Help please, turning yellow

The person used a clothes storage container and modified it with a hose to fill and empty if i grow photo period i normally go with 20ltr 12ltr for auto i just ran out of coco i think bluter showed me there hempy in a 1ltr very nice plants they was the size of my one gal if not bigger i was going to look into hempy myself but my nute mix can only be out 48hrs yours can be out 7 days
I haven’t had a chance to look into it yet agedmaster, but it does sound good don’t it, and I’m sure it says to use my nutes within 24 hours, but I can always change nutes to suit, and I was gunna cut my size pots down to 2 gallons, I’m sure that just under 10L, dya think that’s the right thing it to stick with my 12L ones ?

check out the sips thread as well

both sips and hempy can be scaled up or down fairly successfully. the first hempys were in 2L pop bottles. but folk quickly grew the method. one member did 20L monsters outdoor then quit growing for a while as he had all he needed lol.
Hi bluter, I haven’t had a chance to look yet mate, but I definitely will, and the sip, I liked the sound of that when it was first mentioned, it’s gotta be worth a try I’m thinking, ole I did find this about what’s in the canna stuff, sure I read that the elements are not measurable or something like that, but it says the EC and PH don’t need to be worried about, don’t know how true any of this is but yeah, take a look :thumb:

Canna Bio Terra Plus Soil Mix - potting soil

Canna Bio Terra Plus is not just another organic soil, it is the ultimate mix for the discerning grower. Composed of different grades of peat, bark, and coco coir, the use of perlite is no longer necessary to obtain oxygen-rich, well drained potting mix. This mix is essential in the control of root borne pathogens as well as ensuring a strong healthy plant, capable of revisiting both pests and pathogens. Canna selects on the best, 100% organic components for Bio Terra Plus. This means you can use it for both mineral and all natural growing, without the risk of unhealthy contaminants.

Bio Terra Plus is specially designed and formulated with Canna's Terra Vega and Terra Flores, as well as BioCanna nutrients. Start by using Vega and switch to Flores when the first signs of flowering appear after changing the length of day. When Bio Terra Plus is used with these nutrients, both new and experienced growers will continue to achieve optimum results. Bio Terra Plus, pH balanced and adjusted, provides the optimum base for achieving professional results.

With Bio Terra Plus, the EC and pH value do not need to be measured, as you should when using a mineral medium. Organic medium and nutrients are not made of mineral salts but organically bound elements, which are not measurable. The medium has a natural pH, this will keep the soil in balance by itself.

With Bio Terra Plus, the EC and pH value do not need to be measured, as you should when using a mineral medium. Organic medium and nutrients are not made of mineral salts but organically bound elements, which are not measurable. The medium has a natural pH, this will keep the soil in balance by itself.

i don't trust that at all. there would be no need to even measure inputs if that is at all true. there's no such thing as organic in a bottle. it has never worked that way. even organically derived nutes can have lockouts or toxicities. you can't have it both ways.

i don't trust that at all. there would be no need to even measure inputs if that is at all true. there's no such thing as organic in a bottle. it has never worked that way. even organically derived nutes can have lockouts or toxicities. you can't have it both ways.
i don’t really understand any of it, but it makes no sense them saying you don’t need to check stuff when they can’t even tell you what’s in theirs, but you know mate, their gunna make it sound good to sell their stuff int they

Hi pal your nutes can be out 7 days i think i might try them nutes and soil on one plant i want to have a challenge i have some afghan kush seeds i could try with i will show u if your still active on here

Directions of Use for Bio Boost​

• Give Bio Boost alongside your regular feed
  • Shake well before use
  • Dosage: Use a dilution ratio of approximately 20 ml per 10 L of water from the moment that flowers start to form. For extra flowering strength, dilute 40 ml per 10 L of water.
  • Do not use in combination with products containing hydrogen peroxide (H202)
  • Use diluted solution within 7 days
  • Bio Boost can be given manually, through drip irrigation or by foliar feeding

i don’t really understand any of it, but it makes no sense them saying you don’t need to check stuff when they can’t even tell you what’s in theirs, but you know mate, their gunna make it sound good to sell their stuff int they
canna is not going to lie there a top company in uk on my bottle it states everything if u listen to what they say u should be fine

Hi pal your nutes can be out 7 days i think i might try them nutes and soil on one plant i want to have a challenge i have some afghan kush seeds i could try with i will show u if your still active on here

Directions of Use for Bio Boost​

• Give Bio Boost alongside your regular feed
  • Shake well before use
  • Dosage: Use a dilution ratio of approximately 20 ml per 10 L of water from the moment that flowers start to form. For extra flowering strength, dilute 40 ml per 10 L of water.
  • Do not use in combination with products containing hydrogen peroxide (H202)
  • Use diluted solution within 7 days
  • Bio Boost can be given manually, through drip irrigation or by foliar feeding
Hi mate, that’s good to know about the boost, I just ordered that expensive stuff lol, , but the others, the vega and Flores have to be used within 24 hours, and I think the damage in my plant has slowed now, got a few leaves but I think it’s gunna be ok :thumb:

62A26CC1-8CBF-41A2-9D8A-5552D8B5815F.png

CD68715A-FFD6-4DC8-AEBF-0F0FB1766816.png

canna is not going to lie there a top company in uk on my bottle it states everything if u listen to what they say u should be fine
Yeah it’s straight forward to use, it was just me panicking with the temp and humidity out of control, and not being able to feed as normal with them not drying out they was lacking food, everything’s a bit more stable now, temps are 66-68 with the light off, so that’s helping dry them out, and around the 72 with them on, and humidity is down to mid to high 50’s, that could be lower but It’s a lot more stable now, and yeah I always have a look on here even when I ain’t growing, so I will be looking forward to your grow :thumb::thanks:

Yeah it’s straight forward to use, it was just me panicking with the temp and humidity out of control, and not being able to feed as normal with them not drying out they was lacking food, everything’s a bit more stable now, temps are 66-68 with the light off, so that’s helping dry them out, and around the 72 with them on, and humidity is down to mid to high 50’s, that could be lower but It’s a lot more stable now, and yeah I always have a look on here even when I ain’t growing, so I will be looking forward to your grow :thumb::thanks:
Thats good to no about nutes bit stupid that boost can be out 7 days when u mix with other nutes the boost is good stuff i use coco version it helps prevent disease i had 70% humidity all through last grow with no bud rot my auto had water on leaves so i stripped it right down took about 100 leaves off didn't slow down at all or rot

also try have a fan blowing on your soil should dry a llittle faster

If you ever want to try making your own soil, you could make organic living soil with what's available to you in the UK.

You could start with some good topsoil, either buy it or mine it from the countryside.

Here's some ingreds to add, in the right proportions, to provide everything your plants need:

• chicken or rabbit manure compost (contains NPK and most micro-nutrients)
• coconut coir (compressed block; get the good stuff... pre washed)
• perlite
• worm casting (microbes, micro-nutrients, fulvic & humic acids)
• mycorrhizal fungi (root booster... a good brand is Mykos)
• kelp meal (iron and all sorts of good stuff)
• check your gardening or grow shop for:
• seabird guano (Ca, P)​
• dolomite lime (Ca, Mg)​
• greensand (K, Fe, Si)​
• gypsum (Ca, S)​
• potassium sulfate (K, S)​

1674892167326.png
There's also a high-N liquid fert that's available all over the world for free, NPK is about 11-2-4. It also contains Na, Cl, Mg, and Ca. Plants love it.

Fun Fact: Maned wolves have urine that smells like cannabis. [ source ]

If you ever want to try making your own soil, you could make organic living soil with what's available to you in the UK.

You could start with some good topsoil, either buy it or mine it from the countryside.

Here's some ingreds to add, in the right proportions, to provide everything your plants need:

• chicken or rabbit manure compost (contains NPK and most micro-nutrients)
• coconut coir (compressed block; get the good stuff... pre washed)
• perlite
• worm casting (microbes, micro-nutrients, fulvic & humic acids)
• mycorrhizal fungi (root booster... a good brand is Mykos)
• kelp meal (iron and all sorts of good stuff)
• check your gardening or grow shop for:
• seabird guano (Ca, P)​
• dolomite lime (Ca, Mg)​
• greensand (K, Fe, Si)​
• gypsum (Ca, S)​
• potassium sulfate (K, S)​

1674892167326.png
There's also a high-N liquid fert that's available all over the world for free, NPK is about 11-2-4. It also contains Na, Cl, Mg, and Ca. Plants love it.

