Powdery mildew: How do I manage it?

jrudy97

420 Member
Hello fellow growers I’m currently growing 12 taho clones in my closet grow, very tight proximity to one another. I just defoliated and noticed white powdery mildew. most fan leaves are okay but about 40% have it, and it looks like small white circles on the leaves. It’s not to bad ... yet. I bought a spray that eliminates mildew and took all plants out. I wiped down all of the fam leaves with a brush in the solution, and wiped down the entire closet with disinfectant and cleaned my fans throughly. I’m noticing it’s coming back now again and I need some tips to save this grow! My average humidity is 40-50%, my soil is coco with 444, worm castings; just top dressed with nitro bat, worm castings and 484 putting them into flower, I use ro PH around 6.5, on 12-12 light cycle, I have an cloudline t4 inline fan with a charcoal filter, and one box fan moving air around the room.
61DA5270-F90A-4695-92ED-EC800D02DBC6.jpeg
112CEDFD-37AA-401C-BD3F-E666075DADC1.jpeg

I've read that wpm is systemic meaning now that its infected there is no getting rid of it. But I have managed it until the end of a grow by removing some infected leaves and spraying heavy with diluted milk. Google that and make you own decisions as I am a fairly new grower.

I've heard of solutions involving milk, h2o2, baking soda or citric acid.
The citric acid one is recommended. I'll cite a post from shed.

Not sure what strength H2O2 you're using for the PM, but straight 3% we get here had no effect. Only thing that works for me is 1% citric acid spray. I use it in full flower and it has no negative effect on the pistils or the buds, and it washes right off after harvest.

My recipe is:
500ml distilled water
5g food grade citric acid
8-12 pipette drops of dish soap
Shake well to mix.
(Scale up or down as needed)

I spray everything tops and bottoms and stems. I even pull the buds away from the stems to get where the PM hides.

I'd recommend turning the fans off for an hour to let the stuff work before it evaporates.

Budwash at the end of the cycle. You'll find a few variations on the washing process but whichever you choose should be fine.

edit: Welcome to 420Magazine @jrudy97. :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom