Hellzbound first Scrog Grow

NICE GROW..DAMN HOW MANY STRAINS are you woorking with?and what r they?

Sup,Heres whats in there about 32 total Plants,Strains are Lemon Kush ,master Kush x Og,Blue dream,Herojuana,sour bubble,Sour diesel X bubble,I wanted One or 2 strains, But I couldn't get my hands on 36 clones of the same strain,so i settle for this,Next time i wont do it this way..Anyway i keep you posted..:peace:

looks great either way. I've done the mutiple strain thing. did the peeps you got your ladies from give you any info on them.like flowering times or any other info beside a name? One clinic that i use to go 2 before they were forced 2 shut down use to give small print outs with them.Flowering, strain name, and suggested veg time.I mean it was pretty thorough. But hey that was that. N e ways this helped me buy multiples and have them finish and feed the same way. just a suggestion, make ask themthese details anytime you go to buy clones from a club.This will allow you to do great multiple strain grows, thats if your doing hydro. Otherwise soil is more forgiving with multi grows.

:goodjob:Great set-up hellzbound! :Rasta:I am a fan of the AF's myself, after making numerous diy styles......you cant beat those GH spray lines........ I replace them every 3-4 grows; imo, they beat out any spay/mist rig set-up hands down, unless of course your talking TAG, with all $$high-pressure fittings, etc.... The GH's are built pretty flimsy really, but they're off and running right out of the box.
How deep are you running your solution in the channels? I've heard many different ways people do it--I am sure they all work too..... I prefer to run it about 1/2" at the shallow end, right on through the end and flush with it about 2" deep or just below the baskets...

Something you may already be considering is vegging......I clone in a diy aero-cloner, to a diy aero-veg unit in the net pots. The as soon as roots are out of the hydroton into 12/12 they go.......rarely over 6" tall and finish about 30"(AK, WW). Going into flower any later......well, because of space limitations on these systems, it becomes a jungle of a mess real quick as I am sure your seeing......you almost need a real short indica, but then there are too many leafs, haha......

I 've always used Canna Nutes since I've been in hydro.......then once I started running these AF's I took a step that I thought would be backwards..... I tried the ol' GH Flora Series nutes......then the KoolBloom(liquid). Well, I must not get something because useing these nutes(modified LucasFormula) I've yet to not double the final weight......and so cheap!
So are you cloning anything right now?
That is real cool that your running Co2, something I 've yet to try.

Well, :nicethread:, and I am sorry if I am hijacking....it just cool to see another AF user and hear how it goes! Dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions or want any ideas----after all, this is my first post, haha:grinjoint:

:peace:gman
Sup bro,i like the system,things i Hate about it are them GH spray lines,Yes i agree with you, out the Box works fine,but like you said,you have to replace them lines,i just dont trust them hah,Iv already had mine clogged,Almost killed me Off,So i will Modify my Aero with them high pressure fittings and spray Jets Next Time For Sure,and i wont put 6 different strains in there ever again because its a mess,Hell i only Veg them for 2 weeks then put in flower and looks like a nightmare of Green,Really messy and out of control,im running out of light the stretch is killing me,some plants have grown 3 feet over the canopy,yeah 3 feet and still growing,usually by now they level off just flower without all the upward growth,of coarse that's with my Drip system,not this aero set up,im not complaining im just really surprised on how fast this grows compared to my Last set up..I think it will be Fine thou we will wait and see..I know someone already done what iv done whops,Who are you? no names required. And How did it turn out for you?PM me or Post up:popcorn:

suggestion: top your sativas and get a hardwood rooting hormone depending on the age for that tops that way when they root you'll have a decent size plants to either flower or grow out for clones.and this will also promote horizontal branching instead of vertical.Just a suggestion though

looks great either way. I've done the mutiple strain thing. did the peeps you got your ladies from give you any info on them.like flowering times or any other info beside a name? One clinic that i use to go 2 before they were forced 2 shut down use to give small print outs with them.Flowering, strain name, and suggested veg time.I mean it was pretty thorough. But hey that was that. N e ways this helped me buy multiples and have them finish and feed the same way. just a suggestion, make ask themthese details anytime you go to buy clones from a club.This will allow you to do great multiple strain grows, thats if your doing hydro. Otherwise soil is more forgiving with multi grows.
Thanks Butcher for the info,Yeah i have to google these strains no info came with,Next time i will get flowing times,even if i have to google before adding the strain to my aero setup,and i wont ever do more then 2 strain in there again...I mean NEVER, Bad Idea to anyone trying what iv done...I guess it could be good or Bad Depends on what your after and i cleary hate a mess and thats what i have now,sure it looks good,but that not the Point what ever point im trying to make..:popcorn:

well hey whats done is done.Youll have a nice veriety soon enough.
Very True,Heres an update this is the Beginning of week 3,i got a date im shooting for so theres still along way to go, October 8th will be at around 9 weeks so give or take a week or so..
beginning_week_3.JPG
:cool:

Yeah if you cut those clones now and have them be nice and big you'll get a supreme quick turn around on the next one.No veg time with big girls.........

