Help me decide about my new grow

spliffas

Hey ! Firstly I just wanted to say thanks to everyone from this amazing and warm community. You people really do an amazing job by helping others to solve their problems with their plants. THANK YOU!

Now why I am creating this topic?
I am finishing my AK47 and I will be preparing for my next grow. Yet I have one big problem I need to solve and few not so big I’d like to discuss with someone I can.

As it is too dangerous to buy seeds, I was very lucky man to find ~10 beans in top shelf smoke and I even was able to retrieve the name of the strain (it is very rare in here that you know the strain when you buy) lol and if I am right, they all should be females. :)

Now about my set up. I have a small tent ( for 2-3 plants ) 90 x 50 x 160, ruck extrator, carbon filter, two small fans, dehumidifier and a 240w quantum board. My tent sits in our wardrobe, another tiny space lol ~ 170 x 300 and you enter it from our bedroom. Now the problem is: I’d love to have 240w all the time, but my temps then 31-32 ( depends on the day outside and if I am heating house ), I can have ~28 with wardrobe’s doors open, but then I ak experiencing another problem - sound. I was doing lights on at night because of the lower temps at night time, but I may consider doing it daytime leaving those doors open. Still 28-29 is a bit too much, I’d love to grow under 22-25MAX, maybe any ideas on how to lower down my temperature without spending a fortune? I believe an air-con even in my wardrobe (not growing tent) would work, but I have no ideas on how to buy the correct one. In my grow tent I don’t have enough space I believe, or maybe a small air con would do the job? Any suggestions? What about humidity then? Any info would help.

I will be doing soil grow, in my two last grows I’ve been using cheap biopon bloom nutes, fish mix, plagron sugar royal, magnesium sulphate, and green sensation additive until I ran out of it. Now I am considering buying some cool nutes, but I’d love to experiment, at least a little. I had very amazing results with plagron earlier, mineral based. Plagron has ALGA BLOOM AND TERRA BLOOM. Terra bloom I tried, but ALGA is 100% organic, so I can’t decide should I go with organic or mineral based ones? Advantages and disadvantages? So: fish mix for veg; plagron base ( terra or alga ??? ) + plagron green sensation + plagron sugar royal. I can get calmag pro plagron 500ml for 10€ - worth getting it or should I just make my own from egg shells? Advantages and disadvantages?
Or maybe it’s not even worth buying green sensation as it costs 40€ for 250ml, maybe it’s cheaper and a better idea getting pk boost and some other cool additives? Any advice will help.

I will be starting in the middle of the june, I’ll do veg under sunlight not my led and put them into flower on 1st of august. :)

Not sure if I’ll go root nurse pots or big buckets, it is easier to LST in buckets. I am combining LST + defoliation and I’ll probably continue doing that. Was thinking about more exotic hours, heh, but probably I’ll do it next time. :))

Thanks for reading this mess.

Any possibility of mounting the lights driver outside the wardrobe? That would probably sort your temp issue.
I’ll have a look when lights on, It is attached on top of my qb (I bought it used for one grow when I was living in UK) onto heatsink. It should be removable if it’s not glued to it lol. :D that’s cool idea, I’ll have a look and update later this day. Thanks !

Btw I don’t mind about the sound, but mu girlfriend does, so I must sort this out somehow if I want to continue with my hobby lol

I’ll have a look when lights on, It is attached on top of my qb (I bought it used for one grow when I was living in UK) onto heatsink. It should be removable if it’s not glued to it lol. :D that’s cool idea, I’ll have a look and update later this day. Thanks !

Btw I don’t mind about the sound, but mu girlfriend does, so I must sort this out somehow if I want to continue with my hobby lol
If you're comfortable with a little wiring it will probably be easy to relocate the driver.

Sound is a more difficult one. EC fans are quieter and you could look at silencers too. Won't irradicate noise but can reduce it.

If you're comfortable with a little wiring it will probably be easy to relocate the driver.

Sound is a more difficult one. EC fans are quieter and you could look at silencers too. Won't irradicate noise but can reduce it.
yeah I am all good with wiring, if it is not glued to heatsink somehow I should be fine. :) sound levels are good when I close doors of my wardrobe. I am attaching photo of how it looks lol. :) I understand that the bigger room means lower temps, but the wardrobe is all I’ve got to play. I could vent outside, but for security reasons I do not do that. Yet I believe that your solution gonna solve my problem, save space and money. Thanks !
Any advice about nutes?

image.jpg

No worries. Another issue with an enclosed space like that is humidity. You need fresh air coming into the wardrobe so it's not just recirculating used hot/humid air.
Daytime I am keeping wardrobe’s door open and window opened, the tent isn’t 100% sealed, evening time when lights goes on I keep doing the same + I open my tent’s door. I have a dehumidifier inside my growing tent, I am able to manage my humidity 35-45% when it’s 1-2 plants, but I bet when temps goes lower humidity goes up a little?

