octopots are a passive wicking system, so I can't turn it off. A net cup filled with soil sits in the reservoir (water + feed), which wicks moisture and nutes up into the fabric sleeve. Dry on the very top, and gets moister moving closer to the res.
Hi Lowender, welcome to 420. Your plants are beautiful and don't look like a rooky grow! You've done your research well.

Have you seen how many people here are growing the SIP method? You may find the SIP thread of interest given your use of Octopots.

One more thing. 420 Mag hosts monthly contests with amazing prizes. The more you interact on the site, the more points you score, enabling you to enter the contests and send messages. They run plant, journal, nug, photo and member of the month contests. They've introduced a shroom section too if yer into mushies.

Have a great time and see you around the site :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom