Help please, turning yellow

i finally found a set of their charts online i didn't have to download. the product line makes a lot more sense when you see the different feed charts.
Hi bluter, yeah I have that chart on my phone, but as I just explained to agedmaster, I read about my soil and it said enough nutrients in it for 8 weeks, I usually start nutes after 2 weeks but this time left it near on the 8 like they said, if you read the reply I sent agedmaster I explain a bit more there, thank you mate

never mix RO and tap water. dumbest idea ever. use one or the other and learn to grow that way. tap water changes throughout the year with seasonal differences. this idea of matching nutes to water hardness gradients is totally out to lunch.

typical of eurocentric products and typical of the problems we see here with it. this silly bio biz line is featured in the majority of threads trying to fix problems out of the uk.
Agreed mate, I can’t get RO water and if I could I would just use that, don’t make no sense mixing it with tap water does it

This might help make sense carry on with that schedule and u should be good dont flush i think u depleted what was in your soil

Selfregulation and slow release effect​

Bio Terra Plus is a pre-fertilised soil. The amount in which this pre-fertiliser is used by the soil depends on the degree on how the nutrients are administered. Bio Terra Plus regulates this by itself. So when you administer less nutrients it will use more of the pre-fertiliser and when you administer more nutrients it will reduce the amount of pre fertiliser needed The pre-fertilising remains present in the soil, even if it isn't (directly) necessary, the soil will save the pre-fertilising for when it is required. The self regulation doesn't depend on the water added but depends on climate temperatures.

Slow release: gradually releasing the usable fertilisers for the plant from organic complexes/molecules in the soil because of a sort of degradable process. This process will reduce less rapidly unless applied directly to the nutrients, it will be administered to the medium and vice versa.

Idiot Proof​

Because of the self regulation and the slow release effect it is quite difficult for you to make major feeding mistakes!

The soil has the possibility to correct your feeding schedule when needed.

This might help make sense carry on with that schedule and u should be good dont flush i think u depleted what was in your soil

Selfregulation and slow release effect​

Bio Terra Plus is a pre-fertilised soil. The amount in which this pre-fertiliser is used by the soil depends on the degree on how the nutrients are administered. Bio Terra Plus regulates this by itself. So when you administer less nutrients it will use more of the pre-fertiliser and when you administer more nutrients it will reduce the amount of pre fertiliser needed The pre-fertilising remains present in the soil, even if it isn't (directly) necessary, the soil will save the pre-fertilising for when it is required. The self regulation doesn't depend on the water added but depends on climate temperatures.

Slow release: gradually releasing the usable fertilisers for the plant from organic complexes/molecules in the soil because of a sort of degradable process. This process will reduce less rapidly unless applied directly to the nutrients, it will be administered to the medium and vice versa.

Idiot Proof​

Because of the self regulation and the slow release effect it is quite difficult for you to make major feeding mistakes!

The soil has the possibility to correct your feeding schedule when needed.
Didn’t see what you wrote at first agedmaster, and thought, what do I do with that, I showed them it’s not idiot proof :rofl: And yeah it makes sense what your saying now, I think your right, iv depleted it, and yeah I will carry on and hopefully things will get better, it’s put me at ease now knowing what’s more than likely gone on, thank you very much for that info and for your time agedmaster :thanks::thumb:

Didn’t see what you wrote at first agedmaster, and thought, what do I do with that, I showed them it’s not idiot proof :rofl: And yeah it makes sense what your saying now, I think your right, iv depleted it, and yeah I will carry on and hopefully things will get better, it’s put me at ease now knowing what’s more than likely gone on, thank you very much for that info and for your time agedmaster :thanks::thumb:
No problem at all pal

Yes mate I know, can’t get it down, trying to heat the whole room but can’t manage it, I will definitely not be growing in the winter again, first time iv tried, and the last :rofl: Just wanna try save these girls now, but my light I’m concerned about
I've got a little more than a 2 by 4 foot flower space downstairs. 325 watts barely do the job but the generated heat from the lights keeps my temperature at a comfy level.
:Namaste:

No problem at all pal
She started getting bad, the one what I sent pics of, 4 of the 8 colas so far, so I flushed her, it’s a 12L pot and I flushed through over 50, so hopefully I have a clean slate to start again, gunna give her a full dose feed and see how she goes:nervous-guy:

793A1136-9BA5-4E3B-835D-87B2307A7B3C.png

65195BB6-B6C2-4BA1-A5F4-FE6B3A24FF43.jpeg

FE44BA16-88F3-495D-9F7D-920A12950067.jpeg

ABDF71D2-54DF-4E27-B2D2-7E0A716BE868.jpeg

295ABE55-D2AF-4427-B2B6-9F2FF10DEE8B.jpeg

Hello mate, and sorry for the late reply, and your exactly right, fell asleep with all the bedroom door open and humidity dropped to 50, when I shit the door it goes back up to 70, so yeah it would do the same with the whole house after a little while, and that’s my problem, I ain’t venting outside, got away with it in the summer and didn’t even give it a thought this time round, I think mold will get me, but we will see, and I may be imagining things but it looks like the worse plant is going darker green with the extra kalmag and food, but I might be just hoping lol, and if I grow in the winter again I will be looking to get the outside venting done, thanks for the advise mate, very much appreciated :thanks: :thumb:
Stop shitting the door. Lmao 🤣. You're making it too moist.

did u look at the water report and micrograms is ug/l mg/l is Milligram 200 mg/l would be 200ppm 200 micrograms is 0.2 miligrams 0.1ppm and all water in England contains iron unless your in a rare soft water area thats why a question i always ask is what is your ec u no from ec if water is hard i dont ask area as its a bit intrusive
No I didn't look at the report. The online calculator I used was wrong. The correct answer: 200 micrograms per liter = .2 ppm. Very low.

Back to the kelp meal comparison... One supplier says, "add 1-2 tbsp per gallon of soil."

Kelp meal contains 622 ppm iron. 622 ppm = 622,000 ug per 1 liter = .622 g per 67.628 tbsp = .0184 g per 2 tbsp. If that 2 tbsp of kelp meal is added to 1 gal soil, you then have .0184 g per 1 gal soil.

Converting back to 1 liter to determine ppm:

.0184 g per 1 gal soil = 18400 ug per 1 gal soil. The same concentration in 1 liter is 4861 ug, which is 4.861 ppm.

So, tap water in England, 0.2 ppm iron. Recommended dose of iron in 1 gal of soil, 4.861 ppm. The kelp meal provides about 24 times the amount of iron as the tap water.

No I didn't look at the report. The online calculator I used was wrong. The correct answer: 200 micrograms per liter = .2 ppm. Very low.

Back to the kelp meal comparison... One supplier says, "add 1-2 tbsp per gallon of soil."

Kelp meal contains 622 ppm iron. 622 ppm = 622,000 ug per 1 liter = .622 g per 67.628 tbsp = .0184 g per 2 tbsp. If that 2 tbsp of kelp meal is added to 1 gal soil, you then have .0184 g per 1 gal soil.

Converting back to 1 liter to determine ppm:

.0184 g per 1 gal soil = 18400 ug per 1 gal soil. The same concentration in 1 liter is 4861 ug, which is 4.861 ppm.

So, tap water in England, 0.2 ppm iron. Recommended dose of iron in 1 gal of soil, 4.861 ppm. The kelp meal provides about 24 times the amount of iron as the tap water.
Hi pal it might be low but canna nutrients will also contain iron there complete nutrients if u start messing with things u dont need it will cause all sorts of problems

Hi pal it might be low but canna nutrients will also contain iron there complete nutrients if u start messing with things u dont need it will cause all sorts of problems

How much iron is in the BIOCANNA soil and in the Bio Flores nutes? I see BIOCANNA is not forthcoming about the actual ingredients. Good luck finding out how much iron is in the stuff.

What do you want to bet there's not enough iron in either product? They don't provide a guaranteed analysis – a quantitative breakdown of the minerals/micronutrients. This likely means the lab analysis wasn't great.

For the soil, this is all they say:
1674635875277.png

For Bio Flores:
  • NPK: 2.5 - 2.2 - 5
  • "Bio Flores is made of fermented plant material it provides many of the necessary minerals in the correct proportions."
Yeah right!

But not to worry...

How much iron is in the BIOCANNA soil and in the Bio Flores nutes? I see BIOCANNA is not forthcoming about the actual ingredients. Good luck finding out how much iron is in the stuff.

What do you want to bet there's not enough iron in either product? They don't provide a guaranteed analysis – a quantitative breakdown of the minerals/micronutrients. This likely means the lab analysis wasn't great.

For the soil, this is all they say:
1674635875277.png

For Bio Flores:
  • NPK: 2.5 - 2.2 - 5
  • "Bio Flores is made of fermented plant material it provides many of the necessary minerals in the correct proportions."
Yeah right!

have u ever grown with canna if u buy there complete range and use correct u will not have issues why would canna sell a product that dont work no one would go back that damage is using calmag when u dont need it happened to me when i first joined this site i was told feed calmag made things worse

I don't know, but why would they not disclose what's in their products? Don't make assumptions.

I don't know, but why would they not disclose what's in their products? Don't make assumptions.

Thats not what hes using hes using bio vega the iron will be in that my water report has low iron i dont see issues using canna unless used wrong

Thats not what hes using hes using bio vega the iron will be in that my water report has low iron i dont see issues using canna unless used wrong
No, I think he switched to Bio Flores, which makes sense because the plants are flowering now. You said, "The iron will be in that"... you have no proof. The company doesn't indicate how much of any nutrients are in their products, except for NPK. I'm pretty sure they expect people to buy their "Mono" nutrient products.

Go on believing in BIOCANNA, but I'm pointing out the truth about these products whether you like it or not. It's a red flag to me that they don't supply guaranteed analysis – i.e. breakdown of minerals and quantities.

In comparison, look at Fox Farm Happy Frog potting soil:

Guaranteed Analysis
Total Nitrogen (N)……….6.00%
5.000% Water Insoluble Nitrogen*
Available Phosphate (p2O5)……….4.00%
Soluble Potash (K2O)……….5.00%
Calcium (Ca)……….8.4%
Magnesium (Mg)……….1.25%
1.25% Water Soluble Magnesium
Derived from feather meal, bone meal, hydrolyzed fish, fish meal, fish bone meal, alfalfa meal, sulfate of potash magnesia, blood meal, bat guano, rock phosphate, kelp meal and gypsum.

*5.000% slow-release nitrogen from feather meal and fish meal.

And Fox Farm Tiger Bloom liquid fertilizer:

Guaranteed Analysis
Total Nitrogen (N)……….2.0%
0.10% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
1.90% Nitrate Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5)……….8.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O)……….4.0%
Magnesium (Mg)……….0.5%
0.5% Water soluble Magnesium
Contains Trace Minerals
Boron (B)………..0.02%
Copper (Cu)……….0.05%
0.05% Chelated Copper
Iron (Fe)………..0.12%
0.12% Chelated Iron
Manganese (Mn)……….0.06%
0.06% Chelated Manganese
Zinc (Zn)……….0.05%
0.05% Chelated Zinc
Derived from calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate, ammonium nitrate, ammonium posphate, potassium phosphate, potassium nitrate, earthworm castings,
kelp, iron EDTA, zinc EDTA, manganese EDTA, copper EDTA, chelating agent, disodium ethylenediamine tetra acetate (EDTA), and sodium borate.

DISCLAIMER: I have no affiliation with any company selling fertilizers or any other products for gardening or growing cannabis.

No, I think he switched to Bio Flores, which makes sense because the plants are flowering now. You said, "The iron will be in that"... you have no proof. The company doesn't indicate how much of any nutrients are in their products, except for NPK. I'm pretty sure they expect people to buy their "Mono" nutrient products.

Go on believing in BIOCANNA, but I'm pointing out the truth about these products whether you like it or not. It's a red flag to me that they don't supply guaranteed analysis – i.e. breakdown of what's in the product and quantities.

In comparison, look at Fox Farm Happy Frog potting soil:

Guaranteed Analysis
Total Nitrogen (N)……….6.00%
5.000% Water Insoluble Nitrogen*
Available Phosphate (p2O5)……….4.00%
Soluble Potash (K2O)……….5.00%
Calcium (Ca)……….8.4%
Magnesium (Mg)……….1.25%
1.25% Water Soluble Magnesium
Derived from feather meal, bone meal, hydrolyzed fish, fish meal, fish bone meal, alfalfa meal, sulfate of potash magnesia, blood meal, bat guano, rock phosphate, kelp meal and gypsum.
*5.000% slow-release nitrogen from feather meal and fish meal.

And Fox Farm Tiger Bloom liquid fertilizer:

Guaranteed Analysis
Total Nitrogen (N)……….2.0%
0.10% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
1.90% Nitrate Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5)……….8.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O)……….4.0%
Magnesium (Mg)……….0.5%
0.5% Water soluble Magnesium
Contains Trace Minerals
Boron (B)………..0.02%
Copper (Cu)……….0.05%
0.05% Chelated Copper
Iron (Fe)………..0.12%
0.12% Chelated Iron
Manganese (Mn)……….0.06%
0.06% Chelated Manganese
Zinc (Zn)……….0.05%
0.05% Chelated Zinc
Derived from calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate, ammonium nitrate, ammonium posphate, potassium phosphate, potassium nitrate, earthworm castings, kelp, iron EDTA, zinc EDTA, manganese EDTA, copper EDTA, chelating agent, disodium ethylenediamine tetra acetate (EDTA), and sodium borate.

DISCLAIMER: I have no affiliation with any company selling fertilizers or any other products for gardening or growing cannabis.
Yes they do expect people to use that if u use ro or have soft water not hard water what he is using and it does state whats in the bottle on the back in percentages. Like i say states water is completly different to europe i dont think ive ever come across someone from uk using fox farm you have been wrong on everything yet keep trying to prove me wrong

Hard water? This conversation started because I wanted to know how much iron OP is feeding his plants. Nobody including you has been able to answer that question, except that OP's hard water contains 0.2 ppm iron, which isn't enough. Yet you seem to be again claiming that there's enough iron in the water – there isn't.

You have your signals crossed there my friend – I am only using Fox Farm as an EXAMPLE of a company that actually provides guaranteed analysis of the contents of their products. If you are so familiar with BIOCANNA products, then why don't you go ahead and provide us here with the guaranteed analysis, from the back of the bag, or the bottle?

How much iron is there in BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus potting soil, and BIOCANNA Bio Flores?

How much magnesium, calcium, boron, copper, iron, manganese, molybdenum, sulfur, zinc?

Bio Terra Plus lists no minerals on the back of the bag.

For Bio Vega and Bio Flores, it's as I expected... there's basically no minerals in these products... only N,P,K, and S.

These labels are from 2018. Maybe OP can check his labels.

Bio Vega
1674643624205.png

Bio Flores
1674643669693.png

These two products are almost identical... what a joke.

I can guarantee you that other growers have had problems using BIOCANNA when they only use the potting soil plus Vega and Flores. Is anyone else out there using BIOCANNA right now?

These products are made from "vinasse", which is a byproduct of the sugar and ethanol industries. If this is sugar cane derived, there's a potential for heavy metals content – lead, arsenic, etc.

By the way, I understand that Fox Farm products are available in the UK. They may cost more, I don't know, but you get what you pay for.

Im using canna coco what i can tell u is my tap water has less 29ug/l my coco bottle says 0.002% iron chelated by dtpa the bottle you have posted does not state how many of any mineral there is yet canna says it contains minerals why would canna lie my bottle says all ingredients do a search for iron deficiency using canna bio products i cant find one and op grew this way in summer but feeding was different because of weather until u can state the iron percentage u shouldn't assume

Back
Top Bottom