I had a wardrobe grow my last one.
I have to agree with @VetSmoke85 it can get very humid.
I now went for a tent in side a wardrobe.
Same issues tbh but more control over the smell.
In a 80x80x200 tent inside my wardrobe i have one big lady right now.
With everyting shut and a 4inch outtake @Mars Hydro one.
Set at speed setting 2 i can hear it but not much.
With an old 120mm PC fan blowing in.
And my humidity 2 weeks into flower is 62% lights of.
lights on it will drop down to 55ish.
I will need to lower that pretty soon to the 50s to keep the mold away.
My room r/h is 48% temps 25c
Hope that helps some. ;)

As for nutes I'm not familiar with the ones you mentioned. I still have a lot to learn about nutrients so I like to keep it simple. Also I don't have time to be mixing a ton of different things. @GeoFlora Nutrients is probably the easiest thing to use with soil.

As for nutes I'm not familiar with the ones you mentioned. I still have a lot to learn about nutrients so I like to keep it simple. Also I don't have time to be mixing a ton of different things. @GeoFlora Nutrients is probably the easiest thing to use with soil.
impossible to get it in LT. What I can get is Pagron, BioBizz and CANNA. Why I am thinking about Plagron? Cuz I tried it and I have Plagron Sugar Royal 300ml left, so thinking not to mix different nutes brand. I can go like this: base ( terra or alga ? ) + sugar royal + green sensation + calmag ( either plagron or home made from egg shels???). But green sensation costs 40€ for 250ml it is 4in1, but I’d love the outcome, and too much to mix. Or I may go like this: base ( terra or alga ) + pk booster + sugar royal + calmag + …. ???

Second way might be cheaper as PK booster and other additives costs ~10€ per bottle so this might save me some bucks and I’ll be getting bigger bottles of it lol.

That’s why I am asking an advice. Yet not even sure which base nutes should I choose, alga is pure organic, terra is mineral based and I can’t decide by myself what route should I choose.

So let me ask a question. What are advantages going more organic than mineral based ones? I am notfammiliar with organic nutes, I only tried BioBizz fishmix and it works great, but !
With mineral based it is easier job, less nasty smell, easier to meassure and mix as tools didn’t get dirty. I am looking to achieve as best quality as I can as I am a heavy smoker and smoking sh*t makes me s*ck . my + goes to mineral based ones because it is easier to work with, but what about the quality of final product? Maybe it is worth playing with organic ones forbetter potency / yelds / taste ?

Thanks !

Terra: Terra Bloom complete nutrient for the flowering phase of your cultivation
Alga: Alga Bloom algae-based organic nutrient for the flowering phase
Green Sensation:
Pk:
Calmag:

What about a fan speed controller?
I've found it really helps keep the excess white noise down while pulling the heat out of the tent. You could also put it on a tab timer to kick in for 15 minutes every hour, etc. It shouldn't take long for even a small fan to move all of the hot air out of the small tent.
Next, depending on the genetics you have, running a little warm is okay. Especially if you can provide some extra CO2 which is possible without a fancy setup (mushroom bags, sugar/yeast in a jug, etc.)
I live in a tropical climate and have to deal with hot, humid conditions year round and found it's easier to grow heat tolerant strains. I mean, half of the wild cannabis grows in tropical jungles right?

What about a fan speed controller?
I've found it really helps keep the excess white noise down while pulling the heat out of the tent. You could also put it on a tab timer to kick in for 15 minutes every hour, etc. It shouldn't take long for even a small fan to move all of the hot air out of the small tent.
Next, depending on the genetics you have, running a little warm is okay. Especially if you can provide some extra CO2 which is possible without a fancy setup (mushroom bags, sugar/yeast in a jug, etc.)
I live in a tropical climate and have to deal with hot, humid conditions year round and found it's easier to grow heat tolerant strains. I mean, half of the wild cannabis grows in tropical jungles right?
It is illegal to buy seeds, grow, smoke, etc., so my next few grows will be AK47 as I have round 10 beans of them. :) my ruck fan has 4 way speed controller on itself, now I am on setting 3, but probably when I relocate my led driver, I’ll be able to keep on setting 2 ( maybe if humidity will b ok ). I dunno why, but I am not worrying about adding more co2 as my grow ten is basically where we sleep, I am able to breath to my plants for about at least an hour a day, so I believe it’s OK. My extractor fan and two small fans in the tent are always on, when I was living in UK I’ve been fighting bud rot even with all fans working 24/7, that’s why I keep then always on. But I may consider and test/check the solition of not running it all the time. I firstly need to relocate my driver and check on temps / humidity before experimenting. Thanks !

I have one inside my grow tent, when I lower temps I will add another small one in my wardrobe near air exhaust pipe. Should be OK with humidity and temps. Let’s say it’s solved for now lol. :D

What about nutes? :/
For nutes I use Dynagro.
Are they best? Probably not but they're low odor, pretty affordable compared to Canna, and simple to use (1 part veg, 1 part bloom). Also the guy at my local shop hooks me up with sample bottles
I amend with their protekt (silica), mag pro, and then add some recharge and mammoth p for a kick of biology without the funky bottles. In flower I add some powdered bloom booster to help as well.

For nutes I use Dynagro.
Are they best? Probably not but they're low odor, pretty affordable compared to Canna, and simple to use (1 part veg, 1 part bloom). Also the guy at my local shop hooks me up with sample bottles
I amend with their protekt (silica), mag pro, and then add some recharge and mammoth p for a kick of biology without the funky bottles. In flower I add some powdered bloom booster to help as well.
Heh like I mentioned in my previous posts, I am able to get CANNA, BioBizz or Pagron. :x no orher fancy stuff in here. I am leaning to Plagron, but would love an advice which route I should go and is it really worth going more organic this time than mineral based. The easiest and most expensive formula would be terra bloom + green sensation + sugar royal +calmagpro 60€ in total and should last me for about 4 grows = 8-9 ladies. It is mineral based stuff. If i’d go alga bloom ( organic ) + royal + sensation + calmag I believe I can make by myself and eliminate mineral based additive as in the first route. 50€ or 60€ if I take a bottle of calmagpro. Third route would be bloom ( doesn’t really matter probably which one ) + 13/14 PK + calmag 20-30€ in total and I’ll be having shit loads of ferts. I don’t mind spending extra buck for good food and best quality, but which way would guarantee me best quality bud and is it really worth going organic vs mineral based ones and what are advantages except knowing that u did it organic? Stronger smoke? Better taste? Better yeld? Any info will help. Thx ! By using fshmx i can tell disadvantage of using it - hard to mix ( dirty tools ) + nasty smell. But it works !
Maybe going organic would give me better smoke, let’s say u buy veggies at shop growed on nutes and there’s really no taste or taste of water vs veggies grown in your garden not so big but full of taste?

It's my understanding that organics can give you more flavor and a cleaner burn. BUT in our household Mrs Cough takes her meds mostly in capsule form so flavor, smoke quality, etc aren't a deciding factor as long as the meds get to her mind and body.
Mineral nutes can give you weight but may not taste as good

It's my understanding that organics can give you more flavor and a cleaner burn. BUT in our household Mrs Cough takes her meds mostly in capsule form so flavor, smoke quality, etc aren't a deciding factor as long as the meds get to her mind and body.
Mineral nutes can give you weight but may not taste as good
I did plagron Terra Bloom + Green Sensation + Sugar Royal when I was living in UK and it tasted damn good. :) let’s say my biggest concern is potency as I am a heavy smoker ( probably like most of us here lol ) for more than 10 years and I am trying to achieve the best bud I can. Let’s say taste is number 2 on my list. Yet last year I did another grow from seed I believe it was same AK’s I have now, with cheap base biopon i got from shop, fishmix, sugar royal, but I had green sensation as well and was pretty happy with final product. If it doesn’t affect potency, I believe I’ll go with mineral ones as it is easier to work with. : ) now another thing is it worth getting this one: Green Sensation four products in one: pk fertiliser, enzymes, enhancer, booster as it is 40€ per 250ml or should I go PK 13/14 + calmag pro + base nutes + fishmix + sugar royal?

2x cheaper and probably 2x more lol so I can get another fancy additive for a tenner for flowering lets say?

Or maybe terra bloom + sugar royal + green sensation + calmag pro 60€ and I should be good for 3 grows at least I believe?

Back
Top Bottom