Help please, turning yellow

Yes mate that’s my intentions, to dry it out more then I can feed more, and yep, I did over do it with the defoliation, but I’m thinking less leaves to feed then the nutes might work better, and yeah still a bit off but don’t wanna overdo it with nutes and kalmag, it’s only been a few days and like you say it looks like there is some improvement, but yeah, need more heat to dry them out quicker, thanks mate :thanks: :thumb:
You want a Dehumidifier. Mine is a GE 22 pt. Fills up in a day when it's humid out. Mostly after a good rain. It also puts out heat from it. So that could solve your RH / Temp issues.

... and iv taken a lot of the foliage off, dunno if that was the right thing but I did it anyway, here’s some pics of how there looking, ...
There is a lot taken off. Best to go slowly if you are not sure that whatever you want to try is the right thing or not.

The leaves are where the photosynthesis takes place and without that happening all the nutrients will not matter. To me you have taken off too many fan leaves but it is what it is. Do not take off any more and you should be able to go all the way through to the end with what is left on the plants.

Impressive job on the training. Just be careful on how many leaves get removed at this stage of the game.

U shouldn't need any minerals with hard tap water there should be enough there. According to he's supply theres 200 micrograms per ltr of water i dont no if thats enough as ive never grown RO to no what to add but if he is deficient i no canna do a mono range with trace elements bluter might no
I'm talking specifically about iron, and I think in no way can one assume that hard tap water contains any iron, or enough iron. Do you mean 200 ug per liter iron... that's 0.2 ppm. For comparison, kelp meal contains 622 ppm iron.

Im not using a humidifier at the minute u want one with two nosles though i was looking it was around 60 pound ive seen other people using the same one i would show u but i dont think u can show advertisements on here u would be good for humidity for flowering its just veg ive had 30% to 40% right from start im currently 3 weeks in
Yeah I’m not sure about what you can say on here either, noticed someone else said a name of a humidifier thou

many good answers to your qestion - what about the old way : flush with H20 and let dry for 7days Then re-adjust nutes ? You know that it takes about a week for the nutrients you water to show their results (spider roots - to stalk - to bud sites)
Hi safeman, I could do that but wouldn’t the lack of nutes increase ? I’m pretty sure there lacking food because I haven’t been able to water as frequent as I usually do, being the winter and the soil not drying out, well I’m hoping it’s that anyway 😂 But it’s something to keep in mind if things get worse, I think I noticed nute burn on the Girl Scout cookies, but there not really being effected, it’s these purple urkle that’s got the problems, we’ll just one of them really, but I’m thinking if one’s lacking then it’s just a matter of time before they all start showing signs so I’m trying to get on top of it, and thanks mate for your time and help:thanks::thumb:

are u pulling air in from outside if u are taking it from another room should lower humidity as its 76% outside now
Hi agedmaster, and no, it’s all in the same room, just venting in the room the tents in, I have seen that it’s not the way to go but my past grows was fine, but it was the summer and I think that’s the problem

There is a lot taken off. Best to go slowly if you are not sure that whatever you want to try is the right thing or not.

The leaves are where the photosynthesis takes place and without that happening all the nutrients will not matter. To me you have taken off too many fan leaves but it is what it is. Do not take off any more and you should be able to go all the way through to the end with what is left on the plants.

Impressive job on the training. Just be careful on how many leaves get removed at this stage of the game.
Hi smokingwings, when I was doing it I thought I was going too far but with the leaves I left at the tops I thought it would be ok, bit reckless wasn’t it lol, hopefully they will recover ok, I will definitely not be taking any more off, and gunna just try keep heat in them and regular feeds over the next week and see how we go, thanks mate :thanks: :thumb:

I'm talking specifically about iron, and I think in no way can one assume that hard tap water contains any iron, or enough iron. Do you mean 200 ug per liter iron... that's 200 ppm. For comparison, kelp meal contains 622 ppm iron.
did u look at the water report and micrograms is ug/l mg/l is Milligram 200 mg/l would be 200ppm 200 micrograms is 0.2 miligrams 0.1ppm and all water in England contains iron unless your in a rare soft water area thats why a question i always ask is what is your ec u no from ec if water is hard i dont ask area as its a bit intrusive

England

Bath - Hard
Birmingham - Moderate/Hard
Blackburn - Soft
Blackpool - Soft
Bolton - Soft
Bournemouth - Hard
Bradford - Soft
Brighton - Hard
Bristol - Hard
Bromley - Hard
Cambridge - Hard
Canterbury - Hard
Carlisle - Hard/Soft
Chelmsford - Hard
Chester - Soft/Hard
Cleveland [Teesside] - Soft
Colchester - Hard
Coventry - Hard
Crewe - Soft
Croydon - Hard
Darlington - Soft
Dartford - Hard
Derby - Hard/Soft
Doncaster - Hard
Dorchester - Hard
Dudley - Moderate
Durham - Soft
Enfield - Hard
Exeter - Soft
Gloucester - Moderate
Guildford - Hard
Halifax - Soft
Harrogate - Soft
Harrow - Hard
Hemel Hempstead - Hard
Hereford - Moderate
Huddersfield - Soft
Hull - Hard
Ilford - Hard
Ipswich - Hard
Kingston upon Thames - Hard
Lancaster - Soft
Leeds - Hard/Soft
Leicester - Hard
Lincoln - Hard
Liverpool - Soft
London E - Hard
London EC - Hard
London N - Hard
London NW - Hard
London SE - Hard
London SW - Hard
London W - Hard
London WC - Hard
Luton - Hard
Manchester - Soft
Medway / Rochester - Hard
Milton Keynes - Hard
Newcastle upon Tyne - Hard
Northampton - Hard
Norwich - Hard
Nottingham - Hard
Oldham - Soft
Oxford - Hard
Peterborough - Hard
Plymouth - Soft
Portsmouth - Hard
Preston - Soft
Reading - Hard
Redhill - Moderate
Romford - Hard
Salisbury - Hard
Sheffield - Hard
Slough - Hard
Southall Uxbridge - Hard
Southampton - Hard
Southend-on-Sea - Hard
St Albans - Hard
Stevenage - Hard
Stockport - Soft
Stoke-on-Trent - Hard
Sunderland - Hard
Sutton - Hard
Swindon - Hard
Taunton - Moderate
Telford - Hard
Tonbridge - Hard
Torquay - Soft
Truro - Soft
Twickenham - Hard
Wakefield - Hard
Walsall - Moderate
Warrington - Soft
Watford - Hard
Wigan - Soft
Wolverhampton - Hard
Worcester - Moderate
York – Hard

Water in europe is completly different to states

Hi safeman, I could do that but wouldn’t the lack of nutes increase ? I’m pretty sure there lacking food because I haven’t been able to water as frequent as I usually do, being the winter and the soil not drying out, well I’m hoping it’s that anyway 😂 But it’s something to keep in mind if things get worse, I think I noticed nute burn on the Girl Scout cookies, but there not really being effected, it’s these purple urkle that’s got the problems, we’ll just one of them really, but I’m thinking if one’s lacking then it’s just a matter of time before they all start showing signs so I’m trying to get on top of it, and thanks mate for your time and help:thanks::thumb:
If you do a 3 x's the container size Flush & then immediately follow the Flush with the correct nutes you aren't going to hurt anything. I've done it several times in the past.

Hi people, noticed this not long ago, wondering if it might help to narrow down what’s going on, thank yous all for your time and help :thanks: :thumb:

B08CE854-1614-4BC6-953F-0F1C664C1AF1.png

B677CA2C-A845-484B-A0B4-F10386C4E7E0.png

If you do a 3 x's the container size Flush & then immediately follow the Flush with the correct nutes you aren't going to hurt anything. I've done it several times in the past.
Ole right, didn’t think of feeding them straight after the flush :rofl: Iv put a pic up buds, hoping it will shed some light on what’s happening

did u look at the water report and micrograms is ug/l mg/l is Milligram 200 mg/l would be 200ppm 200 micrograms is 0.2 miligrams 0.1ppm and all water in England contains iron unless your in a rare soft water area thats why a question i always ask is what is your ec u no from ec if water is hard i dont ask area as its a bit intrusive

England

Bath - Hard
Birmingham - Moderate/Hard
Blackburn - Soft
Blackpool - Soft
Bolton - Soft
Bournemouth - Hard
Bradford - Soft
Brighton - Hard
Bristol - Hard
Bromley - Hard
Cambridge - Hard
Canterbury - Hard
Carlisle - Hard/Soft
Chelmsford - Hard
Chester - Soft/Hard
Cleveland [Teesside] - Soft
Colchester - Hard
Coventry - Hard
Crewe - Soft
Croydon - Hard
Darlington - Soft
Dartford - Hard
Derby - Hard/Soft
Doncaster - Hard
Dorchester - Hard
Dudley - Moderate
Durham - Soft
Enfield - Hard
Exeter - Soft
Gloucester - Moderate
Guildford - Hard
Halifax - Soft
Harrogate - Soft
Harrow - Hard
Hemel Hempstead - Hard
Hereford - Moderate
Huddersfield - Soft
Hull - Hard
Ilford - Hard
Ipswich - Hard
Kingston upon Thames - Hard
Lancaster - Soft
Leeds - Hard/Soft
Leicester - Hard
Lincoln - Hard
Liverpool - Soft
London E - Hard
London EC - Hard
London N - Hard
London NW - Hard
London SE - Hard
London SW - Hard
London W - Hard
London WC - Hard
Luton - Hard
Manchester - Soft
Medway / Rochester - Hard
Milton Keynes - Hard
Newcastle upon Tyne - Hard
Northampton - Hard
Norwich - Hard
Nottingham - Hard
Oldham - Soft
Oxford - Hard
Peterborough - Hard
Plymouth - Soft
Portsmouth - Hard
Preston - Soft
Reading - Hard
Redhill - Moderate
Romford - Hard
Salisbury - Hard
Sheffield - Hard
Slough - Hard
Southall Uxbridge - Hard
Southampton - Hard
Southend-on-Sea - Hard
St Albans - Hard
Stevenage - Hard
Stockport - Soft
Stoke-on-Trent - Hard
Sunderland - Hard
Sutton - Hard
Swindon - Hard
Taunton - Moderate
Telford - Hard
Tonbridge - Hard
Torquay - Soft
Truro - Soft
Twickenham - Hard
Wakefield - Hard
Walsall - Moderate
Warrington - Soft
Watford - Hard
Wigan - Soft
Wolverhampton - Hard
Worcester - Moderate
York – Hard

Water in europe is completly different to states
I’m in London agedmaster, the south east, hard water, is that a good thing ?

Hi people, noticed this not long ago, wondering if it might help to narrow down what’s going on, thank yous all for your time and help :thanks: :thumb:

B08CE854-1614-4BC6-953F-0F1C664C1AF1.png

B677CA2C-A845-484B-A0B4-F10386C4E7E0.png
The pics aren't real clear, but it could be a few things. Possibly due to a lockout of one element or another. I'd start with a Flush & then a feed at full strength. I usually pH my last couple of gallons of water I put through the pot for a flush. Sometimes, I add Cal-Mag to that last few gallons also @ 3 ml. per gal. It will take about 5 days for the pot to dry out after a flush in most cases.

I’m in London agedmaster, the south east, hard water, is that a good thing ?
just means u should be good with using canna feed without calmag or other minerals this is what i found on cannas website but i found canna also says 0.2/0.4 is moderatly hard to hard they cant make there mind up i no i have 0.6ec tap water and have never had problems

What is the difference between soft/hard and/or bad water and what can you do about it?​

Soft water has an EC level of below 0.4. With CANNA CALMAG AGENT you can raise your EC level to 0.4.

Normal water has an EC level between 0.4 and 0.5. It contains calcium, magnesium and bicarbonate to stabilise the pH. CANNA TERRA and COCO base nutrients are designed to work best with this type of water.

Hard water (EC>0.5) contains more calcium and magnesium than the plant can handle. When you’re growing plants, the best way to treat this kind of water is to use a reverse osmosis filter and then mix your hard water with the R.O. water, until you reach an EC level of 0.4.

Bad water (EC>0.5) contains mostly sodium and chloride. These two elements can block the uptake of beneficial nutrients and become toxic to your plants. With a Reverse Osmosis (R.O) filter, you can remove both of these elements. Simply making a mixture of bad water and R.O water to an E.C of 0.4 will result adequate bi-carbonates to stabilise pH levels, but the calcium and magnesium levels will be too low. Make a mixture of R.O and tap-water until you reach an E.C of 0.2 and then add CANNA CALMAG AGENT until you reach an E.C of 0.4.

never mix RO and tap water. dumbest idea ever. use one or the other and learn to grow that way. tap water changes throughout the year with seasonal differences. this idea of matching nutes to water hardness gradients is totally out to lunch.

typical of eurocentric products and typical of the problems we see here with it. this silly bio biz line is featured in the majority of threads trying to fix problems out of the uk.

I think i no the problem your plant was overloaded with nutes when u use that soil u shouldn't feed for first 4 weeks i used to use there chart for coco with no problems
canna-terra-feed-chart_3.jpg

i finally found a set of their charts online i didn't have to download. the product line makes a lot more sense when you see the different feed charts.

I think i no the problem your plant was overloaded with nutes when u use that soil u shouldn't feed for first 4 weeks i used to use there chart for coco with no problems
canna-terra-feed-chart_3.jpg
Hello agedmaster, I was gunna reply to the flush message you sent but will do it here, I’m not sure if that’s the problem, I can give it a go and don’t see it doing any harm, but I’m thinking it’s the opposite of what your saying, I usually start feeding 2 weeks in like it says, but when I was reading about the soil I’m using it was saying I dont t have to feed for the first 8 weeks, so left it near on that long and they still wasn’t showing any signs of deficiencies, but then thought I better start the nutes, and plus on the switch I left it 2 weeks before the Flores instead of the usual 1 week, so I’m thinking there just starving, but saying that the soil didn’t seem right, I usually get loads of springtails but none this time but I put that down to the season, so yeah I’m now thinking the soil wasn’t good, but I could always flush, do you think that’s the best option ?

Back
Top Bottom