Help a noob with her autos please?

angelicious

As the title says, can anyone help a noob shed light on some issues with my girls? I'm obviously doing something wrong and I don't know what or how to fix it. Today is day 13 and there has been zero growth in almost a week, something is burning the 1st set of true leaves in my girl on the left. I thought it might have been heat stress so I moved the lights up but the burn is still spreading. Anyhoo, here's my spec and what I've done to date: If you need any more info, please ask and thanks for reading!

• Set up:
    300w Dual spec CFL and reflector hood
    Mylar coating in closet
    2 x Nirvana Bubblicious auto seeds
    Biobizz Light soil - approx 75-80%
    Perlite - approx 20-25%
    Nutes: Biobizz Grow & Biobizz Bloom
    Tap water - left sitting out for 24+ hours, ph checked with test indicator drops, ph reduced using trace amounts of vinegar, though admittedly I didn't start doing this till day 7.

Day 0: Germ in paper towel
    Day 2: Seeds popped, transplanted to small pots and added water but did not flush soil beforehand (rookie mistake!)
    Day 3: Watered approx 20-30mls each
    Day 4: Both girls broke ground overnight. Watered approx 40-50mls each.
    Day 6: First set of true leaves appear. Watered approx 30-40mls each.
    Day 7: Ph too high, adjusted with vinegar.
    Day 8: Second set of true leaves start to appear.
    Day 9: Pots felt very light, added approx 100mls water to each pot.
    Day 11: Second set of true leaves standing vertical like a V on both plants. Signs of burn developed on one plant. Added 1/4ml BioGrow to approx approx 170mls water and split between both plants in case of phosphorus deficiency, some foliar feeding. CFL raised to approx 3-4 inches above girls. Periodically placed a fan on them throughout the day.
    Day 12: Growth on both plants stunted, no new growth since day 8. Burn getting worse on one plant, progressed to a second leaf as the day continued. Sign of nute burn on a 2nd true leaf tip in the other plant. Flushed both pots in the PM with a pint of water each. Periodically placed a fan on them throughout the day. Both plants still have vertical 2nd true leaves, but they fanned open somewhat.
    Day 13: Burn on Plant A getting progressively worse on both leaves, half of one leaf is crispy! No advance of nute burn on the Plant B. No new growth on either girl. Second leaves still vertical.​

So there you have it! I'm not sure where I've gone wrong, maybe the vinegar? There's literally about 3 drops in a 5L bottle so really they're just trace amounts, but growth stopped within days of using it. Just in case, I've dumped that water and I'm going to get some ph down. As they were flushed last night, I won't be watering for a while.

Thanks again!

Day_13_from_seed-2.jpg
Day_13_from_seed-1.jpg

Seedlings should never get nutrients for at least two weeks, IMO.
Soil should have been drenched completely before planting. Watering at this stage is all or nothing. Giving small amounts of water every day or three is not a good idea. Well watered seedlings will not need anything for at least one week. They can go two to three weeks with absolutely nothing. In your type of grow, I would not mess with PH - at least not now. The soil should easily buffer as needed. Less is more with cannabis and the majority of the problems I see are from the watering technique and feeding early on.

Soil should have been drenched completely before planting. Watering at this stage is all or nothing. Giving small amounts of water every day or three is not a good idea. Well watered seedlings will not need anything for at least one week. They can go two to three weeks with absolutely nothing. In your type of grow, I would not mess with PH - at least not now. The soil should easily buffer as needed. Less is more with cannabis and the majority of the problems I see are from the watering technique and feeding early on.

So 3 of my plants thatre about 2 1/2 weeks are yellowing at the tops but not on the end half of the leaves. I was thinking nitrogen kinda or maybe calmag? Could you help me out?

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Cheers man. I know, I made so many rookie mistakes with the water, I won't be going near them for a few days other than to vent the area and throw fans on them. My biggest concern is the burn though, this started happening before I added nutes. I was thinking heat stress but the burn is still developing even though I moved the lights higher. TBH I had no intention of adding any nutes for another while but when the light change had no effect, I thought it might be phosphorus deficiency. Too eager too soon perhaps.... Any thoughts on the burn? Thanks!

They will be ok if you dont add any more nutes.
And from day 14 on, use half strenght of whatever fert you plan to use, maybe even one fourth.
Organic acids wont last in soil, so actually you didnt ph your water.
Good luck

So 3 of my plants thatre about 2 1/2 weeks are yellowing at the tops but not on the end half of the leaves. I was thinking nitrogen kinda or maybe calmag? Could you help me out?

Any photos? That's a tough one (for me) from your description. Not sure, but pictures would help. It almost sounds like micro nutrients, but IDK.

Cheers man. I know, I made so many rookie mistakes with the water, I won't be going near them for a few days other than to vent the area and throw fans on them. My biggest concern is the burn though, this started happening before I added nutes. I was thinking heat stress but the burn is still developing even though I moved the lights higher. TBH I had no intention of adding any nutes for another while but when the light change had no effect, I thought it might be phosphorus deficiency. Too eager too soon perhaps.... Any thoughts on the burn? Thanks!

If it was mine, I'd probably water it well. By "well" I mean drench it and soak it until it won't take any more. No need to flush (probably) just let the pots sit in something and soak for a few minutes while you gently water from the top. Remove and drain thoroughly. Now is the hard part: LEAVE IT ALONE. :) Seriously, after a good watering, they will go a minimum of a week with nothing.
I have new seedlings that went up to three weeks without a drop of water (not recommended) and are doing fine. This little gal went 18 days with nothing at all. It is in high porosity soil and a very small container. The burnt/yellow leaves are from a couple of 100+ degree days immediately after a heavy dose of Azamax to kill off a mite problem.

Pig1_6-5.jpg
Pig2_6-5.jpg

I wish I could help more, but my sister is very sick and I'm not around the forum much at the moment while I play nursemaid.

:goodluck: to you both!

Sorry about your sister man, hope she feels better soon. Btw I LOVE your piggy pot :circle-of-love:

Haven't touched my girls since since I flushed 4 days ago, except to check on them. I think I'm starting to see a little growth on plant B, that was the one without heat stress. Plant A (burned fan leaves) remains the same, which is to say the burn from the light hasn't spread further than half of each of the fan leaves, but no further growth. However, she's still standing so we won't bin her just yet. :)

Back
Top Bottom