Help needed: don't know what to do moving forward!

you have six 600w burples ?

most folk run something like that full on. you can run the veg only until they are established. 2 - 3 nodes, then hit them with everything and use height adjustment to vary the intensity.

they recommend full power as it cuts the lifespan of the rig in half.

running 90% near doubles the usable lifespan if it is a good rig. mars is so-so. i think their newer stuff is a bit better since they are desperate to distance themselves from anything ts and down.
You made a very good point.
Should I dial down to 80% and monitor?
As I said ppfd is really high.
Draw from wall is 475w
Thank you

I need help I am a new grower I have the Bestva 4000 grow lights 6 of them when seeds are just planted do I have veg and bloom on? Thank you for the help looking forward to this new adventure!!
I am not familiar with your lights, mine are full spectrum with no switch.
I don't think you need bloom on for seedling and vegging.
Follow the manufacturer reccomandations on the distance. Start a little further and if your seedling start stretching bring the light gradually closer, like 1" at the time.
I usually do 36" for seedling than 24" after 3rd set of true leaves.

Awesome!! :thumb:

I just want to say thank you so much to every single person who has chimed in on this thread:love:. I absolutely love this forum.

Im in a couple grow groups on facebook and the couple times i've posted in it, i've always had at least one or two people who comment in such un-believably demeaning and rude ways..

You are all a serious breathe of fresh air and i appreciate every single one of you :Namaste::love:
This is only my second grow. It's amazing how much I learned with the help of the people in this forum.
I am cloning, supercropping, re-vegging, and baking up a storm.
I am happy to pass it on and to be able to help.
You will see, in no time at all the girl's will start talking to you and tell you what they need.

You made a very good point.
Should I dial down to 80% and monitor?
As I said ppfd is really high.
Draw from wall is 475w
Thank you

if you are in full on flower 80 - 90 %

try it at 80 - 90 and 100. note the difference in brightness. it probably is pretty negligible between 90 - 100. most rigs don't lose enough at 90% most of the time to justify running full on.

that 10% saves on the rig a lot though

what you need to watch for is a loss of spectrum. cheap white light chips lose spectrum when dimmed. some as high as 75%. i'm surprised mars recommends running at 25% for seedling. most chips are definitely losing spectrum at that point. cobs can be run down lower than most smd type. most smd have all the spectrum by 50%.

if you are in full on flower 80 - 90 %

try it at 80 - 90 and 100. note the difference in brightness. it probably is pretty negligible between 90 - 100. most rigs don't lose enough at 90% most of the time to justify running full on.

that 10% saves on the rig a lot though

what you need to watch for is a loss of spectrum. cheap white light chips lose spectrum when dimmed. some as high as 75%. i'm surprised mars recommends running at 25% for seedling. most chips are definitely losing spectrum at that point. cobs can be run down lower than most smd type. most smd have all the spectrum by 50%.
I will dim tomorrow and see what happens.
Thank you

I'd just like to again thank each and every one of you for your input in this thread :Namaste: :love:

Yesterday I gave my girls a good feeding of:
-3ml/L Medi One (4-3-3)
-1ml/L Cal-Mag (2-0-0)
-0.3ml/L liquid Kelp (0-0-5)
-2ml/L Resin (N/A)

This gave me an average PPM of 912 and an average PH of 6.25.

The six plants drank up 51 Litres(13.5 Gallons) which got them all to the point of runoff.

And today they are ALL looking 10X healthier!!! I cant wait to see how much healthier they look just over the next couple days!!

Thank you all so much! :Namaste::love::slide:

IMG_8272.jpg

IMG_8266.jpg

IMG_8267.jpg

IMG_8269.jpg

IMG_8270.jpg

IMG_8271.jpg

Back
Top Bottom