Help please, turning yellow

I'm not saying anyone is wrong but I have small grow its full.wall to wall.right now I use.inline booster fan 6inch its powerful enough it sucks the door on closet shut when it kicks in maaby if u hooked u one them up would take out all the heat most humidity u dont want it will suck.it right out just vent it outside 😊
Hello mate, it was the other way round, I didn’t have enough heat :rofl: But yeah I managed to struggle through with a oil radiator and heater bar, the humidity I couldn’t do nothing about cos it was that high outside and inside my house,I managed to avoid mold thou, on my plants that is, found quite a bit behind a cabinet in the same room thou😖

Well for the leaves turning yellow you certainly finished very green???

and ++ on the mainlining, that's where all my attention now needs to go as well, and I screwed up by not being strict with the current grow.. I don't have much space so I need to optimise it and plant structure is the key set it up to grow all equal long buds.. no scruff & fluff.

Well for the leaves turning yellow you certainly finished very green???

and ++ on the mainlining, that's where all my attention now needs to go as well, and I screwed up by not being strict with the current grow.. I don't have much space so I need to optimise it and plant structure is the key set it up to grow all equal long buds.. no scruff & fluff.
Thank you fenderbender, and that was exactly my thoughts with the space issue and the scraggy buds, that’s why I tried this way, the previous couple of grows iv only ended up with a couple of decent buds and a lot of scruff, this time every one was decent and no scruff, I think the key thing is, 2 days before the flip to remove every gunna be branches below the top colas, that way the growth is on the top 8, I will definitely be growing this way from now on :thumb: :thanks:

Hi Keffka, I’m from the uk and there called a clothes horse, it’s what you hang your clothes on to dry, dunno where your from but I’m sure you will be able to get the same thing from Amazon or a local shop :thumb:

I’m from Detroit, Michigan, USA. Is your username referencing Chaldeans or am I reading it incorrectly?

I mainly use a gas dryer for clothes but I also have a rope strung up in the laundry room for delicates and stuff that can’t go in the dryer. I’ll look into this clothes horse because it looks pretty convenient, and looks like it’s quite efficient with the space it takes up.

I’m from Detroit, Michigan, USA. Is your username referencing Chaldeans or am I reading it incorrectly?

I mainly use a gas dryer for clothes but I also have a rope strung up in the laundry room for delicates and stuff that can’t go in the dryer. I’ll look into this clothes horse because it looks pretty convenient, and looks like it’s quite efficient with the space it takes up.
Yes mate there handy for drying your crop, just don’t have nowhere to hang me laundry now thou :rofl: If you can get one it worth it:thumb: and no mate, had to check that Chaldean thing you said, definitely not referring to that, its my name and my missus’s, Karen and Dean, this is the main reason I started growing, I lost her 5 years ago, she grew her wings, and I was lost mate, so I started growing 🙏:love:

Yes mate there handy for drying your crop, just don’t have nowhere to hang me laundry now thou :rofl: If you can get one it worth it:thumb: and no mate, had to check that Chaldean thing you said, definitely not referring to that, its my name and my missus’s, Karen and Dean, this is the main reason I started growing, I lost her 5 years ago, she grew her wings, and I was lost mate, so I started growing 🙏:love:

Lol about your laundry

Sorry for your loss.. I can’t imagine.. I’ve been with my wife since I was 17 (I’m 38 now) and I would be a horrific human being if it weren’t for her. Growing is an amazing thing. It has helped me immensely with PTSD and has brought a calm to my life, I’m glad you found something to bring you joy.

Lol about your laundry

Sorry for your loss.. I can’t imagine.. I’ve been with my wife since I was 17 (I’m 38 now) and I would be a horrific human being if it weren’t for her. Growing is an amazing thing. It has helped me immensely with PTSD and has brought a calm to my life, I’m glad you found something to bring you joy.
Thank you mate, and yes 100 percent, growing is very therapeutical, its helped me a lot , focusing on my little ladies instead of the horrible stuff, and glad it’s helping you too 🙏

Ah this was the thread with the Biocanna discussion.
Are you still using it Kaldean?
I'm torn as now with the SIP container I'm using it's kinda not ideal as it can lead to stinky res.. and I would think they are more meant to be poured into the soil than into the reservoir.
But it works! And since I started using this stuff I've had nothing but happy plants and no excess or deficiency symptoms and nice big buds.

I kinda wouldn't mind something else to avoid the stink, but I fear other type nutes might be too aggressive or salty again.