Yeah, I agree with this, that's for sure. No veg........ I kind of just screwd myself as the girls I put in 12/12 last night are about 12" and have a good week + veg...... I am debating topping them still.......but then I worry about the crowding(and I use a pvc stand/frame to spread them appart with) as it almost was an issue last time.....(thinking I got some pics into the gallery last night if you want to see). It gets to where I have to cut all the big leafs and most of the branches and still crowds, haha.........I was never one to cut anything after turning to 12/12......But the point is that when you get it down timing wise, you'll be set!! I still cant get it, haha---but been building new cloners and veggers.......now timing, and then fire up a new 30!:icon_roll

Something else: I 've really had the problems running more than one strain, seeings how you bring that up.....:smokin: My first run in this system a year ago was a mix of SS and MoonFlower, that I had been growing in soil for years. They were too different in structure, took nutes totally different, and I lost the MF(by choice). The SS ran great one time.......when it was by itself and I paid attn to it. Now I am running Serious's AK47 and G13's WW....I got through the last run great, quantity wise, but fried them both so bad.......it is embarrassing, lol! They ran great on their own.... I did a run of each, then tried to mix....... The AK is better smoking smoke(sweeter), but the WW kicked ass and trippled the amount I usually get.....is potent sh*t, just cant contain the smell(new problem!!:grinjoint:).
I am quite sure if you find similar strains they'll run together; you may have to play with it a bit---maybe throw an odd one in each time or something until you hit the match......

I love the spray lines!!<---is the ONLY thing keeping me from doing it completely diy, and the level tubes. The lines are $10(I think that's for 2) and no problems running them 3-4 times....it depends on the nutes you use....need clean/clear.......the salts flush right out when your flushing/cleaning system inbetween runs(I use 10ml Clearex or 15-20ml of Flora Kleen the last week of flush too---helps disolve it all, other than just flush the plants).

I've pretty much givin up on my 5 channel diy.....too many issues to deal with, and imo, they do not replicate what the AF does. It's ALL in the spray lines......where you aim them and how they react with the nft and depth of it. And you want to run it deeper than you may think. At the very least, experiment around with everything.

Do you have a fan set up in the ends? I am going to do that this time through as I waited to long last time and couldn't even get under there, haha! But I think it may be of help to have a fan angled upward a bit from one end towards the other, kind of. That's something you cant do on a table or in a pot:smokin:
And yes, the growth rate is unreal.....(is why I am worried about the ones I just put in)......same with the budding, once it starts.<---the SS I've done for years seems to take longer to get going on the buds, everything else seems quicker. It was interesting to see them growing side by side for those reasons if nothing else........ But you know what.........everything coming out of this unit has finished, on average, 5-7 days sooner than anything I've done before, go figure.........

who am I, hahaha!! I have no affiliation with GH or thier AF, haha!!:grinjoint:
That's right, I am noob here......... 3-4 post and I am off running my mouth, eh.....Cant pm yet until 25. Was going to send you a link where my pic are at, but I 'll start getting some on this site if there's any interest. After the past few years of playing around and experimenting, I am now ready to see if I can max out two AF's for most of next year( a 30 and 20) though I am only going to have 2400wts to work with(4x600) and the 30 siter really needs 3x 600............(<----I am STUCK with only 4 because of wife!!)haha, was just going to be one, then two, but wait...if we had three...........you guys know:grinjoint:

Holy )*(&! Sorry, I dont get out much!! Let me know and I can come back and delete this rattling!! No prob!!
Sorry for the book, Hellzbound!! I 'll go away, lol:smokin:

gman:peace:

