Help please, turning yellow

You think the mineral content in hard water is negligible? I have crystals forming in the steam when I boil a kettle.
Then why it often causes problems? I could try bubbling it out more with a pump as you mention as the time frame you gave with bubbler is the amount of time I just let it rest which doesn't seem enough.
But at them moment I'm happy with the distilled/tap combo I'm using.

You think the mineral content in hard water is negligible? I have crystals forming in the steam when I boil a kettle.
Then why it often causes problems? I could try bubbling it out more with a pump as you mention as the time frame you gave with bubbler is the amount of time I just let it rest which doesn't seem enough.
But at them moment I'm happy with the distilled/tap combo I'm using.
From my perspective, I'm guessing it would not be substantial enough to meet the mineral needs of the plants. But it depends on each person's analysis of their tap water. I'm not trying here to interpret anyone's water test results. As I said, I'm recommending filtration, including filtration that will remove chlorine. If your water is causing problems, then it would be good to determine what exactly in the water is causing the problem – too many minerals (which ones?), chlorine, pH? Bubbling it out... that's chlorine. But I was talking about that method in the case you don't use a filter.

The main point I'm trying to make – if a person wants to make their own soil, and you have hard tap water, then there are ways to work around that. Not just give up and say I can't make my own soil, or use some type of liquid nutes or another, because my tap water is hard.

also the only reason u mention iron is because someone else told u in your thread u was in need of iron now your telling op he needs iron if u cant tell that your own plants need iron don't tell someone else they do
@el gringuito suggested iron, and I looked it up to confirm, and that was a good call, and I said so. Now I shared that good information with other folks. That's how we roll on this forum here.

u would never no the amounts of calcium and magnesium though because our tap water has no limits on the amounts that's why you would have to buy water or get a filter i checked my water report and op's. Ive never used calmag my friend also grows rdwc and has never used calmag or minerals and he only changed res once a week

Thats good to no about nutes bit stupid that boost can be out 7 days when u mix with other nutes the boost is good stuff i use coco version it helps prevent disease i had 70% humidity all through last grow with no bud rot my auto had water on leaves so i stripped it right down took about 100 leaves off didn't slow down at all or rot

also try have a fan blowing on your soil should dry a llittle faster
Hi mate, and yeah it is stupid with the boost in it, makes no sense :rofl: And that’s good to hear about your humidity, thought I would definitely be getting mold/rot later down the line, maybe I might get away with it, the rand a good idea aswell mate, just don’t think I could get another one in there lol, I will see what I can do, thanks mate:thanks::thumb:

Thats good to no about nutes bit stupid that boost can be out 7 days when u mix with other nutes the boost is good stuff i use coco version it helps prevent disease i had 70% humidity all through last grow with no bud rot my auto had water on leaves so i stripped it right down took about 100 leaves off didn't slow down at all or rot

also try have a fan blowing on your soil should dry a llittle faster
Hi mate, and yeah it is stupid with the boost in it, makes no sense :rofl: And that’s good to hear about your humidity, thought I would definitely be getting mold/rot later down the line, maybe I might get away with it, the rand a good idea aswell mate, just don’t think I could get another one in there lol, I will see what I can do, thanks mate:thanks::thumb:
oh use diluted solution within 7 days??
Mine has been in a reservoir for a month that doesn't sound great... well I did use it within 7 days as I made it and then put it to use by pouring it into the reservoir :D
canna do keep ya guessing don’t they fenderbender 😂 maybe the instructions are, do whatever works:rofl:
If you ever want to try making your own soil, you could make organic living soil with what's available to you in the UK.

You could start with some good topsoil, either buy it or mine it from the countryside.

Here's some ingreds to add, in the right proportions, to provide everything your plants need:

• chicken or rabbit manure compost (contains NPK and most micro-nutrients)
• coconut coir (compressed block; get the good stuff... pre washed)
• perlite
• worm casting (microbes, micro-nutrients, fulvic & humic acids)
• mycorrhizal fungi (root booster... a good brand is Mykos)
• kelp meal (iron and all sorts of good stuff)
• check your gardening or grow shop for:
• seabird guano (Ca, P)​
• dolomite lime (Ca, Mg)​
• greensand (K, Fe, Si)​
• gypsum (Ca, S)​
• potassium sulfate (K, S)​

1674892167326.png
There's also a high-N liquid fert that's available all over the world for free, NPK is about 11-2-4. It also contains Na, Cl, Mg, and Ca. Plants love it.

Fun Fact: Maned wolves have urine that smells like cannabis. [ source ]
i would love to be able to do that mate, don’t seem to get any time thou so just I just order stuff off the internet, I have read other peoples posts that to the same thing, make their soil, but wouldn’t know where to start, I do now thou lol, how can I save this post, cos when you soils like that then it’s just watering in it :thanks::thumb:

i would love to be able to do that mate, don’t seem to get any time thou so just I just order stuff off the internet, I have read other peoples posts that to the same thing, make their soil, but wouldn’t know where to start, I do now thou lol, how can I save this post, cos when you soils like that then it’s just watering in it

here's the link "Help please, turning yellow"
you can get to the link of any post by clicking on this icon
1675047377373.png
in the upper right.

Hi people, thought I would let you know what went on, managed to get to harvest with no other real problems, apart from heat and humidity, but yeah, with the mainlining I did I ended up with a much better quality crop, will put some pics up, the one with my hand in the pic is the smallest bud from the smallest plant:thumb: and thank you all for the help yous gave:thanks:

B9C99D42-7FE3-4909-A486-D5276BAB6809.jpeg

7E947E19-315A-447F-83F3-B0BC0DBAE031.jpeg

7ADABF7A-83C9-437D-8409-C8A56438E753.jpeg

149470FB-245A-4D89-A4D0-F9FA5F0BBDB7.jpeg

E78D69C6-F031-4923-9DDD-6BF88AE958B4.jpeg

07B0D4BE-4E30-4D94-89F1-941BA1BA4A61.jpeg

5E7106D9-95CE-4541-8DD8-5C6DC1491F7C.jpeg

BC9E4173-A956-455F-855D-4E3122E05260.jpeg

F9C71FAF-047B-402E-A4DB-98460FE36A97.jpeg

Thank you cbdhemp808, I’m really happy how it turned out with the mainlining , much better quality buds, takes a bit longer but we’ll worth it :thanks::thumb:
I've never tried it... maybe someday!

Hello mate, and sorry for the late reply, and your exactly right, fell asleep with all the bedroom door open and humidity dropped to 50, when I shit the door it goes back up to 70, so yeah it would do the same with the whole house after a little while, and that’s my problem, I ain’t venting outside, got away with it in the summer and didn’t even give it a thought this time round, I think mold will get me, but we will see, and I may be imagining things but it looks like the worse plant is going darker green with the extra kalmag and food, but I might be just hoping lol, and if I grow in the winter again I will be looking to get the outside venting done, thanks for the advise mate, very much appreciated :thanks: :thumb:
I'm not saying anyone is wrong but I have small grow its full.wall to wall.right now I use.inline booster fan 6inch its powerful enough it sucks the door on closet shut when it kicks in maaby if u hooked u one them up would take out all the heat most humidity u dont want it will suck.it right out just vent it outside 😊

Back
Top Bottom