help/hard water 200ppm

Hey buddy for a long time growing I never bothered with TDS or PPm etc, only PH & nutes. If you have hard water you should leave it out in the open for a couple of days to release some of the extra minerals before watering. In your case 200ppm during flower seems a little low, what nutes are you using & did you gradually increase the intake throughout beginning with 1/4 recommended amount?

Good luck

forgot to say, before adding nutes make sure the water is PHd & then check again & adjust accordingly. Also make sure you shake the bottles before use as they tend to be highly concentrated which can 'lock' the nutes out.

Hey buddy for a long time growing I never bothered with TDS or PPm etc, only PH & nutes. If you have hard water you should leave it out in the open for a couple of days to release some of the extra minerals before watering. In your case 200ppm during flower seems a little low, what nutes are you using & did you gradually increase the intake throughout beginning with 1/4 recommended amount?

Good luck

the 200ppm is without nutes unless that's what ur saying,im been doin this for 20 yrs,I was sick and somehow my ph got 3.8 it wasn't my meter got another it says the same.on my new grow im letting water sit out,u say that helps.i made 1 of the newbie mistakes of all and ended up overfertilizing.my question I cannot figure out how it got that low without me knowing.its my bad im in a wheelchair so u could appreciate all the work down the drain,i killed my ladies.so as long as I proper ph my water with nutes added b4 added to coco coir and let it sit out I should b fine right.i don't wanna start second guessing like I did,f'ing amature mistake not putting beginners down,everyone has to learn some how.all in all if I use my experience do it as always,i had a 8 month break from growing,got where my ladies had to look perfect,destroyed them.sorry 4 rambling but ur answer is appreciated,u have any idea how this could happen.my thought is I wasn't paying attention and used tbls instead of tsp.can hard water do this alone if did the nutes and ph right,the only other is I f;ed up the measurement.ty vm for replying,any more info to ease my mind on the hard water b cool.peace.ss61

Hey buddy must be difficult doing all this in your condition, hats off to ya! I never had problems with my hard water's PH fluctuating much so yes you may have added tbls instead of tsp by mistake, easily done. My thinking is that if you leave the water in the open for a few days before adjusting the PH followed by nutes (well shaken) then re-chech the PH after a while & then before watering you should be fine.

I also sometimes use rain water, if I know its gonna pour down I leave a few buckets outside. As a last resort you could use R/O but it does waste alot of water.

I live in florida in summer it rains constantly.u think its cool to store it or not.i think I must of tbls for tsp its the only way,we all f up.startin over.veg now sage n sour,heavyfruity duty,supersilver haze.afghan kush.and restarting some sfv o.g.kush 1 of my favs I get the kush stone with energy/relaxing creative stone,freakin love my og

I live in florida in summer it rains constantly.u think its cool to store it or not.i think I must of tbls for tsp its the only way,we all f up.startin over.veg now sage n sour,heavyfruity duty,supersilver haze.afghan kush.and restarting some sfv o.g.kush 1 of my favs I get the kush stone with energy/relaxing creative stone,freakin love my og

Sounds like your gonna be busy the next few months with all them strains. Never tried OG but sounds great! If you use rainwater make sure its not stale & stinking. But I think you'll be fine with tap water also.

If you still want help just fill this out for us, we can get an idea what you're working with:
How many plants? What strains?
How old are they?
Indoor or outdoor?
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated?
What medium/soil are you using?
Whats the size of the containers?
What's your lighting set up?
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time?
What's your ph like, both medium and nutes?
Any pests around?
What is your watering schedule like?

200ppm is not that bad,mine sits at 450 and it gets used in a hydro setup,letting water sit out is only good for chlorine,it doesn't dissolve metal in your water(the ppm)

forgot to say, before adding nutes make sure the water is PHd & then check again & adjust accordingly.

you are changing ph BEFORE adding nutrients?? hmmm

all good superskunk hahaha

I just finished some skunk,lmao and I had to read it a few times

if you take a sample of your water to the county extension office,they will tell you whats in it,for like 15 bucks.You will get a report that looks like this,and you can plan your nutrients accordingly

Source of sample Temperature
(° F) Silica 17
(SiO2) Iron 0.60
(Fe) Manganese 0.113
(Mn) Calcium 91
(Ca) Magnesium 21
(Mg) Sodium and 32
potassium 356
(Na + K) Bicarbonate 74 22 314
(HCO3) Sulfate 9.0
(SO4) Chloride 0.4
(Cl) Fluoride 1.0
(F) Nitrate 420
(NO3) Dissolved Solids 292
(Residue at 180°C) Hardness as CaCO3
Carbonate Non- 22
carbonate Total 314

forgot to say, before adding nutes make sure the water is PHd & then check again & adjust accordingly. Also make sure you shake the bottles before use as they tend to be highly concentrated which can 'lock' the nutes out.
wrong buddy. add nutes to water first then check ph most nute bring down ph. dont worry about your water reading 200 ist fine its the ec off your water where you live,same as mine no problem at all .i buy nutes for hard water. and for eg. if you want your plants on say 1.4 ec then just take into account the 200 the water has on it own and adjust accordingly .so if you want 1.4 then your pen should read 1.6 .the other .2 is in your water already. happy days.

im using have been using foxfarm trio with cal/mag plus,some molasses during mid flowering to flushing 4 20 yrs now in ohio/florida I like them always do well except 4 my screw up but the new batch in veg r cranking along.so sick or not I gotta pay attention,i would have a breakdown if I did it again,i was so pissed at myself,poor ladies,the relief it brings me I owe them better than that.it broke my heart.but like I said,all is well.lol.peace,ty.ss61

Doc buds uses minerals in his soil that was tested in water. He added ph up continuously and had a hard time fluctuating it. I imAgine its calcium or limestone. But using this simple mineral could save you a lot of money and time ph ing ur nutes. Sensi offers ph perfect series. This is a simple a & b mixture. If u ask doc buds I'm sure he would help ya. Very knowledgeful. The sensi works well though. I hope this info finds you well and as others stated hats off to not letting ur condition from hindering you.

Hola buddy... thats what I wrote, ph the water then add nutes then check again & adjust accordingly! I never said to just ph the water then add nutes & finish. have fun

Back
Top Bottom