Yeah, I agree with this, that's for sure. No veg........ I kind of just screwd myself as the girls I put in 12/12 last night are about 12" and have a good week + veg...... I am debating topping them still.......but then I worry about the crowding(and I use a pvc stand/frame to spread them appart with) as it almost was an issue last time.....(thinking I got some pics into the gallery last night if you want to see). It gets to where I have to cut all the big leafs and most of the branches and still crowds, haha.........I was never one to cut anything after turning to 12/12......But the point is that when you get it down timing wise, you'll be set!! I still cant get it, haha---but been building new cloners and veggers.......now timing, and then fire up a new 30!:icon_roll

Something else: I 've really had the problems running more than one strain, seeings how you bring that up.....:smokin: My first run in this system a year ago was a mix of SS and MoonFlower, that I had been growing in soil for years. They were too different in structure, took nutes totally different, and I lost the MF(by choice). The SS ran great one time.......when it was by itself and I paid attn to it. Now I am running Serious's AK47 and G13's WW....I got through the last run great, quantity wise, but fried them both so bad.......it is embarrassing, lol! They ran great on their own.... I did a run of each, then tried to mix....... The AK is better smoking smoke(sweeter), but the WW kicked ass and trippled the amount I usually get.....is potent sh*t, just cant contain the smell(new problem!!:grinjoint:).
I am quite sure if you find similar strains they'll run together; you may have to play with it a bit---maybe throw an odd one in each time or something until you hit the match......

I love the spray lines!!<---is the ONLY thing keeping me from doing it completely diy, and the level tubes. The lines are $10(I think that's for 2) and no problems running them 3-4 times....it depends on the nutes you use....need clean/clear.......the salts flush right out when your flushing/cleaning system inbetween runs(I use 10ml Clearex or 15-20ml of Flora Kleen the last week of flush too---helps disolve it all, other than just flush the plants).

I've pretty much givin up on my 5 channel diy.....too many issues to deal with, and imo, they do not replicate what the AF does. It's ALL in the spray lines......where you aim them and how they react with the nft and depth of it. And you want to run it deeper than you may think. At the very least, experiment around with everything.

Do you have a fan set up in the ends? I am going to do that this time through as I waited to long last time and couldn't even get under there, haha! But I think it may be of help to have a fan angled upward a bit from one end towards the other, kind of. That's something you cant do on a table or in a pot:smokin:
And yes, the growth rate is unreal.....(is why I am worried about the ones I just put in)......same with the budding, once it starts.<---the SS I've done for years seems to take longer to get going on the buds, everything else seems quicker. It was interesting to see them growing side by side for those reasons if nothing else........ But you know what.........everything coming out of this unit has finished, on average, 5-7 days sooner than anything I've done before, go figure.........

who am I, hahaha!! I have no affiliation with GH or thier AF, haha!!:grinjoint:
That's right, I am noob here......... 3-4 post and I am off running my mouth, eh.....Cant pm yet until 25. Was going to send you a link where my pic are at, but I 'll start getting some on this site if there's any interest. After the past few years of playing around and experimenting, I am now ready to see if I can max out two AF's for most of next year( a 30 and 20) though I am only going to have 2400wts to work with(4x600) and the 30 siter really needs 3x 600............(<----I am STUCK with only 4 because of wife!!)haha, was just going to be one, then two, but wait...if we had three...........you guys know:grinjoint:

Holy )*(&! Sorry, I dont get out much!! Let me know and I can come back and delete this rattling!! No prob!!
Sorry for the book, Hellzbound!! I 'll go away, lol:smokin:

Thanks growinman,after reading a little more i guess you got me on them lines,i will replace them like you suggested,I bought my aero used so the lines were used, also no telling how many times they used them,i didn't know you should replace them,i just thought they looked cheap,and since mine clogged already i figured i make it better next time,Well next time i will just replace those lines..:thanks::peace:

Looking good, Hellzbound!! Yeah, they can get to be a mess real quick and next to impossible to get to out in the middle, as with most ScrOGs I suppose. I can only imagine how quick those get to drinking up your nute mix....speaking of; what do you do as far as nutes? And do you top it off with straight water and redo the whole res once a week, or...??

Oh, and just to confirm with you: I've never heard your supposed to change out those spray lines..... I just found that it made the whole thing run like new and at a very cheap price---not much more than replacing spray tips. I had just noticed that once I had cleaned them a few times they were never the same again and also seemed more prone to plug up.......and didn't seem to have the same (exploding)effect when contacting the nft........ all IMO, as well.....

:ganjamon:Looking awesome in there!! Looking forward to a top side pic too:grinjoint:

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Take photo post tommor,Another thing i was curious about was the water level ,The bottom of the Cups are sitting in about 1/2 in water is this to high or should i lower it?

Back
Top Bottom