Fun Fact: Maned wolves have urine that smells like cannabis. [ source ]
That's good to no do u need RO though i was in a shop last week that sells a few things u mention i only looked quick didn't have a clue what to use

OK. Are you saying that you would need to use reverse osmosis water, rather than hard tap water? Do you live somewhere where you could catch rain water?
i cant as i live in a block of flats surrounded by other flats i couldn't bring water in either i could get RO filter but i would have to put it in my bathroom if that would be ok i have a shower and bath. I can't put it in my kitchen as i have gas person come check meter once a year my gas meter is under sink and he will wonder what the big filter is under my sink

I don't know what you mean by organic, or why you are concerned about that.

Your tap water will contain very tiny amounts of minerals. One concern would be chlorine. As for minerals like calcium, I don't think you need to even pay any attention to that – the amounts are too small. One way to get rid of the chlorine is to just fill a bucket with water and leave it exposed to the air for 1-5 days (depends on chlorine concentration), or use an air stone in the bucket for 24 hours. You may need to adjust the pH of the water, I don't know, but that's a simple thing.

If you want to use very pure water, you could you use a countert op filterthat's connected to your kitchen faucet. I also see there's such a thing as a countertop RO. You could also use a Berkey filter – that's what I use here in Hawaii for our drinking water. Berkey is a great system because the filters last for a very long time, and their "Black Filter" does remove chlorine. Depending on the number of plants you are watering, you might need the largest Berkey**, with the max number of filter elements, because it's a gravity flow system and somewhat slow if you use a small number of filter elements.

** The Crown Berkey... "Configured with 8 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Crown Berkey system can purify up to 26 gallons (98.4 liters) of purified water per hour"

i cant as i live in a block of flats surrounded by other flats i couldn't bring water in either i could get RO filter but i would have to put it in my bathroom if that would be ok i have a shower and bath. I can't put it in my kitchen as i have gas person come check meter once a year my gas meter is under sink and he will wonder what the big filter is under my sink
You can't bring water into flats? or have a filter? I mean those things are not specific to cannabis growing.. now If you were carrying a wasted girl and a bag of fertiliser..

You can't bring water into flats? or have a filter? I mean those things are not specific to cannabis growing.. now If you were carrying a wasted girl and a bag of fertiliser..
I probably could but i would have to bring 21ltrs a week in as for filter better to be safe than sorry theres a camera right near front door and ive never brought water past it they will be thinking its a bit strange

Regarding hard tap water – "hard" means it contains minerals, not that it contains contaminants. So when you say "nutes in the water" not being organic, what you're actually referring to are the contaminants. Depending on what kind of contaminants are in the water, and in what quantities, one may opt to filter the water, which is why I gave some filtration options (UK sellers).

My perspective is that there's probably not enough of any of the essential minerals in the hard tap water, including calcium. But that's up to the grower to determine, and to include additional minerals as needed when making a custom soil mix. I think we already established that there wasn't enough iron in the tap water.

My recommendation would be to filter the tap water. But this is @Kaldean's thread, not yours, so if he wants to take a crack at making his own soil, then he can also consider the best water options.

I grow some nice cannabis outdoors in greenhouses, using custom-made organic living soil, and watering with rainwater. My plants are growing in sunlight, which varies over the course of the year. In winter, the sun is low to the south, so the plants are reaching for light. I grow sativas, indicas, and both CBD and CBG plants. I don't do any type of LST or other training. I top my plants sometimes, so that they'll be more bushy, and I also prune them and do a form of lollipopping. I have a perpetual grow and regularly clone to produce the next plants for flowering.

Here's some of my plants from last June & July...

A CBD pheno
cbd_colas1-jpg.2539127

Gelato hybrids... genetics from Humboldt, Calif.
gelatos1-jpg.2549278

Kush x GSC
kush_buds3-jpg.2556301

Back
Top Bottom