Help! I think I poisoned my crop!! Need immediate help please

jbentzr

I have two plants which are a 12 week genetic at 8 weeks and 12 that are a 7 week genetic at 2weeks. I had spider mite issues and did my usual pyrythrium/precloud/pyrtyhium bomb sequence (last week) and they were back the next day piling up on each other.
My grow shop said to use Attain and now the other shop just advisedme to throw all away!!!!!
What do i do??? I don't want to smoke poison and don't want to give any to anyone if it is poisonous?
Pyrythrium dissipates after 14 days? I cannot find any info on the Attain.
Do i have to throw it out? I did the bomb last night. Can i wash my pants off, change my water (i grow terraponic) and still use them???

Thanks!!!

From what I have seen Pyrethrum and Attain are all good ways to fight spider mites indoors. Do not allow children or pets around the area treated for 24hrs. You can use both on cannabis. I don't like using chemicals on my plants, but if you have an infestation, you should take care of it. ;-)

Thanks all. I have now learned how to post more accurately. Appreciate you moving it for me.
So do you think after say 4-6 more weeks of growing and 2 of drying/curing the current buds will be safe to smoke? I know the Pyrythrium dissipates in about 2 weeks but am not sure on the Attain.
thanks again:cheer:

Hello jbentzr,
Bifenthrin, is a good organic type pesticide that has been approved to use in an article I read from Texas A+M university. They are experts in agriculture thus well you know...
Yes your plants will be ok and you will be ok. Here is a study you may be interested in EPA: Federal Register: Spinosad; Pesticide Tolerances Here is another quote "Breakdown of Chemical in Vegetation: Bifenthrin is not absorbed by plant foliage, nor does it translocate in the plant (63)" this is an earlier study.
SO Clean your room, air it out, and hopefully that your pest problem is solved and you know that you are not going to poison your friends.
Keep us informed.
Fineas

Thanks so very much. I will drain my terraponic tubs and refill with fresh solution as the poison got into the water (they did not drain all the way due to a bit of overfill)
I think all will be good and hopefully i wont kill anyone.:peace:

High JB. I don't think you've ruined your crop. I do think the bombs are a bad way to go inside. Check out this other thread. Spider Mites. It helps to understand what you're up against.
Then forget all that stuff and get this product called mite rid and your problems will be over! Simple and fast. I'm sure every grower has experienced the dreaded mite infestation. Now we have a tool to eradicate them little bastages. Med MJ and others here whos advise I trust, have led me to this product and it is the only thing that I've found that works with one application! good luck!:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom