Help please, turning yellow

So no biocanna?
So far it seems to be working like charm. Well over here at least.
Most of my growing woes vanished since I've started buying distilled water and only use a few cups of tap mixed in.
If I use all tap plants started exhibiting problems for sure at some point.
I'm just saying I wouldn't use it, for the reasons I gave. I don't buy any liquid ferts. I make my own organic living soil mix, so I'm used to adding individual organic ferts (see the link in my signature "My custom soil mix"). I also use solution grade potassium sulfate (K, S) and Langbeinite (K, Mg, S). I recently got some silicon dioxide powder, from ground up quartz. Also recently got some food-grade potassium citrate, to be used in a foliar spray for mold, and for feeding potassium. I check all my ferts for heavy metals (by checking lab reports). I also produce my own worm compost. And, I'm using very pure rainwater with a near-neutral pH.

To me, these liquid biocanna products are very low grade. I mean, they are using an industrial waste product as the main ingredient.

Are you in the UK? Fox Farm liquid products are available in the UK, but perhaps not many shops carry them. You can buy them online. For potting soil, I think SOHUM or Biobizz are available in the UK, and may be better than BIOCANNA, I don't know.

frankly i don't think it's really entirely organic in how the meaning of the word is applied. you would never need to flush in an organic nute grow.
The liquid biocanna ferts are made from vinasse – i.e. molasses type stuff, byproduct of ethanol production. They are OMRI listed; however, I highly doubt the sugarcane (or beets) were organically grown, meaning the crops were likely sprayed with pesticides and herbicides, and non-organic fertilizers were used. Vinasse contains heavy metals, sodium, and aluminum.

Hi people, iv just email canna to see if they can give me a list of the complete ingredients for the soil and nutrients, don’t think I will be hearing back :rofl: I do agree that there’s no clear info on the bottles or soil bag about what’s in it, so yeah, tried to email em lol, and by the way, completely lost me with all that, but what I do know is, iv only ever used this brand stuff, only my 3rd grow. The other 2 grows was fine. No problems, although I thought I did but realised the stem split on one plant through training, but recovered ok, so yeah I would say it’s pretty good stuff, I can only put this down to the season, not being able to water as usual, and my temps have been all over the place from 60 to 78, so maybe it’s that too, and I do think I went over board with the calmag, the plant that’s bad now didn’t have no problems before that, but like a twat I gave them all calmag, so more than likely my doing, but she’s still going, and the other 3 look ok, just hope she can recover before it’s to late for her, but yeah that’s where I’m at:thumb:

Hi people, iv just email canna to see if they can give me a list of the complete ingredients for the soil and nutrients, don’t think I will be hearing back :rofl: I do agree that there’s no clear info on the bottles or soil bag about what’s in it, so yeah, tried to email em lol, and by the way, completely lost me with all that, but what I do know is, iv only ever used this brand stuff, only my 3rd grow. The other 2 grows was fine. No problems, although I thought I did but realised the stem split on one plant through training, but recovered ok, so yeah I would say it’s pretty good stuff, I can only put this down to the season, not being able to water as usual, and my temps have been all over the place from 60 to 78, so maybe it’s that too, and I do think I went over board with the calmag, the plant that’s bad now didn’t have no problems before that, but like a twat I gave them all calmag, so more than likely my doing, but she’s still going, and the other 3 look ok, just hope she can recover before it’s to late for her, but yeah that’s where I’m at:thumb:
All good. I tend to analyze the sh** out of things, when my curiosity gets going. Cannabis does need the right amount of NPK and a range of specific micro-nutrients, so it's tricky to get it completely right, and I'm still working on it myself. And then all the other variables in a grow. We've got a spectrum of possibilities we are working with, from "it's a weed, it's gonna grow just fine in whatever soil" type philosophy, to producing plants with huge colas and exceptional resin production.

My philosophy is that growing cannabis should be fun and easy, so I keep that in mind, and then observe and make tweaks as needed. Attention to detail is key, in my opinion, because it ultimately leads to more fun and easy.

happy growing! 🌱

All good. I tend to analyze the sh** out of things, when my curiosity gets going. Cannabis does need the right amount of NPK and a range of specific micro-nutrients, so it's tricky to get it completely right, and I'm still working on it myself. And then all the other variables in a grow. We've got a spectrum of possibilities we are working with, from "it's a weed, it's gonna grow just fine in whatever soil" type philosophy, to producing plants with huge colas and exceptional resin production.

My philosophy is that growing cannabis should be fun and easy, so I keep that in mind, and then observe and make tweaks as needed. Attention to detail is key, in my opinion, because it ultimately leads to more fun and easy.

happy growing! 🌱
Yes mate I’m with ya there , it should be fun, when things go wrong you just hopefully learn and progress, i do want huge foot long buds thou like iv seen 😂 But that ain’t happening with my set up , but yeah I find the whole process very therapeutical, don’t like cutting em at the end thou, but you know, rewards of the labour lol, I was just looking into the biobizz soil and nutes, I liked the look of that last year before I went with the canna again, you have any idea what that’s like ?

...I was just looking into the biobizz soil and nutes, I liked the look of that last year before I went with the canna again, you have any idea what that’s like ?
Sorry, I don't know. Let's see if any of the other growers are familiar with Biobizz. You could probably use SOHUM or Biobizz soil, and then use Fox Farm's liquid veg and flower nutes.

your nutes and media is fine. you just have to dial it in a bit better. i've grown good weed with dozens of different nutes and media types. it always takes a couple grows to get accustomed to a new style.

Yes mate I’m with ya there , it should be fun, when things go wrong you just hopefully learn and progress, i do want huge foot long buds thou like iv seen But that ain’t happening with my set up

that's honestly more to do with light than anything else. there's a reason i pack 600+ watts of led in to a 4 x 4. light drives everything, and there's no such thing as light in a bottle.

light is job 1. after that everything is just to keep up to the light. that's it.

but yeah I find the whole process very therapeutical, don’t like cutting em at the end thou, but you know, rewards of the labour lol, I was just looking into the biobizz soil and nutes, I liked the look of that last year before I went with the canna again, you have any idea what that’s like ?

i'm pretty sure biocanna and biobizz are very similar to each other.

Yes mate I’m with ya there , it should be fun, when things go wrong you just hopefully learn and progress, i do want huge foot long buds thou like iv seen 😂 But that ain’t happening with my set up , but yeah I find the whole process very therapeutical, don’t like cutting em at the end thou, but you know, rewards of the labour lol, I was just looking into the biobizz soil and nutes, I liked the look of that last year before I went with the canna again, you have any idea what that’s like ?
Canna coco is good and the pro plus coco coir only thing is u will need to feed at least once a day but if something goes wrong it can easily be corrected here is a king tut in 1 gal and some skunk #1 autos the autos was when temps outside was 35c+ my tent was 30c because of the hps and weather but plants still grew fine i had to take auto down early because someone was coming to check alarms they still had at least 3 weeks the autos was the first time i grew from seed i used to grow the same strain for years
WP_20221101_16_04_45_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20220812_06_39_35_Pro - Copy.jpg

a friend also uses dutch pro in rdwc he uses 10ltr fabric pots with 60-40 coco mix canna sells the mix already done he averages 10 oz a plant then someone he knows got 47oz off 1 plant in a 150 ltr container dwc i would try but i live in a flat and theres cameras everywhere also moving 150ltrs of water a week would be real noisy and my bathroom is right next to main entrance

Sorry, I don't know. Let's see if any of the other growers are familiar with Biobizz. You could probably use SOHUM or Biobizz soil, and then use Fox Farm's liquid veg and flower nutes.
Hi mate, iv been looking at fox farm nutes for quite a while, it’s pricey stuff over her. Although the one with the gorilla on the front is ok price wise, Iv added it to me basket so it’s there :rofl: Cheers mate :thumb:

your nutes and media is fine. you just have to dial it in a bit better. i've grown good weed with dozens of different nutes and media types. it always takes a couple grows to get accustomed to a new style.

that's honestly more to do with light than anything else. there's a reason i pack 600+ watts of led in to a 4 x 4. light drives everything, and there's no such thing as light in a bottle.

light is job 1. after that everything is just to keep up to the light. that's it.