Ah this was the thread with the Biocanna discussion.
Are you still using it Kaldean?
I'm torn as now with the SIP container I'm using it's kinda not ideal as it can lead to stinky res.. and I would think they are more meant to be poured into the soil than into the reservoir.
But it works! And since I started using this stuff I've had nothing but happy plants and no excess or deficiency symptoms and nice big buds.

I kinda wouldn't mind something else to avoid the stink, but I fear other type nutes might be too aggressive or salty again.
Hello fenderbender, what am I still using the Biocanna nutes ? I’m just preparing to start a new grow now, and yeah I’m gunna be using same nutes, soil etc, so you used the canna nutes with the SIP feed set up ? And yeah it does say they are meant to be used within 24 hours once mixed, maybe that’s where the smell is coming from ? But yeah the nutes are easy to use, I think maybe that where I was ph,ing the water last run I got the deficiency from there, it says with the soil and nutes don’t adjust ph, I’m not gunna do that this run, is there a thread on your biocanna sip feed ?

Yeah the link in my Signature gets you to current grow.
The stinky res is surely because of the nutes... rhizotonic is already very fishy now imagine that caked inside a res for a few months...but the plant doesn't mind at all.

Oh we don't have to ph the nutes? I mean I still do, I put it around 6,0-6,2 but only through adding tapwater as I'm using the biocanna with distilled water and that plummets to 5,2-3-ish
I also use calmag from the regular line and then it's just biorhizotonic & vega or flores.
Haven't picked up the bioboost.

I am going to use it on outside grow as well this year which should be more similar to your setup as it's under same style roof in the garden.

Looks like your lacking on mag.
That's my impression, too, @Timbo57

@Kaldean the leaves look like the plants need magnesium. If I were you I would mix 1 tsp of epsom salt into a half gallon of ph'd water and spray the underside of the leaves. It cannot hurt the plants, so it's not a mistake even if your problem has other aspects to it. A foliar spray is immediately accessible for the plant, you should see improvement the next day.

Yeah the link in my Signature gets you to current grow.
The stinky res is surely because of the nutes... rhizotonic is already very fishy now imagine that caked inside a res for a few months...but the plant doesn't mind at all.

Oh we don't have to ph the nutes? I mean I still do, I put it around 6,0-6,2 but only through adding tapwater as I'm using the biocanna with distilled water and that plummets to 5,2-3-ish
I also use calmag from the regular line and then it's just biorhizotonic & vega or flores.
Haven't picked up the bioboost.

I am going to use it on outside grow as well this year which should be more similar to your setup as it's under same style roof in the garden.
Hello fenderbender, sorry for the late reply, I was meant to message back the other day but once I got looking at your sip pot/grow I got lost :rofl: that looks awesome mate, I’m really confused about it all thou, I was wondering about the rhizoctonic thou, does that have to be use with the sip ? Iv never used the stuff tbh mate, just the vega and flora, and last grow I used the boost, that may ultimate the smell if it’s possible to grow like that without it, and I noticed when you emptied the pot the root system that was gathered at the, what I’m guessing was the water entrance, I should imagine that would be an easy fix thou, more entrances , but yeah it’s really intrigued me now, it’s a thousand times easier than growing normally, well the way I do with the soil,and your buds wasn’t tiny either was they:rofl: awesome mate, great stuff, I’m gunna be having a look into that now:thumb::adore:

That's my impression, too, @Timbo57

@Kaldean the leaves look like the plants need magnesium. If I were you I would mix 1 tsp of epsom salt into a half gallon of ph'd water and spray the underside of the leaves. It cannot hurt the plants, so it's not a mistake even if your problem has other aspects to it. A foliar spray is immediately accessible for the plant, you should see improvement the next day.
Hi @Emeraldo @Timbo57 , the grows completed a few months back now, but yeah I think I had problems from the start, first winter grow iv done ( won’t be doing another :rofl: ) couldn’t keep the temperatures high enough and the humidity low enough, and when I first started, I didn’t feed for at least 8 weeks in, the plants looked ok so i didn’t bother lol, so yeah it was likely I completely depleted the soil of nutes, and then I over did it with kalmag and one went really rough, then I think I defoliated a bit too much late on:rofl: so yeah it was a bit of a mate lol, but the plant that went bad from the kalmag ended up with the hardest buds, so that’s got me thinking in it, and the harvest was the best iv had, with the mainlining the buds was all quality from what iv had previous, take a look at the pics I put up, thank yous for the help, I will remember in future that the Epsom salts ain’t gunna do damage like the kalmag will:thanks::thumb:

Hello fenderbender, sorry for the late reply, I was meant to message back the other day but once I got looking at your sip pot/grow I got lost :rofl: that looks awesome mate, I’m really confused about it all thou, I was wondering about the rhizoctonic thou, does that have to be use with the sip ? Iv never used the stuff tbh mate, just the vega and flora, and last grow I used the boost, that may ultimate the smell if it’s possible to grow like that without it, and I noticed when you emptied the pot the root system that was gathered at the, what I’m guessing was the water entrance, I should imagine that would be an easy fix thou, more entrances , but yeah it’s really intrigued me now, it’s a thousand times easier than growing normally, well the way I do with the soil,and your buds wasn’t tiny either was they:rofl: awesome mate, great stuff, I’m gunna be having a look into that now:thumb::adore:
Oh, Rhizotonic is supposed to be good for root health and growth so I use it to prep everything with nothing to do with the SIP.

This thread probably has the most info on it and there's many ways you can easily make one.

The roots at the entrance didn't eventually really form a problem, one would preferably want roots everywhere, it's just that my pot is kinda a bit too big for the size of grows I do in the tent. I keep the plant very compact and yes the buds were definitely an enjoyable size, if I had a bit more power in the light I could get them a lot longer as well but the girth was surely thanks to the SIP as she can drink and eat whenever she likes.
I think I could avoid the roots at the entrance if I first form a root ball and uppot..then I'll probably have roots that do a lot more soil exploring before hitting the lower layer but because I seed into the pot that first root goes straight down until she reaches the goodies.

And you're right shaping the plant with mainlining also does a lot to improve the buds you're getting. Structure is key certainly inside under LED you want everything to be the same size & height.

I would definitely try one out if I were you, the ease of just being able to fill a reservoir and not worry about when to water is a huge thing, being able to feed full strength nutes all the time is also big.. I'm on my second SIP grow now and it's also looking good, I have yet to see a complaint of the plant.
My theory is that because you're not pouring everything through the root system but just let the roots do their job pulling things up she can be a lot more selective in using and steering what she needs.

Oh, Rhizotonic is supposed to be good for root health and growth so I use it to prep everything with nothing to do with the SIP.

This thread probably has the most info on it and there's many ways you can easily make one.

The roots at the entrance didn't eventually really form a problem, one would preferably want roots everywhere, it's just that my pot is kinda a bit too big for the size of grows I do in the tent. I keep the plant very compact and yes the buds were definitely an enjoyable size, if I had a bit more power in the light I could get them a lot longer as well but the girth was surely thanks to the SIP as she can drink and eat whenever she likes.
I think I could avoid the roots at the entrance if I first form a root ball and uppot..then I'll probably have roots that do a lot more soil exploring before hitting the lower layer but because I seed into the pot that first root goes straight down until she reaches the goodies.

And you're right shaping the plant with mainlining also does a lot to improve the buds you're getting. Structure is key certainly inside under LED you want everything to be the same size & height.

I would definitely try one out if I were you, the ease of just being able to fill a reservoir and not worry about when to water is a huge thing, being able to feed full strength nutes all the time is also big.. I'm on my second SIP grow now and it's also looking good, I have yet to see a complaint of the plant.
My theory is that because you're not pouring everything through the root system but just let the roots do their job pulling things up she can be a lot more selective in using and steering what she needs.
Hello mate, and yes your definitely making sense with it all, if the roots are established in a smaller pot first, then like you say, there just gunna wonder about already having the root ball, and with the plant taking up what it needs, makes sense to, like you say, when you give them water like I do they only get a short period of grabbing whatever they can, but with the sip it’s on hand for them all the time , makes proper sense, wish I started out growing this way from the beginning, much better for the plant and makes it a whole lot easier from our point of view with the watering malarkey :rofl: I will be having a look at the link you sent when I get a chance,I understand what it’s about, , just need a clear picture in me head of what the pot needs to be like if your with me, and yeah I did see the other grow you started, in soil in it, im getting excited mate:rofl::thumb: great stuff fenderbender :thumb: :adore:

Hello fenderbender, what am I still using the Biocanna nutes ? I’m just preparing to start a new grow now, and yeah I’m gunna be using same nutes, soil etc, so you used the canna nutes with the SIP feed set up ? And yeah it does say they are meant to be used within 24 hours once mixed, maybe that’s where the smell is coming from ? But yeah the nutes are easy to use, I think maybe that where I was ph,ing the water last run I got the deficiency from there, it says with the soil and nutes don’t adjust ph, I’m not gunna do that this run, is there a thread on your biocanna sip feed ?
True I noticed a sourd smell in my jugs after mixing nutes trying to keep them to long layer of mold on top the water floating inside the jug yuk

Back
Top Bottom