hello

justchillin18

Hello to everyone I live in RI and my doctor does not approve of medicinal marijuana how do I find a doctor who will? I suffer from Fibromyalgia, bursitis, arthritis, tendinitis, IBS, I also have disc degenerative disease, also just had rotator cuff surgery and median elbow surgery and I also suffer from depression.

Howdy and welcome :cheesygrinsmiley:

Not many from RI
but we'll try and find some info for Ya' :bong:

That wasn't too hard :cheesygrinsmiley:
NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws - NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws
NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws - NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws
Rhode Island
SUMMARY: The Edward O. Hawkins and Thomas C. Slater Medical Marijuana Act took effect immediately upon passage on January 3, 2006. The law removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who possess "written certification" from their physician stating, "In the practitioner's professional opinion, the potential benefits of the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the health risks for the qualifying patient." Patients diagnosed with the following illnesses are afforded legal protection under this act: cachexia; cancer; glaucoma; Hepatitis C; severe, debilitating, chronic pain; severe nausea; seizures, including but not limited to, those characteristic of epilepsy; or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to, those characteristic of multiple sclerosis or Crohn's Disease; or agitation of Alzheimer's Disease. Other conditions are subject to approval by the Rhode Island Department of Health. Patients (and/or their primary caregivers) may legally possess 2.5 ounces of cannabis and/or 12 plants, and their cannabis must be stored in an indoor facility. The law establishes a mandatory, confidential state-run patient registry that issues identification cards to qualifying patients. Patients who do not register with the Department of Health, but have received certification from their physician to use medicinal cannabis, may raise an affirmative defense at trial.

AMENDMENTS: Yes.

In June 2007, the Rhode Island House and Senate enacted legislation eliminating the sunset clause of the The Edward O. Hawkins and Thomas C. Slater Medical Marijuana Act, making the provisional program permanent

CONTACT INFORMATION: Home: Department of Health
Application Forms are available at www.health.ri.gov/hsr/mmp/index.php or by visiting room 104 at the Health Department, 3 Capitol Hill, Providence.

More helpful information can be found here: Medical Marijuana in Rhode Island: RIPAC is Rhode Island's grassroots medical marijuana community of patients, caregivers, doctors, and advocates. Learn about the Rhode Island Medical Marijuana Act and obtaining a medical marijuana license in Rhode Island..

Ya' see it up there

Right? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom