Help 1st Timer Hydro DWC GG4 Autoflower & Soul Side-By-Side

What is your PPM of filtered water and PPM of nutrient solution. The white haze is minerals falling out of solution. Either the mixing order is wrong or the total minerals are too high. A high starting PPM of the water limits how much mineral can be added to it.
Really? My drip ring had that from the beginning too when then PPMs were only 300 - and yup, I KNOW they were mixed in the correct order and they were allowed to sit between addition of each successive nutrient.

Really? My drip ring had that from the beginning too when then PPMs were only 300 - and yup, I KNOW they were mixed in the correct order and they were allowed to sit between addition of each successive nutrient.

I have only seen water go that cloudy a few times. When the plant drank the water and left the salts. When I was smoking and mixed strait tap water and dumped in nutes to 2400 PPM, oops. When I wring the water out of the roots after harvest.

So did you figure out what caused it or dose it still do that at start up? Did you dump and flush then it went away? I experimented on a half dozen plants with drip rings but found they were to finicky for me.

Nope, no idea whats doing it to the drip ring but its still doing it - but my plant seems to be doing just fine despite that … take a look!

cjsbabygirl313 I think we may be talking bought two different things. The mineral deposits on the drip ring and splash zone are normal. I was referring to the pic of his res. Yours looks clear the journal pic I saw. His has definite white haze and build up on the inside walls. Is that normal in your experience with rings?​

cjsbabygirl313 I think we may be talking bought two different things. The mineral deposits on the drip ring and splash zone are normal. I was referring to the pic of his res. Yours looks clear the journal pic I saw. His has definite white haze and build up on the inside walls. Is that normal in your experience with rings?​

Sorry … guess I missed something somewhere *lol*

Yeah, I dont have that buildup on the inside of my res walls either

I am starting over today because my seeds just popped. I am going to purchase distilled water and mix my nutes in order as was suggested, and then get the PH RIGHT LAST.

Virginia old-timer using GG4 for PTSD & ADD. Ive only ever done one grow and that was GG4 Auto outside.

I am looking for a step-by-step grow journal for the following:

GG4 feminized
4X4 Grow Tent
Fan
Atwater Hydropod 5 gallon DWC top drip
Potting soil Happy Frog
Fox Farm 3 Pack 14049
Flower Fuel 1-34-1
Spider Farmer Grow Light LED 1000
VIVOSUN Air & Ventilation System
PH Meter

I'd like to grow one Hydro and three potted soil grows

Any journal step-by-step instructions would be golden
I started over using 1/2 the nutes and everything is fine now:

It's been quite a while since you posted, what's happened with the plants?
Now I am dealing with yellow spots and drooping leaves my PH is 5.8

66A74FBC-9FB9-4060-8C6E-FB12F63DB88F.jpeg

E3D931FF-B826-41F7-83F1-FA59D010F0E0.jpeg

I have a couple of questions based on last picture?

What's the water level inside the DWC bucket?

Is there a reason you're still top feeding? The roots should be long enough by now to stop the top feed, and run it as DWC (where the submerged roots do the feeding).

How much cal mag is in the solution? Do you know roughly the PPM of the added cal mag?

If you're able to answer that'll give us a good picture of what's going on:)

I have a couple of questions based on last picture?

What's the water level inside the DWC bucket?
I just changed the water and the level is at the top.

I am using all Foxfarm products I’ll post a picture.

Is there a reason you're still top feeding? The roots should be long enough by now to stop the top feed, and run it as DWC (where the submerged roots do the feeding).

How much cal mag is in the solution? Do you know roughly the PPM of the added cal mag?

If you're able to answer that'll give us a good picture of what's going on:)

I just changed the water and the level is at the top.

I am using all Foxfarm products I’ll post a picture.
Ok, well there's one problem found! Your water level should be about an inch or so from the net basket. You need that air gap between the bottom of the net cup and water level. And keep the drip ring turned off now.

Once lowered it won't take long to see some improvements.

You're going to need to buy some cal mag. While I'm not familiar with FoxFarm products (as in I haven't used them), you can buy a bottle from them or another manufacturer. Just try to get one that has a low Nitrogen count. So when you look at the NPK, you'll want something like a 1-0-0 for the cal mag. Your going to want to try adding 100PPM worth of cal mag as a start point, from there you can determine if more or less is needed based on the plants response.

Dayum Virginia. that’s a healthy….. and what the hey…. I do appreciate the tip!!!

I won MOTM contest last year and have a slew of their gear un-opened. I normally run living organic soil but have 90 gallons of new Faux Mix soil in plastic trash barrels that would go nice with a Prescription Blend run.

that’s a beast…. but unless you’ve got 10 foot ceilings you better get to flipping the lights soon!

Back
Top Bottom