Help a noob with a question about the herb.

Cali Diesel

First off, I'm not sure where to post this so mods, feel free to move this if it's in the wrong section.

I'm not the best when it comes to explaining things but I'll try my best so bear with me.

Just some background. I'm a relatively new smoker, I toked about 10 times only. I have a really low tolerance and I'm gone in like 2 or 3 hits from a pipe.

Anyways,

I started noticing some things that I haven't thought about before.

The last time I smoked was about 2 weeks ago. It was some legit dank that my buddy brought over. I got pretty high and had a good time. I got a hangover, or ganjover as some call it the next day. I was still pretty buzzed the whole day and the next day from it. I still felt like I was KIND of high, like I felt a small bit of the marijuana effects.

After two days, the hangover was gone. Fast forward to now and I can STILL kind of feel like everything is a bit slower than when I'm sober. It's really weird because when I concentrate on actually being high (when I'm really not), the effects are more intense. I notice that the colors are more brighter/ more intense like when I'm high but not as much. Still a bit more than when I'm sober. I also notice things move slightly slower than usual, kind of like I still feel JUST a bit of the effects of being high.

Another thing is that the longer I stay awake, the more intense these effects are. Like If I don't get much sleep and stay up til 2 or 3 in the morning, it feels like I'm slightly high again.

I mean, I'm not bothered by it or anything but I'm actually getting kind of worried about this because I've talked to a few buddies and they said that they don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

My theory is that the THC is still pretty much in my system because it's only been two weeks and that's why I sometimes notice these effects.

This is why I don't want to toke for another month or so to see if I can flush the thc in my system and get completely back to normal.

Can you experienced tokers tell me if you've experience anything like this or is it just me? Is this normal, or is just the THC & my mind playing tricks on me?

It's normal buddy.

Weed slows the mind down and will continue to do so even when you're not smoking.

If you decided to smoke regularly (daily for example) you'd get used to it but you'd still notice everything going a bit slower, that's how it is for me anyway.

Whenever I take a break from toking my mind speeds up tremendously for several weeks because it's adjusting to not having regular cannabis.

;)

Also, especially when you're a new smoker, I think it is very normal to go through slight paranoia about different things. A.K.A., "the fear" but maybe not so extreme. Not that you are making up the effects you are feeling, just that you might be more worried than need be about them...although you sound pretty chill about it.

Keep up your research!

I've only been smoking for like a month too dude, and i remember this alot it happened to me too. it happened when i first hit nug vs mids that i had tried for my first time. trust me this is the most amazing feeling when you feel high without actually smoking anything. just enjoy it dude, its a free high :)

Damn if only budz still played tricks on my mind like this :popcorn: your all good buddy this is just your body and mind getting used to the affects of cannabis lol ive been smokin since i was about twelve and i'll tell yah on my occasional hiatus from ganja this happens every time enjoy yourself and embrace the bud fella :ganjamon:

Smoking affects everyone in different ways, and I used to have similar after-effects for about a week (such as suddenly feeling extremely tired at random times, or just feeling hazy in general), but when I stopped smoking and started exclusively vaporizing, I don't have that problem anymore.

My friends don't believe me either, but I think I might be slightly allergic to smoke. They all say it is in my head, but I have tried time and time again smoking vs. vaporizing, and I never have the negative after-effects when I vaporize. I got my vaporizer about 6 months ago and I only notice the negative after-effects after the occasional smoke (which I try to avoid).

Do you smoke cigarettes? I have only tried smoking a cigarette once and it nearly made me sick, and another time I was sitting around a crowded table with 6 people smoking cigarettes at once and it caused me to puke over 30 times that night. I honestly think I'm allergic to smoke, and you might be too if it is giving you strange after-effects. Maybe you have always felt "high" after staying awake too long, but you never associated it with Cannabis before because you didn't know what it felt like to be high? Just a thought :p

Although I could be completely wrong about all of this, but this is just what I have noticed personally.
Good luck :)

ya man no worries. exact same feeling is use to have it. sadly it goes away and u have to keep buying/growing to get high lol.

I remember those feelings, way back when i first started to smoke. Use to call it the afterglow. sounds more positive than hangover or any other variation of such, since to me it was positive. I loved the afterglow almost as much as i loved the actual high. when i started i would smoke once a week,every Friday. Id spent the following Saturday just lounging around enjoying my new perspective on the world. By Monday the effects would calm down to a nice steady base line of enhanced joy. By the next Friday i would be back to normal-ish. Then Friday night night-smoke night- would come around and it would start all over again. Then as time passed the afterglow feelings would become less and less noticeable as i started smoking more frequently and grew a tolerance, To this day even if i take a prolong break I don't get much of an afterglow. Though after over 10 years of smoking id imagine that would happen. Enjoy it man its weeds little extra gift for you..

Back
Top Bottom