i'm pretty sure biocanna and biobizz are very similar to each other.
Yeah I understand with the light mate, but these led things are pretty expensive, I thought I was improving from the viparspectra with this phlizon, iv got more coverage that I needed but not the power, I was gunna go with the 600w hps, but was really worried about the heat, although then cooltubes look good, but yeah Iv grown twice in the summer and didn’t realise in the winter would it be so different, hps would of done lovely this time round, and yeah with the soil and nutes I use iv had no problems, about 2 oz a plant the other grows, but like I said, this winter season is crap :rofl: thanks mate:thumb:

Canna coco is good and the pro plus coco coir only thing is u will need to feed at least once a day but if something goes wrong it can easily be corrected here is a king tut in 1 gal and some skunk #1 autos the autos was when temps outside was 35c+ my tent was 30c because of the hps and weather but plants still grew fine i had to take auto down early because someone was coming to check alarms they still had at least 3 weeks the autos was the first time i grew from seed i used to grow the same strain for years
WP_20221101_16_04_45_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20220812_06_39_35_Pro - Copy.jpg
Wow, there we just one gallon pots, that’s another problem I have, think my pots are too big, I want to cunt them down to 2 gallons, 9L I think that is, it will dry out better that way aswell, and yeah I know the nutes and soil is good I use, just wanted to try something different to compare it with, there lovely plants there mate :thumb: and thank you:thanks:

a friend also uses dutch pro in rdwc he uses 10ltr fabric pots with 60-40 coco mix canna sells the mix already done he averages 10 oz a plant then someone he knows got 47oz off 1 plant in a 150 ltr container dwc i would try but i live in a flat and theres cameras everywhere also moving 150ltrs of water a week would be real noisy and my bathroom is right next to main entrance
Yes mate, 150 litre pot ain’t fitting In me flat :rofl:😂

Wow, there we just one gallon pots, that’s another problem I have, think my pots are too big, I want to cunt them down to 2 gallons, 9L I think that is, it will dry out better that way aswell, and yeah I know the nutes and soil is good I use, just wanted to try something different to compare it with, there lovely plants there mate and thank you

10L and 20L are pretty much standard indoor grow sizes. anything under has a tendency to not have enough media to get a plant to finish healthy. 10L and under grows are usually a hurry up to flip and hold on kind of thing. most guys run 20L/5gal grows.

if you need a good micro style look in to hempy. 1L in hempy hits near the same production levels as 1gal in other media. 1L = 1gal. i run 2.5L and 5L hempy grows. i've flowered plants in 750ML shampoo bottles.

it's a super cheap style to run as well. pretty much everything comes from the dollar store, not a hydro shop. incredibly small footprint too. my plants finish by 3ft tall or so, top 2/3's all bud, i lollipop the rest.

10L and 20L are pretty much standard indoor grow sizes. anything under has a tendency to not have enough media to get a plant to finish healthy. 10L and under grows are usually a hurry up to flip and hold on kind of thing. most guys run 20L/5gal grows.

if you need a good micro style look in to hempy. 1L in hempy hits near the same production levels as 1gal in other media. 1L = 1gal. i run 2.5L and 5L hempy grows. i've flowered plants in 750ML shampoo bottles.

it's a super cheap style to run as well. pretty much everything comes from the dollar store, not a hydro shop. incredibly small footprint too. my plants finish by 3ft tall or so, top 2/3's all bud, i lollipop the rest.
Iv just been having a quick look at your journal bluter, with the hempy, I’m liking the quickness of it , looks very interesting, I’m intrigued, I’m gunna have a proper look into it later, cheers for that mate :thanks: :thumb:

Yes mate, 150 litre pot ain’t fitting In me flat :rofl:😂
The person used a clothes storage container and modified it with a hose to fill and empty if i grow photo period i normally go with 20ltr 12ltr for auto i just ran out of coco i think bluter showed me there hempy in a 1ltr very nice plants they was the size of my one gal if not bigger i was going to look into hempy myself but my nute mix can only be out 48hrs yours can be out 7 days

Iv just been having a quick look at your journal bluter, with the hempy, I’m liking the quickness of it , looks very interesting, I’m intrigued, I’m gunna have a proper look into it later, cheers for that mate

check out the sips thread as well

both sips and hempy can be scaled up or down fairly successfully. the first hempys were in 2L pop bottles. but folk quickly grew the method. one member did 20L monsters outdoor then quit growing for a while as he had all he needed lol.

Back
Top Bottom