Help: confused first grow!

Dre tries to grow

Greetings squad

My name is Dre, im in the second week of my first grow, and already i am confused out my mind.

My leaves feels dry, new growth looks twisted and there is some yellow and brown discoloration.

I have the GH PH tester and soil looks like it is in the 6.5 range.

So i decided to flush with ph 6.5
Added bat guano, kelp and liquid 1582579146873932041822119243132.jpgworm castings to my coco mix.

Attachments

• 15825791845152028040493426817921.jpg
    15825791845152028040493426817921.jpg
    992.9 KB · Views: 73
Thank you @Glookies1 and @Pepperhead

Would it be safe to say, im impatient and got ahead of myself with watering..

Last night i mixed the soil with dry ingredients and they look kind of better now in the morning

I would just like to say im brand new at this, im from all the way in South Africa where they recently made growing legal, but looking at the pics here our WEEDSMAN sells nothing like you peeps of the 'U.S OF A'
I hope to never see these WEEDSMAN again after a few harvests

Attachments

• 15826109095545375395442309331174.jpg
    15826109095545375395442309331174.jpg
    967.9 KB · Views: 44
Thank you @Glookies1 and @Pepperhead

Would it be safe to say, im impatient and got ahead of myself with watering..

Last night i mixed the soil with dry ingredients and they look kind of better now in the morning

I would just like to say im brand new at this, im from all the way in South Africa where they recently made growing legal, but looking at the pics here our WEEDSMAN sells nothing like you peeps of the 'U.S OF A'
I hope to never see these WEEDSMAN again after a few harvests
Welcome to the forum Dre. I'm in Cape Town. Quite a few Saffas here. @Smeegol , @Franna81 @Dkmg01 @Rhys777 come say hi. Lots of people happy to help yout get to your first harvest.
For now let the soil dry out a little before watering again. Over watering is probably the biggest killer of small plants. If you need more help just shout.
Cheers

We all started somewhere. For me that was 20 ish years ago and I didn't do great then so don't stress. If you read a lot of the.journals here you Will pick up great info. I grow mostly without nutes these days as I find it easier to let them do their thing. No issue with nutes at all though.

Hello welcome to 420 magazine!

In what are you growing as you mention coco and then soil. If coco I can help you every step of the way.

You shouldn't be able to over water in coco. You seem to be growing indoor. Can you get material pots or checkers groceries bags? That way your coco breathes better. Then make sure no water stays stagnant at the bottom. And ph you coco to 5.8 for veg!

Morning mr.Dre ya overwatering will do that to you even myself I overwater every now and then without meaning to, nice to meet ya.....
Thanx @Smeegol nice to meet you.. I will be watching my hand on the next one... So my question now would be... I flushed it yesterday could i on the watering give it nutes i got the flora bloom trio, molasses, calmag, and what should i whip up im extremely nervous about root development

@
Hello welcome to 420 magazine!

In what are you growing as you mention coco and then soil. If coco I can help you every step of the way.

You shouldn't be able to over water in coco. You seem to be growing indoor. Can you get material pots or checkers groceries bags? That way your coco breathes better. Then make sure no water stays stagnant at the bottom. And ph you coco to 5.8 for veg!

@Dkmg01 well my medium is a mix of compost, worm castings, vermiculite, perlite, bone meal, and coco peat moss cannot say the exact ratio,

My plan is 2 plants, which are in plastic holders for now, waiting for root development to transplant in 3litre fabric pots.

I have a 600watt light(from take alot (south africas bullshit amazon)) actual output is 108watts kind of like the phlizon 600watt

For nutes i have the GH trio, molasses, the GH PH tester, bat guano, calmag, kelp, worm castings the liquid, which i only used one dose of water and molases and laid the bat guano and kelp on the soil after a flush last night.

Lights are on 18hours...temp is between 24-28 with RH between 55-70

They are 15 days in the medium

I actually started the water with bottled aquelle still water which claims is ph 6. 5

But used the tester on the second watering and found out it was acidic.. Proberbly coz i bought a 5 litre and it was opend and closed that dropped it, not sure

I unfortunately do not have a proper ph tester nor do i have a TDS KIT

Greetings squad

My name is Dre, im in the second week of my first grow, and already i am confused out my mind.

My leaves feels dry, new growth looks twisted and there is some yellow and brown discoloration.

I have the GH PH tester and soil looks like it is in the 6.5 range.

So i decided to flush with ph 6.5
Added bat guano, kelp and liquid 1582579146873932041822119243132.jpgworm castings to my coco mix.
looks over watered... let it dry out for a couple days...its easy to get water/nute happy with a first grow...youll soon learn they grow better when fed when they are hungry/starving better than watered all the time...

looks over watered... let it dry out for a couple days...its easy to get water/nute happy with a first grow...youll soon learn they grow better when fed when they are hungry/starving better than watered all the time...
hey yo check this pic i googled of an over watered plant...see some resemblance ?

Attachments

• overwatered-marijuana-seedling.jpg
    overwatered-marijuana-seedling.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom