Help 1st Timer Hydro DWC GG4 Autoflower & Soul Side-By-Side

Virginia41560

420 Member
Virginia old-timer using GG4 for PTSD & ADD. Ive only ever done one grow and that was GG4 Auto outside.

I am looking for a step-by-step grow journal for the following:

GG4 feminized
4X4 Grow Tent
Fan
Atwater Hydropod 5 gallon DWC top drip
Potting soil Happy Frog
Fox Farm 3 Pack 14049
Flower Fuel 1-34-1
Spider Farmer Grow Light LED 1000
VIVOSUN Air & Ventilation System
PH Meter

I'd like to grow one Hydro and three potted soil grows

Any journal step-by-step instructions would be golden

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Virginia41560

It sounds like you have a plan, :welldone:

If you are going to do hydro you will need a decent PPM meter also.

If you start a grow journal I will follow along. Here are sound links for you to checkout.

How to Make a Grow Journal and when your ready to start your journal, place it here.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter in our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

By the way I do hydro and soil.

Virginia old-timer using GG4 for PTSD & ADD. Ive only ever done one grow and that was GG4 Auto outside.

GG4 feminized
4X4 Grow Tent
Fan
Potting soil Happy Frog
Fox Farm 3 Pack 14049
Flower Fuel 1-34-1
PH Meter

Hello @Virginia41560 welcome to 420magazine.
Sorry to hear of your ailments.
Your in the right spot to get help.
We have great sponsors for any equipment you need.
Stay safe.
Bill

GG4 feminized
4X4 Grow Tent
Fan
Potting soil Happy Frog
Fox Farm 3 Pack 14049
Flower Fuel 1-34-1
PH Meter

Hi @Virginia41560

Welcome to 420.

You may not find a journal that is exactly filled with step by step instructions for DWC autos (doesn't mean it's not there).
Autos can be grown the exact way as a photo, only a few minor things. First, they transition to flower on their own (and 18/6 light schedule works best).
And if your going to top, make sure she's healthy and roughly below the 21 day mark (there is wiggle room there).

There is members right now doing autos in DWC.

If you are able to start a journal, we can help you with some check boxes and walk you through as you encounter some aspects.

I grow autos in a kind of RDWC setup. And am willing to help wherever I can, Tokin Roll is great at DWC and Bill284 is a King of Coco growing.

Hi @Virginia41560

Welcome to 420.

You may not find a journal that is exactly filled with step by step instructions for DWC autos (doesn't mean it's not there).
Autos can be grown the exact way as a photo, only a few minor things. First, they transition to flower on their own (and 18/6 light schedule works best).
And if your going to top, make sure she's healthy and roughly below the 21 day mark (there is wiggle room there).

There is members right now doing autos in DWC.

If you are able to start a journal, we can help you with some check boxes and walk you through as you encounter some aspects.

I grow autos in a kind of RDWC setup. And am willing to help wherever I can, Tokin Roll is great at DWC and Bill284 is a King of Coco growing.
Day-3 Just running my one bucket DWC hydro with the exact Nutrients and PH perfect and now I have a white hard like calcium forming on the lid from the top drip ring and the inside of the bucket has a film on the inside of the bucket that is white and slimy, help! is this normal?

Day-3 Just running my one bucket DWC hydro with the exact Nutrients and PH perfect and now I have a white hard like calcium forming on the lid from the top drip ring and the inside of the bucket has a film on the inside of the bucket that is white and slimy, help! is this normal?
@Rexer Help.!!!

Stay safe
Bill

Can you send us any pictures?

First guess that popped to mind was possibly incorrectly mixed nutrients. Can you walk us through your process for nutrient mixing to see if that's what happened?

Can you send us any pictures?

First guess that popped to mind was possibly incorrectly mixed nutrients. Can you walk us through your process for nutrient mixing to see if that's what happened?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I grew in soil for decades before started experimenting with hydro around 10 years ago. I recently ran 3 lambs bread photo clones in soil, drain to waste and DWC side by side. It was a scheduling logistic pain keeping track of the different systems. I wanted to see how much the grow room improvements effected the plants vs the medium. Pick one system and focus on that.
I use a simple DWC system on all my plants now. Hydro grows twice as fast as soil with fewer issues from pests and funguses but it dose require a bit of chemistry to dial it in.

What is your starting water source?

I used
2 tsp Big Bloom per gal x 4 = 8 tsp
1tsp Grow Big hydro X 4 = 4 tsp

I didn’t have the 1/2 tsp of Kangaroots x 4

Or the Rhize Up too expensive

PH UP TO BRING UP PH
Ok, so first just to let you know. I've never used those nutes. But there are some things that are done across the board.

First, are you using well water, tap water or RO water? What's the starting PPM?

Do you have cal mag?

I'd suggest getting some cheap pipettes, or syringes to measure ml. It's much more accurate then using a spoon.

I'm thinking my suspicion of the nutes being mixed wrong is correct.

What are you doing for controlling reservoir temperature? What's it's current or average temperature?

I know it's a lot of questions, and there will be more. We're painting a picture of what's going on, and that helps me and other growers help you.

I grew in soil for decades before started experimenting with hydro around 10 years ago. I recently ran 3 lambs bread photo clones in soil, drain to waste and DWC side by side. It was a scheduling logistic pain keeping track of the different systems. I wanted to see how much the grow room improvements effected the plants vs the medium. Pick one system and focus on that.
I use a simple DWC system on all my plants now. Hydro grows twice as fast as soil with fewer issues from pests and funguses but it dose require a bit of chemistry to dial it in.

What is your starting water source?
Starting water source is well water that runs through an Iron Curtain filtration system and my starting PH is 7.32

I calibrated my PH meter before I started testing.

Starting water source is well water that runs through an Iron Curtain filtration system and my starting PH is 7.32

I calibrated my PH meter before I started testing.
Hey there!

I’m doing pretty much just what you are; I’ve got a Sour Livers auto in a DWC bucket and I have to distill my well water.

You also need to make sure you have a pH pen as well as a PPM pen. Make sure you mix your nutrients in the correct order (If you add silica or calmag, silica goes in first, then cal mag, THEN your nutes - make sure to mix well between each addition and let SIT for about 10 minutes between each as well; balance pH last).

Hey there!

I’m doing pretty much just what you are; I’ve got a Sour Livers auto in a DWC bucket and I have to distill my well water.

You also need to make sure you have a pH pen as well as a PPM pen. Make sure you mix your nutrients in the correct order (If you add silica or calmag, silica goes in first, then cal mag, THEN your nutes - make sure to mix well between each addition and let SIT for about 10 minutes between each as well; balance pH last).
Hi have all the correct meters, but I didn’t let my well water sit, I just started putting PH UP that could be part of the problem.

Hi have all the correct meters, but I didn’t let my well water sit, I just started putting PH UP that could be part of the problem.
Again, silica THEN calmag THEN nutes THEN adjust ph :)

Out of curiosity what are you ph'ing your water too?

7.32 is not only high, but very hard also.

If you can't change your well water, you may want to think about nutrients for hard water.

Tok..
Or either Reverse Osmosis system or a distiller!

Back
Top Bottom